Todays attendance

the stoke fans we hugely vocal and defo the 12th man for them. 110/111 did OK but the rest of the stadium with a few minor exceptions, might as well have stayed at home. The worst were the Colin Bell Stand. Not sure they wanted to even rustle their crisp bags in case of disturbing the peace!
But most importantly, most of our songs are crap and have no meaning. The Ocean Finance song only works against the Rags or perhaps Liverpool, Portsmouth......... Fcuk off back to London............why the hell was it being sung against Hull and Bolton?
No imagination. Surely our owners can afford to retain Noel to come up with some decent toons

can any one tell me that we can fit another 20k in the ground yesterday, i was there and thought there was about 36k in the ground, and the n heared it was 28k bollox, i put the game on my hard drive at home to watch today and apart from north stand and the sides of the 3rd tiers the wasnt much room.

bluestevei said:
can any one tell me that we can fit another 20k in the ground yesterday, i was there and thought there was about 36k in the ground, and the n heared it was 28k bollox, i put the game on my hard drive at home to watch today and apart from north stand and the sides of the 3rd tiers the wasnt much room.

Crap, it was dead.

I was in block 221, and from where i was sat, over to 222, 223, 224 etc there was hordes of empty seats. The same with the family stand, that was empty, and the most of the 3rd tier.

So you think they made 28k up for a laugh to wind you up?

Get a grip.

I was at the game yeasterday, I live in Manchester, I'm a season ticket holder since 1974 and I've been to all home games this season, I just cannot get enough of City and personally would go twice a week if we played at home that much.

I don't have loads of money but my main aim each year after paying my mortgage and bills is to make sure I have enough money to pay for my season ticket (above even family holidays) and then save enough during each month to pay for any cup games.

I basically live and breath City and normally I would be on here slagging off the fans who didn't go who couldn't be arsed (excludes those who live too far away, are working, are on holiday etc).

I was talking to a young scum fan at work and from his view alot of young fans just aren't 'supporters' anymore who would walk over burning coals to watch their team, he sees himself as a loyal nited fan but still doesn't go to League Cup games and a lot of the earlier Chump League games against lower teams (obviously nited have built up enough 'sightsee'er fans over 20 years to fill up those gaps in the crowd) - he sees me as someone in the extreme.
If you look back to our games up to and including the 5th round in the last 40 years then they average between 25,000 to 52,000 so yes more fans on average than we get now but we must take into account that in the 1970s & 80s what else was on offer for young adults on a Saturday nite:
no live football on TV
just 3 channels on TV
no internet
no games consoles
and many more

In conclusion I think that I and many others on here have to accept that we only have a core fan base of 20,000 who would 'walk over coals' to see their team. and that times have changed and for many watching City is not an ultimate priority.
Obviously as we gain more success (wishful thinking) we will get a lot more of the 'sightsee'er fans (is this a good thing?) and we will see sell out crowds for cup games - well maybe.
I could go on!

Panic over, I knew we could rely on Bolton fans to make us look loyal and supportive, just seen the Reebok on telly! :-)

i was there and thought there was about 36k in the ground, and the n heared it was 28k bollox,

Yesterday's crowd was nothing like 36k, the third tiers were barely a third full, that's about 7-8k empty seats for starters without the 2-3k empty in the away end and the half full North stand.

To be honest, when the announcer said 28k, I thought he must have got it wrong. Looked like there was more people than that in the ground. However, You could really notice the empty seats when watching it on the highlights later.

Just looking at the Bolton crowd. Doesn't look like there's many there either, I think the low attendences are common these days all over the country. Even the rags don't sell out on a regular basis (and they apparently have about 90 billion fans on a waiting list).

mcfc_ms said:
To be honest, when the announcer said 28k, I thought he must have got it wrong. Looked like there was more people than that in the ground. However, You could really notice the empty seats when watching it on the highlights later.

Just looking at the Bolton crowd. Doesn't look like there's many there either, I think the low attendences are common these days all over the country. Even the rags don't sell out on a regular basis (and they apparently have about 90 billion fans on a waiting list).[/quote]

On that note; my rag mate reckons their attendances will drop to apx 50-55k next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.