Todays attendance

projectsky4 said:
dw7 said:
the money city have spent we should be beating teams like stoke

Again though it's all about the money? Shouldn't the trafford lot beat Burnley earlier this season, shouldn't spurs have beaten Wolves (twice), football isn't 'predictable'.

you wouldnt mind the odd slip up here and than cause it happens. but there are too many slip up's at city

DT King of all Geordies said:
City and Newcastle were mentioned in Essex Yid's first post. Is is a coincidence that as Newcastle have been relegated it is City that were promoted into Spurs super duper expensive away ticket premium rip off category. Spurs must see our fans as fans who will pay through the nose to go and see City. Good old fashioned inelastic demand as Mr Longshawe once taught me.

So can someone let Spurs know if they are incorrect as I would hate to have them get their pricing strategy wrong.

You are getting a bit confused about this mate, the fact that Manchester City have taken over as a grade A game from Newcastle United, really has nothing at all to do getting more money from Manchester City fans, it is in fact all about what Tottenham Hotspur as a club can squeeze out of their own fans, as a grade A game costs up to £75 per ticket for home fans, obviously as a consequence it will now affect the prices that Manchester City fans now have to pay at WHL as they have been classed as grade A fixture.

dw7 said:
projectsky4 said:
Again though it's all about the money? Shouldn't the trafford lot beat Burnley earlier this season, shouldn't spurs have beaten Wolves (twice), football isn't 'predictable'.

you wouldnt mind the odd slip up here and than cause it happens. but there are too many slip up's at city

Its not great pal, but you are so fucking negative. Like you said yesterday, I am convinced you have been supporting City for only 18 months. 'Too many slip up's' ffs we are 5th in league (with 2 games in hand), we got to our first semi-final in 20 odd years. We are still in the FA cup. As I said, things need to improve but we are not doing too bad at all.

EssexYid said:
fathellensbellend said:
considering you were on here the other week about you always filll away end in the north why did you return tickets for leeds, and then you didnt sell out your smaller allocation.

early cup games at spurs are included in the season ticket, so take your chas and dave and fuck off.

It was a midweek game against a division 1 club, and there were strict ticket restrictions in place for the Leeds game, season ticket holders only after initial sale dates, and no general sale at all, 3,200 tickets were sold, hope that helps, and certainly better than the 1,000 or so fans that Manchester City took to WHL earlier this season though isn't it pal.

Our home FA Cup game v Leeds United was NOT included in our season ticket, so you got that wrong as well didn't you, and the very fact that you are now getting abusive says everything, you obviously have no further reasoned debate to offer do you.

I actually agree with alot of what you have said mate. Somewhere along the line we have turned from having one of the best home and away followings both in terms of numbers and vocal support to what we have now - which is definitely becoming embarrassing.

The gate last night was bad enough but the actual atmospehere and general apathy shown by alot of the "supporters" who did turn up was even worse. I was sat amongst the seasoncard holders in block 231 and there were alot of people booing at the end. I lost it a bit and suggested that such actions are counter-productive (not my exact words!)

The general consensus amongst the people around me was that booing the team is acceptable given all the money the club has.

Something has changed at City. Booing the team (even in the bad old days) was definitely a minority thing which was criticised by the majority. Now it seems that booing our team is fine, despite the fact we haven't lost at home all season!

Comparisons with Spurs are valid as, despite all the arguments, they are similar to us in terms of past and present aspirations. Ten - twenty years ago I like to think we had the better following in all respects. These days they piss all over us. They would have sold out against Stoke and the numbers they took to Birmingham and Leeds recently make us look small-time in comparison.

The excuses being used by City fans for not going surely exist for other club's supporters? So why do they (Spurs) manage to sell out such games, even with much higher ticket prices?

It hurts me to say these things but the bond between our fans and the players seems to have been broken and we are not as one. Maybe this all comes with our current situation but I do think the club are trying their best to promote cup attendance by reduced prices, particularly for kids. Yet, at a time when we have a fantastic opportunity to finally achieve success, people are turning their backs on the club, and I havent a clue why.

Well I've got that of my chest. Dont suppose I should give a toss really as as long as I'm there (as I will be again on Tuesday) what other people do is up to them I suppose.

dw7 said:
projectsky4 said:

But isn't that part of being a City fan, I want rid of the 'typical city' tag as much as anyone, and I accept we have slipped up an awful lot this season, but it has been better than what we've seen in the recent past. Joint 4th/Semi Final/and 5th round of the fa cup. Would you rather be fighting for relegation year on year and getting knocked out in the 4th round by some shite from Brighton or whatever?

We drew against Stoke in a cup game that they were up for more than we were, apart from the city fanbase near the away fans, we should take a leaf from Stokes book, and make our ground as intimidating as theirs is too go to. Rather than just sit there thinking every game is won before we enter the pitch.

vincent said:
dw7 said:

Its not great pal, but you are so fucking negative. Like you said yesterday, I am convinced you have been supporting City for only 18 months. 'Too many slip up's' ffs we are 5th in league (with 2 games in hand), we got to our first semi-final in 20 odd years. We are still in the FA cup. As I said, things need to improve but we are not doing too bad at all.

compared to te money we have spent we should be doin a lot better

vincent said:
dw7 said:

loosing only 5 games in 32 matches this season says we haven't slipped up much at all imho!

as you said we need to improve but we are far from having such a bad season as some are making out.

leewill31 said:
vincent said:

loosing only 5 games in 32 matches this season says we haven't slipped up much at all imho!

as you said we need to improve but we are far from having such a bad season as some are making out.

slipp up's aint all about losses

fathellensbellend said:
EssexYid said:
It was a midweek game against a division 1 club, and there were strict ticket restrictions in place for the Leeds game, season ticket holders only after initial sale dates, and no general sale at all, 3,200 tickets were sold, hope that helps, and certainly better than the 1,000 or so fans that Manchester City took to WHL earlier this season though isn't it pal.

Our home FA Cup game v Leeds United was NOT included in our season ticket, so you got that wrong as well didn't you, and the very fact that you are now getting abusive says everything, you obviously have no further reasoned debate to offer do you.

just under 1700 at spurs 47 quid 10 days before christmas, midweek, on sky, comparable with some of the followings you have had at maine road for midweek games in the past, at much less cost.

you must have a sad life, anyhow when you can fill your ground for a home semi final come back, good job burnley had a good following, otherwise 25k spurs fans would have looked a bit sad.

Daniel Levy charged us up to £75 for a League Cup tie against Burnley a championship team a week or so after Xmas, our fans voted with their feet it is as simple as that pal, he has not made the same mistake since as our clubs ticket office was inundated with complaints over the pricing of that game, as well as formal protest from THST, who were outraged at the piss taking prices being charged by the club.

EssexYid said:
DT King of all Geordies said:
City and Newcastle were mentioned in Essex Yid's first post. Is is a coincidence that as Newcastle have been relegated it is City that were promoted into Spurs super duper expensive away ticket premium rip off category. Spurs must see our fans as fans who will pay through the nose to go and see City. Good old fashioned inelastic demand as Mr Longshawe once taught me.

So can someone let Spurs know if they are incorrect as I would hate to have them get their pricing strategy wrong.

You are getting a bit confused about this mate, the fact that Manchester City have taken over as a grade A game from Newcastle United, really has nothing at all to do getting more money from Manchester City fans, it is in fact all about what Tottenham Hotspur as a club can squeeze out of their own fans, as a grade A game costs up to £75 per ticket for home fans, obviously as a consequence it will now affect the prices that Manchester City fans now have to pay at WHL as they have been classed as grade A fixture.

Sorry about that EY. I did not realise that your lot are screwing their own fans. I still think that the away fans will have been a factor as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.