third division opposition
on terrestrial tv for free
loads of home matches coming up which will cost a fortune
recession, redundancies, unemployment

so hardly a surprise really

I enjoyed it though 5 - 0 :-)

Re: Big Club?

rowsley_st said:
We will never be a big club until we can sell out our ground.
Todays attendance was embarrassing. 27K when tickets were 15 quid for adults, a tenner for u21 and only a fiver for kids.
We have over 20k people who just cannot be arsed attending to back their team...it's shocking.
Even the carrot of extra loyalty points has not been able to get these fickle fans to attend.
I don't give a toss that it was "only" Notts County and on terrestrial TV...The apathy of these so called fans means we will never be seen by them lot up the road as a big club either.. we have no defence.
Lets see what the attendance will be against Villa...another Premiership side.

Stopped reading at that. We are.

Times are hard, people are broke, you're a........

I was there today, I prefer sell outs but I don't see the point of bitching on here about it. Sunday, Notts Co, on ITV etc etc etc

Who cares what "them up the road" think of us? I don't. Maybe you are one of them?

rowsley_st said:
Todays attendance was embarrassing. 27K when tickets were 15 quid for adults, a tenner for u21 and only a fiver for kids.
We have over 20k people who just cannot be arsed attending to back their team...it's shocking.
Even the carrot of extra loyalty points has not been able to get these fickle fans to attend.
I don't give a toss that it was "only" Notts County and on terrestrial TV...The apathy of these so called fans means we will never be seen by them lot up the road as a big club either.. we have no defence.

Right so that lot up the road didnt sell out yesterday but they are a big club, Chelsea cant sell out Champs League games but they are a big club

But fuck it your right what a shitty fan i am for not travelling 400 miles round trip on a sunday afternoon to watch us play a shit team in the 4th round of the F.A Cup when its on TV

Did you go?, if you did did you enjoy yourself? If you did what more do you want? Savour every moment of there being seats for almost most games and that the club have priced them at an affordable price because if we ever do reach the status of "big" club they will be a lot harder to come by. And if I had worried about what the scum had said about my club over the last thirty odd years I would have given up by now.

Barcelona regulary play to crowds 40,000 down on capacity.

Granted, they aren't a big club, either.

Manure are a phenomenon, to which they prove their are enough people out there who should not get regular day release.

I had the money, but thought I'd spend the day at home with my young family and watch in on the box.

As I will on Thursday night. People serve their dues at various times in their life.

Mine are served and continue to put my money where my heart is with paying for two season tickets.

I could not give a flying fuck about attendances. My ticket was bought today in the cup direct but i am at work so cant go. I would rather have our normal loyal support than glory hunters any day

Whatever the excuses/reasons, the 7 games in a row, low league opposition, on tv, cannot afford ect ect 22,000 blues on a sunday afternoon for £15 is very very poor. We don't have 48,000 people in our fanbase, we have hundreds of thousands and i bet we have a good couple of hundred thousands within a 30 mile radius of the ground, where are they? Where are the ones who only get to a few games a season because they cannot afford a season ticket or £50 for the top games? Where were they today when it was £15?

Yes i can understand why people don't go for genuine reasons, work, finances ect but surely with the team the owners have invested in us and the optimism for winning trophies for the first time in 35 years that has never been there before we could get more than 22,000 people paying £15 a ticket PLUS getting 100 loyalty points as a bonus.

No matter what anyone says on this thread, it is a poor show as a collective whole of city fans and the sheik and the club must be puzzled about what more they have to do, they've already made the game as cheap as they can, they've offered an unbelievable amount of loyalty points, it's on a sunday where 90% of people do not work and still such a poor turnout.

mancitymick said:
I could not give a flying fuck about attendances. My ticket was bought today in the cup direct but i am at work so cant go. I would rather have our normal loyal support than glory hunters any day

Glory hunters!!!

rowsley_st said:

The apathy of these so called fans means we will never be seen by them lot up the road as a big club either.. we have no defence.
Believe 30k went missing at The Swamp of Prawn Sandwiches against Wolves in the Carling Cup so they must be a tiny club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.