Todays and Thursdays attendance - Big Club? Joke ? {merged}

Re: Big Club?

rowsley_st said:
We will never be a big club until we can sell out our ground.
Todays attendance was embarrassing. 27K when tickets were 15 quid for adults, a tenner for u21 and only a fiver for kids.
We have over 20k people who just cannot be arsed attending to back their team...it's shocking.
Even the carrot of extra loyalty points has not been able to get these fickle fans to attend.
I don't give a toss that it was "only" Notts County and on terrestrial TV...The apathy of these so called fans means we will never be seen by them lot up the road as a big club either.. we have no defence.
Lets see what the attendance will be against Villa...another Premiership side.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wind
Your
Neck
In
!

just clicked on one of the ads to give the site a bit of income "nöjesresa.se" a Swedish ticket site with trips to the Prem games.

City vs Fulham 175 quid - ticket only! They're not going to be filled but the club will probably get 20 quid anyway.

5 home games in 14 days
I cant afford all of them all due to my money situation as amazingly i have other commitments outside of football(and my cooker packed in this morning so ive just shelled out £400 i really cant afford)
Thats why i didnt go today nor will i be going to the Villa match

BlueCityfan said:
And we are supposed to have a big fanbase? It's good that our possible next 2 Fa cup rounds will be at home. maybe we get some kind of matchday revenue....we will never break even with these attendances im afraid.

Are we? United fans are laughing at us. Maybe im being too harsh.

Your laughing at yourself mate......Never really heard a City fan shouting that we're a big club.....Infact its them that call us massive....Due to our last twenty managers saying "this is a massive club". Is it our faults that our ex managers can only speak in cliches.

I'm not saying we don't have the potential but thirty so years have taken there toll.

We as City fans seem to get to wound up about what the RAGS think.

We are City, we are unique. Lets just be City.

Its got fuck all to do with what utd fans think,every fan that went today must of looked around and found that embarrassing,fair enough some cant go due to money etc but we have to many (20,000) who just cant be arsed with cup games and at very reasonable prices that crowd today was very embarrassing.<br /><br />-- Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:42 pm --<br /><br />Its got fuck all to do with what utd fans think,every fan that went today must of looked around and found that embarrassing,fair enough some cant go due to money etc but we have to many (20,000) who just cant be arsed with cup games and at very reasonable prices that crowd today was very embarrassing.

SWP's back said:
rowsley_st said:
We will never be a big club until we can sell out our ground.
Todays attendance was embarrassing. 27K when tickets were 15 quid for adults, a tenner for u21 and only a fiver for kids.
We have over 20k people who just cannot be arsed attending to back their team...it's shocking.
Even the carrot of extra loyalty points has not been able to get these fickle fans to attend.
I don't give a toss that it was "only" Notts County and on terrestrial TV...The apathy of these so called fans means we will never be seen by them lot up the road as a big club either.. we have no defence.
Lets see what the attendance will be against Villa...another Premiership side.

Stopped reading at that. We are.

Times are hard, people are broke, you're a........****
I was there today, I prefer sell outs but I don't see the point of bitching on here about it. Sunday, Notts Co, on ITV etc etc etc

Who cares what "them up the road" think of us? I don't. Maybe you are one of them?
He is

Ammended.

I'll guarantee there are quite a few "fans" who buy tickets and don't bother turning up cos they can't be arsed with early rounds just so they can get the Loyalty Points. I reckon points shouldn't be awarded unless you've actually gone to the game. That might attract some of this type of fans as they won't get the points otherwise!

The only reason utd was 75,000 and is all of their FA cup games is because they are forced to pay for cup games. My brother is a season ticket holder in the Stretford end and sold his £30 ticket yesterday to a plastic and most of the guys around him do the same in the FA cup as they also can't afford to attend.

yes the attendence is lower than usual on cup games but i think thats just the times because the FA looked at attendance in the cup and everones attendence is lower than usual. the attendance wasnt amazingly high today but it was only the family stand and a few seats at the top

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.