To All The Hughes Inners

lloydie said:
posted some of this on (yet) another thread but here it is again as repeating the same things over and over seems to be the fashion in these parts..

Would you expect there not to be a contingency plan should MH not achieve the stated objective of 6th place? MH himself will know that he will be judged on his performance over the whole season, and we should accept the owners as being as good as their word, anything less would be disrespectful to them.
A denial or vote of confidence will not appease the outers, they have their agenda and wont let it go, which is a shame as I'd hoped that the factionalism that his riven this club for years (since Swales at least) had disintegrated following the advent of ADUG.
I, personally, believe that the there is no advantage whatsoever to be gained from the calls for MH to be sacked, given what we know about tour owners, do you really believe that they are likely to listen to that call if it reflects poorly on their reputation and honour? As it is, it only divides and distracts, so until the end of the season we should back the manager rather than provide ammunition for the opposition and media hacks.

The only way to shut the press up is to start winning games.

Sack Hughes, they will rip into us, slamming our owners for not backing a British manager ets ets ets.

Keep him and we dont win anything, the press will just rip into us for spending so much and doing fuck all.

We cant win with them so they shouldnt matter in our plans.

blueinsa said:
lloydie said:
posted some of this on (yet) another thread but here it is again as repeating the same things over and over seems to be the fashion in these parts..

Would you expect there not to be a contingency plan should MH not achieve the stated objective of 6th place? MH himself will know that he will be judged on his performance over the whole season, and we should accept the owners as being as good as their word, anything less would be disrespectful to them.
A denial or vote of confidence will not appease the outers, they have their agenda and wont let it go, which is a shame as I'd hoped that the factionalism that his riven this club for years (since Swales at least) had disintegrated following the advent of ADUG.
I, personally, believe that the there is no advantage whatsoever to be gained from the calls for MH to be sacked, given what we know about tour owners, do you really believe that they are likely to listen to that call if it reflects poorly on their reputation and honour? As it is, it only divides and distracts, so until the end of the season we should back the manager rather than provide ammunition for the opposition and media hacks.

Sack Hughes, they will rip into us, slamming our owners for not backing a British manager ets ets ets.

Keep him and we dont win anything, the press will just rip into us for spending so much and doing fuck all.

I agree with the first two parts of that but can't see there's a problem with sacking MH at the end of the season, if need be . Sure the press will say we've failed and so will we all, but that will be laid firmly at the door of MH as he will not have achieved his objectives and the owners will have been true to their word. Further, our "plans" are long term ones that are not wholly dependent on the accomplishment of this seasons objective.

lloydie said:
blueinsa said:

I agree with the first two parts of that but can't see there's a problem with sacking MH at the end of the season, if need be . Sure the press will say we've failed and so will we all, but that will be laid firmly at the door of MH as he will not have achieved his objectives and the owners will have been true to their word. Further, our "plans" are long term ones that are not wholly dependent on the accomplishment of this seasons objective.

I think he will get the rest of the season tbh.

Lets all hope he uses the time wisely and gets the team playing, consistently

blueinsa said:
lloydie said:

They are constantly telling us not to go out and get a world class manager because they are wankers.

just a quick question blue mooners
if you could pick the top managers in the world would hughes be in there ?
has he shown anyone on here he is a top class manager ?
the answers are no
he is not good enough for this project, simple as

i actually like the guy , i like his attitude , like his demeanour, but he is tactically inept
that is the fact of this matter
and i challenge anyone to prove me wrong

dref619 said:
the answers are no

i actually like the guy , i like his attitude , like his demeanour, but he is tactically inept

I wish Hughes would prove you wrong. I highly doubt he will, though.

Pam said:
dref619 said:
the answers are no

I wish Hughes would prove you wrong. I highly doubt he will, though.

iv been waiting for him to from the day he got the job, honestly, i couldnt care less wether he was a rag or not, the man aint bringing success to this club

Has no one realised that sacking hughes will do no good. Look at it this way, hughes goes and we approach jose or another top manager and offer them the job they'll just turn round and say

'you let mark hughes build a 200+ million plus squad then give him in less than half a season to get it to gel. He's still in touch with the targets you set him, yet now you've raised the bar and deicded he isnt good enough, well I don't fancy a 6 month holiday in manchester this job aint for me.'

Like it or not hughes hasnt failed in any way which is why I can't get where all the hate is coming from

M22_blu said:
'you let mark hughes build a 200+ million plus squad then give him in less than half a season to get it to gel. He's still in touch with the targets you set him, yet now you've raised the bar and deicded he isnt good enough, well I don't fancy a 6 month holiday in manchester this job aint for me.'

No way would the "Special One" say that. In fact, he's on record as saying we should be winning the title with the squad we have. Here is a link for this.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/421046/Jose-Mourinho-backs-City-for-title-Carlos-Tevez-will-clinch-it-says-Special-One.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/4 ... l-One.html</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.