to the Ibra haters

I wonder what this BS about Ibra don't do well in Spain comes from?
serieusly, new team, new leauge. new way of playing, and he still made 31 points in 40 games, plenty of them av great importance. like the only goal againt RM, and plenty of opening goals as well.

Pep wants him to stay, its only laporta who may have second thoughts.

Give him a free role behind tevez, and we dont need another playmaker, because Zlatans vision is second to none.

zeven said:
I wonder what this BS about Ibra don't do well in Spain comes from?
serieusly, new team, new leauge. new way of playing, and he still made 31 points in 40 games, plenty of them av great importance. like the only goal againt RM, and plenty of opening goals as well.

Pep wants him to stay, its only laporta who may have second thoughts.

Give him a free role behind tevez, and we dont need another playmaker, because Zlatans vision is second to none.

spot on! sounds like somebody actually have seen him play here :)

fuck youtube i have seen him play maaaaaany games and that youtube videos didnt include all his assists! hes vision is from another planet! just look at the assists in barca this season! and then look at them he did at inter and juve!!

I've seen 95 per cent of his games since he left Sweden! his overall contribution over a season has always been top notch! he is the most complete player i ever seen in world football.

zeven said:
I've seen 95 per cent of his games since he left Sweden! his overall contribution over a season has always been top notch! he is the most complete player i ever seen in world football.

More complete than Van Basten or a few others i could mention???????? i seriously doubt it.

i don't doubt his talent, but no way would i mention him in the same breath of the likes of Van Basten.

Ahhh the ever lasting story of Ibra (the argument about this guy never ends). People are either calling him the most gifted player in the world or the most overrated garbage ever. Both sides IMO are wrong.

Ibra has his strength and weaknesses and he always had those two sides in him. He is "bit" lazy thats true, slow thats another fact and can be frustrating at times which is true too.

But He has many qualities some of them are IMO pretty unique (and no other striker have them). He has the most impressive vision in the game "period" and for a striker to have that is pretty incredible really. He has a pretty decent goal rate for an "SS" (people tend to forget that he never was a "target striker" so his job always was both to assist and score goals).

There was an article written in the "Marca" newspaper some two months ago showing that Ibra was directly responsible for giving Barca 26 points in the league this season because of either his assists or goals (they didn't count all assists and goals they just counted the decisive ones). And they made a stat where they've showed that he is the 2nd most decisive player in the Barca team this season (behind Messi) and infront of some of they're most important players like Xavi, Iniesta and Dani alves.

He scored (in the knockout stage) the equalizing goal for Barca against Stuttgart when Barca struggled away in germany. He scored two important goals for them again against Arsenal away. He single handedly "in 5 minutes" won them the game against Real madrid in the Classico when even Messi couldn't do anything for 90 minutes.

Not to mention what he did Before moving to Barcelona in his career. To throw all these facts and just say he's the most overrated garbage ever is am sorry a bit Off.

interisti said:
Ahhh the ever lasting story of Ibra (the argument about this guy never ends). People are either calling him the most gifted player in the world or the most overrated garbage ever. Both sides IMO are wrong.

Ibra has his strength and weaknesses and he always had those two sides in him. He is "bit" lazy thats true, slow thats another fact and can be frustrating at times which is true too.

But He has many qualities some of them are IMO pretty unique (and no other striker have them). He has the most impressive vision in the game "period" and for a striker to have that is pretty incredible really. He has a pretty decent goal rate for an "SS" (people tend to forget that he never was a "target striker" so his job always was both to assist and score goals).

There was an article written in the "Marca" newspaper some two months ago showing that Ibra was directly responsible for giving Barca 26 points in the league this season because of either his assists or goals (they didn't count all assists and goals they just counted the decisive ones). And they made a stat where they've showed that he is the 2nd most decisive player in the Barca team this season (behind Messi) and infront of some of they're most important players like Xavi, Iniesta and Dani alves.

He scored (in the knockout stage) the equalizing goal for Barca against Stuttgart when Barca struggled away in germany. He scored two important goals for them again against Arsenal away. He single handedly "in 5 minutes" won them the game against Real madrid in the Classico when even Messi couldn't do anything for 90 minutes.

Not to mention what he did Before moving to Barcelona in his career. To throw all these facts and just say he's the most overrated garbage ever is am sorry a bit Off.

A qualified opinion at last! Thanks for that, great post.

I have to say I've stayed out of the Ibra discussions because for me his, outside of Torres, he's the player I'd most like to see in a City shirt next season.

BillyShears said:
interisti said:

A qualified opinion at last! Thanks for that, great post.

I have to say I've stayed out of the Ibra discussions because for me his, outside of Torres, he's the player I'd most like to see in a City shirt next season.

He obviously knows what he is talking about. I was on the fence on this one but interisti has sold it to me.

When the chips were down in the quarter final against Inter Milan he was woeful , to the extent that Barca chasing a goal with half an hour to play took him off ...... Not doubting that on his day he can fantastic , unfortunately he isnt suited to the rough and tumble of the English League ....

Look at Forlan , Morientes , Kanoute etc look quality in the Spanish League that suits their game but were average over here , likewise Mark Hughes was a handful here but very poor in Spain .

CHT said:
When the chips were down in the quarter final against Inter Milan he was woeful , to the extent that Barca chasing a goal with half an hour to play took him off

Wasn't that we he just returned from injury?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.