Todays attendance

Just look at the empty seats at Bolton, I think live tv is killing the FA cup. If games are on itv or bbc it has a huge impact on crowds at cup games.

bridgeblue said:
Just look at the empty seats at Bolton, I think live tv is killing the FA cup. If games are on itv or bbc it has a huge impact on crowds at cup games.

Perhaps, but I think its due the fact the premiership is so big these days and the fact some clubs play their reserves in the cup. Its been shite for about 10 years now. CL games on ITV always sell out no problem.

mcfc_die_hard said:
Citycitytid said:
On a plus note i would like to say that dispite it being a pretty poor game and a poor result and the ground being fucking empty block 111-110 made some decent noise.

There's no plus note. I sit in 111 and its been utter garbage since the pompey game. Utter dire in fact.

well im in 110 and we made some noise today. 110 starts all the songs and 111 joins in[/quote]
i'm in 111 and thouht it was better/louder atmos. if we'd have had something to sing about, would'v been great.

It is clear that fans are no longer prepared to support the earlier rounds of cup competitions, so I think the time has come for the club to seriously consider including all home FA and Carling Cup ties prior to the quarter final stage free with a season ticket. All other seats 5 quid for Citycard holders, 1 quid for Live 4City (the Hamburg model). A full ground every time with a bit of atmosphere.

I realise there are implications in terms of the gate revenue share to go to the away team, but I'm sure this could be negotiated, and there's no doubt we could afford to do this. Gate receipts yesterday were probably under half a million quid, so in a typical season this would cost no more than two to three million quid.

Anyone agree?

Regular Joe said:
It is clear that fans are no longer prepared to support the earlier rounds of cup competitions, so I think the time has come for the club to seriously consider including all home FA and Carling Cup ties prior to the quarter final stage free with a season ticket. All other seats 5 quid for Citycard holders, 1 quid for Live 4City (the Hamburg model). A full ground every time with a bit of atmosphere.

I realise there are implications in terms of the gate revenue share to go to the away team, but I'm sure this could be negotiated, and there's no doubt we could afford to do this. Gate receipts yesterday were probably under half a million quid, so in a typical season this would cost no more than two to three million quid.

Anyone agree?

even if they were free people wouldnt go the price of the ticket is only the start for some people

You reckon season ticket holders wouldn't turn up to a cup game they can get into for free? Not sure how you work that out. Maybe a few no shows for one reason or another, but that happens for every game.

Your right, it was fucking embarassing! Plus, i was sat in 110 because my season seat was taken (east stand on halfway line) i was looked at like a piece of shit for some reason like i wasntg meant to be there, im not a fucking glory hunter who turns up for one game a season! Anyway, 110 made some decent noise considering a lot of the "proper" fans couldnt be arsed turning up.

I think they should of give 50 loyalty points like they did for the arsenal game, sure it would of put a bit on the atendance

If Newcastle, Sunderland and Spurs and even Leeds had been taken over by Sheik Mansour and given the players and the oppourtunity to actually compete for trophies the place would of been packed out.

Don't give a shit what our support was like when we went to the third division. It is shocking at the moment in the most exciting time in our history, half empty cup games at home and can't sell out a single allocation away.

Money and work/family issues aside no one else has any excuses. If we only have 28k hardcore then we are not a big club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.