To All The Hughes Inners

harry the plumber said:
bizzbo said:
I said, football world, not city fans ;)

yes there is media hype over the pressure, but he is not getting favourable notices. did you read the david conn article today? good city fan, top journalist.

But is he a better City fan than you or me?

He as got an opinion and its no better than mine or yours. No matter what paper he writes for

no such thing as a better fan... well, let me rephrase that, everyone's opinion is just as valid.... I admire the regular away fans particularly, although i'd be there with 'em if I could, that's easy for me to say sat here, they make it happen every week.

what I was saying is that, the notices in the press aren't good, the pundits aren't particularly impressed. whilst some of that is inevitably people jumping on the band wagon, conn's analysis of hughes' results, strategy and methods doesn't make great reading, and seems typical of what is out there.

Dubai Blue said:
Cobwebcat said:
You've been waiting for a defeat for ages haven't you and now it's time to point the finger of blame and of course it's nothing to do with the players, no it's 100% the manager.
Have you ever stopped to consider the fact that they are his fucking players? Pretty much every single one of them bought by him with a bottomless pit of cash. If it doesn't worry you that he can't get his OWN players to start playing to even a semi-decent level on a consistent basis then Manchester City Football Club is the least of your concerns.

What total crap. Judge him at the end of the season. Where were you when we beat Arsenal twice and Chelsea and came back three times with ten men v Bolton? How are the players not playing for him? The only one who isn't arsed is Mr Robinho. You are one of the idiots that would have fired Fergie after a season.

It's not a question of in or out its a question of shut the fuck up and wait till the end of the season before you start crying.

bizzbo said:
harry the plumber said:
But is he a better City fan than you or me?

He as got an opinion and its no better than mine or yours. No matter what paper he writes for

no such thing as a better fan... well, let me rephrase that, everyone's opinion is just as valid.... I admire the regular away fans particularly, although i'd be there with 'em if I could, that's easy for me to say sat here, they make it happen every week.

what I was saying is that, the notices in the press aren't good, the pundits aren't particularly impressed. whilst some of that is inevitably people jumping on the band wagon, conn's analysis of hughes' results, strategy and methods doesn't make great reading, and seems typical of what is out there.
All i meant was , Is David conn a better City fan than you or me because he can put his words down better than you or me?

Freestyler said:
Happy with tonight game? amazing wasn't we, can't believe how well we played, spurs keeper was MOTM.

yeh right, get your head out the clouds and look in reality hughes is useless, we played well for 10 minutes out of 90, its wank

all this bollocks about well we've only lost 2 games

whats more important, them 2 losses or the amount of wins we've had?

HUGHES OUT.
I'm no longer a Hughes Inner, but I dont want us to change manager without a replacement.

I watched the game in the pub up until ht, then came back. It was pretty even until we scored, and tbh I was convinced we'd get beaten before the game. Loss of Bellamy, Bridge and Lescott 3 players on the left against a Spurs team with Lennon on the right made a difficult fixture more awkward. 1st goal was even more crucial than usual

League position and results don't really back up your argument. We could win tomorrow and things could look different.

harry the plumber said:
bizzbo said:

All i meant was , Is David conn a better City fan than you or me because he can put his words down better than you or me?

no, I don't think he is... he is a bit more informed and analytical than a lot of us but as a fan he's still just one voice, one opinion. perhaps you are a better fan than me for sticking up for the manager, I certainly admire you for it, even if I don't like or rate Hughes...

I confused the issue by mentioning conn, dunno why I called him a good fan... probably I meant that I don't think he's the kind to stick the boot in for the sake of it, or to further himself, unlike someone like schindler. I certainly wasn't trying to say, he's a good fan, we should follow what he says. It was just an example of the articles I was referring to.

I was saying that the fan's opinions are one thing... the opinions of other people, journalists, pundits, professionals, managers, well, they will have a minor effect on the owners thinking too, and I think the majority have been a bit critical of what hughes has put together. obviously it's worse on the back of the spurs display, and some are just jumping on the bandwagon, but on balance I think there is a fair bit of criticism that is sticking. it's up to hughes to prove them (and me) wrong.

Maybe it would have been better if hughes had been given this season as a freebie, don't worry about it, judge at the end, but when they kept him on in the summer, I think it was made clear to him that he had only scraped by last year (top ten finish), so he was expected to get a good start, and that his performance would be monitored. I'm not saying this is right or wrong, and I can't quite remember where I read it, but I did read it several times from sources that I would normally listen too.

Cook said when we were sixth that the start had been ok, but not great, and since then they've been silent. I know there is a big meeting this weekend to talk about next year, everyones said that's about transfer targets, but it's been widely reported that the owners expected Hughes to turn around the form by the end of the year, and some papers said that this meeting would determine hughes' future. it's not 100%, any of that, but I've seen nothing beyond mark saying his future was not in immediate doubt, and that was before the arsenal and chelsea games. I don't believe everything i read in the papers, but I do believe some of it is reasonably accurate, and I have to think, on balance that his future is under scrutiny. It would have been easy for cook or mansour to say 'he stays for the season' at any point, but they haven't.

again, I'm not saying any of that is right or wrong. perhaps it all fits in with what I felt about Hughes' performance a bit too neatly, but no-one has come close to convincing me that he is nailed on 'til the end of the year.

Mattyc55 said:
andybluenolan said:
Calling all hughes outers- MAN THE FUCK UP and support your team instead of all this fucking bickering get him out the club. Sometimes i really wish the sheiks never bothered with us, some of you have turned into a bunch of fucking rags. 100 percent for hughes to stay so like i said man the fuck up or fuck off. Simples.

Here we go, a delightful touchy happy-clapper who deems it a crime for someone venting their opinion on an internet forum. Bunch of losers our fans.
you know the fucking dick heads who call us 'happy clappers' FUCK OFF

or meet up for a lovely chat

bizzbo said:
harry the plumber said:

no, I don't think he is... he is a bit more informed and analytical than a lot of us but as a fan he's still just one voice, one opinion. perhaps you are a better fan than me for sticking up for the manager, I certainly admire you for it, even if I don't like or rate Hughes...

I confused the issue by mentioning conn, dunno why I called him a good fan... probably I meant that I don't think he's the kind to stick the boot in for the sake of it, or to further himself, unlike someone like schindler. I certainly wasn't trying to say, he's a good fan, we should follow what he says. It was just an example of the articles I was referring to.

I was saying that the fan's opinions are one thing... the opinions of other people, journalists, pundits, professionals, managers, well, they will have a minor effect on the owners thinking too, and I think the majority have been a bit critical of what hughes has put together. obviously it's worse on the back of the spurs display, and some are just jumping on the bandwagon, but on balance I think there is a fair bit of criticism that is sticking. it's up to hughes to prove them (and me) wrong.

Maybe it would have been better if hughes had been given this season as a freebie, don't worry about it, judge at the end, but when they kept him on in the summer, I think it was made clear to him that he had only scraped by last year (top ten finish), so he was expected to get a good start, and that his performance would be monitored. I'm not saying this is right or wrong, and I can't quite remember where I read it, but I did read it several times from sources that I would normally listen too.

Cook said when we were sixth that the start had been ok, but not great, and since then they've been silent. I know there is a big meeting this weekend to talk about next year, everyones said that's about transfer targets, but it's been widely reported that the owners expected Hughes to turn around the form by the end of the year, and some papers said that this meeting would determine hughes' future. it's not 100%, any of that, but I've seen nothing beyond mark saying his future was not in immediate doubt, and that was before the arsenal and chelsea games. I don't believe everything i read in the papers, but I do believe some of it is reasonably accurate, and I have to think, on balance that his future is under scrutiny. It would have been easy for cook or mansour to say 'he stays for the season' at any point, but they haven't.

again, I'm not saying any of that is right or wrong. perhaps it all fits in with what I felt about Hughes' performance a bit too neatly, but no-one has come close to convincing me that he is nailed on 'til the end of the year.
The owners are are on the inside. Why should they listen to some wordsmith on the outside? I am sure that they are a bit concerned that the energies of City fas are being sapped. Alternatively the club might welcome the siege atmosphere. can use criticism to your advantage

Marvin said:
The owners are are on the inside. Why should they listen to some wordsmith on the outside? I am sure that they are a bit concerned that the energies of City fas are being sapped. Alternatively the club might welcome the siege atmosphere. can use criticism to your advantage

a long time ago, in a reply far, far away, the point was made that other managers would think hughes had been sacked unfairly. my point, a long time ago etc etc, was that I thought the articles and so forth raised valid criticism of hughes' efforts, which I would expect a few other managers to agree with. not that they would be swayed by the opinion pieces, but that some of the points were good ones, and likely to be the same kind of thing that other managers think.

anyway, mourinho took the inter job from a guy who had just won the italian championship three times on the trot. I don't think it entered his head that mancini had been treated unfairly. people like mourinho, hiddink, they have massive ego's, even if they thought hughes had turned water into wine but still been sacked, they'll think they
could do better.

there are strong arguments to keep hughes til the end of the season, but i'm not sure that 'it'll put off other managers' is one of them. maybe just that the others aren't available... but, being on the outside, we don't know if they are really available and interested or not.

bizzbo said:
harry the plumber said:

Respect
We will agree to disagree on some points but like me i know you are a true blue.
We have one goal in life and thats to see City at the top
Whether thats under Hughes or anyone else it doesn`t matter. What matters is City. C.T.I.D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.