Todays attendance

The thing is... 28-30k is our hardcore support.

Liverpool at home (yes Liverpool) last season at MR only attracted 28k. Forest last year, how many?

28k was a normal attendance for us not too long ago, even for premier league. The new found wealth has brought a lot of new support, but our hardcore is the same as it's been for 35 years.

Don't get too hung up over attendances... they win you fuck all!

I agree it was a poor turnout, but you can't really make people attend. I would much rather have the setup we have rather than the Rags where you have to be in the Cup Scheme to be a season ticket holder.

There are some people who work unusual hours (myself included) who simply cannot make games at night. However I've been lucky this season with my hours and haven't missed a home game, and have also made away games.

Poor turnout yes, but there will be reasons (Stoke being a big one)

levets said:

Liverpool at home (yes Liverpool) last season at MR only attracted 28k. Forest last year, how many?

28k was a normal attendance for us not too long ago, even for premier league. The new found wealth has brought a lot of new support, but our hardcore is the same as it's been for 35 years.

Says on mcfcstats.com we got 35k against Liverpool in last season at Maine Road.

My gripe on the attendance is for two things. Firstly we haven't won a trophy in 34 years, something that hurts us so badly and we constantly mention it, we have a great chance of winning it this year with the wuality of our team, the manager and the fact that United, Liverpool and Arsenal have gone out and we get a half empty ground. Do we want it? Are we bothered about winning a first trophy? A full house yesterday may have seen a different result. 42k City fans up for the cup, all screaming and pushing them on to progress v 4k loud stoke fans or 24k city fans turning up with huge gaps in the ground v 4k loud stoke fans?

Secondly i wonder what the Sheik thinks? "i spend £250m on players to give the fans a team they want to win the trophies they desparately want and reduce the tickets and still only 24k of them can turn up? Bollocks to that, whats the situation on Newcastle, Sunderland and Spurs?"

Immaculate Pasta said:
levets said:

Says on mcfcstats.com we got 35k against Liverpool in last season at Maine Road.

My gripe on the attendance is for two things. Firstly we haven't won a trophy in 34 years, something that hurts us so badly and we constantly mention it, we have a great chance of winning it this year with the wuality of our team, the manager and the fact that United, Liverpool and Arsenal have gone out and we get a half empty ground. Do we want it? Are we bothered about winning a first trophy? A full house yesterday may have seen a different result. 42k City fans up for the cup, all screaming and pushing them on to progress v 4k loud stoke fans or 24k city fans turning up with huge gaps in the ground v 4k loud stoke fans?

Secondly i wonder what the Sheik thinks? "i spend £250m on players to give the fans a team they want to win the trophies they desparately want and reduce the tickets and still only 24k of them can turn up? Bollocks to that, whats the situation on Newcastle, Sunderland and Spurs?"

==========
In the FA cup? 28k live on telly

levets said:
Immaculate Pasta said:

==========

You didn't say FA Cup, thought you meant league.

Immaculate Pasta said:
levets said:

==========
You didn't say FA Cup, thought you meant league.

But the discussion was centred on FA Cup? The following season (I Think) we only got 28k V spurs... the draw before our famous comeback...

Regular Joe said:
It is clear that fans are no longer prepared to support the earlier rounds of cup competitions, so I think the time has come for the club to seriously consider including all home FA and Carling Cup ties prior to the quarter final stage free with a season ticket. All other seats 5 quid for Citycard holders, 1 quid for Live 4City (the Hamburg model). A full ground every time with a bit of atmosphere.

I realise there are implications in terms of the gate revenue share to go to the away team, but I'm sure this could be negotiated, and there's no doubt we could afford to do this. Gate receipts yesterday were probably under half a million quid, so in a typical season this would cost no more than two to three million quid.

Anyone agree?

The club should seriously consider this. To be honest, you don't get many privileges for being a season ticket holder and this would be a nice gesture for existing ST holders and perhaps encourage a few of the more casual fans to become ST holders. The atmosphere was so flat yesterday. A full house passionately supporting the team could have made all the difference.

read all the posts,some interesting points made about cost,the way City are playing etc,on TV etc.Maybe 50 loyalty pts would make a difference if applied to ALL cup games.At least City fans would be out in force if we get to Wembley saying I've supported them for 40 years and cant get a ticket.Now I wonder why that is? You could always watch it on TV like the earlier rounds.

tele ruins football attendances look at bolton yesterday they were charging 15 pound and still only got 13,000 thats dire

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.