Todays and Thursdays attendance - Big Club? Joke ? {merged}

Re: What a joke!!

Griff93 said:
TINY said:
I live just opposite the stadium, I stand on the balcony and I'm viewing the stadium, in fact I'm sat in the front room with the missus watching dancing on ice and as I glance up I can see the stadium. That's how close I live to the thing, and I STILL didn't go. The price for myself was £15.00 + £10.00 for my pensioner father. Now if we presume I don't pay for my father (which I do for the seasoncard we've had for 21 years), that's £15.00 I currently cannot afford, and this is a boat that I share with many City fans, nay football fans accross the country.

That money that I would have spent at the ground today £15.00 for the ticket, £3.00 for the programme and again we'll presume I don't eat or drink at the ground with their extortionate prices, that's half a weeks petrol for me. Half a week. That can now go towards paying a bill or putting food on the table for my family. I sat at home and watched the game, and thouroughly enjoyed it, sat here with my father.

There are thousands of people in a similar situation where we cannot condone paying out more money on football, after the money we already do spend. So fuck off telling me or any others that cannot be arsed. The ground was empty because we still have working class fans, as soon as we win something or are in the Champions League regularly we'll have the 'day trippers' and the ground will be full most games, FA Cup or other. So until then, enjoy the fact that you (or whoever pays for you) can afford to go to the game and have the means to do so. Some of us can't be arsed spending the extra.

Cheers.

Top post.

Yeah, top post but missing the fooking point completely. How hard is it to understand ffs?!? This is aimed at those so-called fans who could easily have attended yesterday but couldn't be arsed. Some of them would rather spend twice the ticket price watching it in a pub. These are the people who for some reason will expect a cup final ticket when it happens coz theyve always been "loyal" fans. Sorry, but these "fans" can just fook off.

Just looked on the OS on line ticket booking, a lot of areas are now limited seating and 111 around to 108 has only a few dozen between them so hopefully will all sell out, up in the EL2 there are only a few left around the south end of the stand with the middle blocks all gone, 4 of us do the normal 200 mile round trip but if some can't make it because of cash then so be it and if some would rather make the Euro away trips good on them I can't because of work so hats off to them that make some of them trips.
If you can afford it, go and if not save up for the next one, money is tight and we all know if we can afford to go to every game we would.
Yesterday was £30.00 pet and then £10 parking, not every one has that kind of cash for what could be 7 home games in a row.

Just seen a newcastle blog taking the piss out of our attendance,saying utd had 75 were as we only had a third of that and how they sell they're place out while selling they're best players,you can debate that statement all day but it just goes to show even other teams think it was shite considering we've got a good chance of winning this with the best squad in a very long time.We should be really up for these cup games i really cant understand our cup game mentality

1978blue said:
Just seen a newcastle blog taking the piss out of our attendance,saying utd had 75 were as we only had a third of that and how they sell they're place out while selling they're best players,you can debate that statement all day but it just goes to show even other teams think it was shite considering we've got a good chance of winning this with the best squad in a very long time.We should be really up for these cup games i really cant understand our cup game mentality

1) glazers force them to buy cup tickets
2) who gives a shit what geordies say

this is the same 'mighty toon' that got just 33K against premier league club Arsenal in the Carling Cup this season for a prime time Weds night kick off that wasn't even televised?

the same 'mighty toon' that recently got a pathetic 15,805 at home to Plymouth in the last comparable FA Cup tie that they have had?

PMSL

disco dancer said:
1978blue said:

1) glazers force them to buy cup tickets
2) who gives a shit what geordies say
Didnt say i gave a shit,was just passing on something i just read

I`m a seasoncard holder, didn`t go yesterday, basically wanted to save myself £15 and couldn`t be a**ed,enjoyed 2 hours peace and quiet in the living room herbally relaxed.

1978blue said:

I heard that with the rags, if you have a season ticket you are automatically part of the cup scheme. I think this is why they fill their ground for cup games. My rag mate was ranting over it a couple years back about being forced into being in the cup scheme in order to keep his season ticket. I'm not sure if things have change in recent years but I'm guessing it is still the same.

Balti said:
this is the same 'mighty toon' that got just 33K against premier league club Arsenal in the Carling Cup this season for a prime time Weds night kick off that wasn't even televised?

the same 'mighty toon' that recently got a pathetic 15,805 at home to Plymouth in the last comparable FA Cup tie that they have had?

PMSL

No its probably the other Newscastle team.... oh wait....

Tueart1976 said:
1978blue said:

I heard that with the rags, if you have a season ticket you are automatically part of the cup scheme. I think this is why they fill their ground for cup games. My rag mate was ranting over it a couple years back about being forced into being in the cup scheme in order to keep his season ticket. I'm not sure if things have change in recent years but I'm guessing it is still the same.
I thought they had to stop doing that,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.