Todays attendance

dw7 said:
vincent said:
Its not great pal, but you are so fucking negative. Like you said yesterday, I am convinced you have been supporting City for only 18 months. 'Too many slip up's' ffs we are 5th in league (with 2 games in hand), we got to our first semi-final in 20 odd years. We are still in the FA cup. As I said, things need to improve but we are not doing too bad at all.

compared to te money we have spent we should be doin a lot better
i think we are having a great season considering the turmoil we have had with a change in manager and alot of new players playing there first season at the club....

ConnorMCFC said:
dw7 said:
compared to te money we have spent we should be doin a lot better
i think we are having a great season considering the turmoil we have had with a change in manager and alot of new players playing there first season at the club....

so your happy with the preformances of late and all the droped points to shit teams

dw7 said:
leewill31 said:
loosing only 5 games in 32 matches this season says we haven't slipped up much at all imho!

as you said we need to improve but we are far from having such a bad season as some are making out.

slipp up's aint all about losses

no you are right but some are forgetting we are in whole different situation this season were we are actual contenders for top 4 and we may or may not do it but we have reached a semi final of one cup still in another and 5th in the league only on goal difference.

we have not been in this situation for a hell of a long time as Manchester city fans and need to take deep breaths when it comes to the point of us not doing so well,we dont have any right yet to demand success that will only come in time but i am not saying the team and management are far from deserving criticism they do and i hope they get it right but some on here have been far to critical you just have to look at the demands on some who call other fans for not going to the game!

Anybody who did not go to the stoke game is NOT a real city fan. You are not loyal and you should be ashamed.

having bills to pay , work to go to, family to spend time with or your wedding to attend is a piss poor excuse IMO.

At a time when the sky is falling in over Man City we should all be banging the door down to get in and support our team.

We are a sad excuse for fans!

projectsky4 said:
Got to say todays attendance did nothing to dampen my view on things. I've just come out of some massive debts and can finally afford things, this was my first City match that I'd actually paid for in nearly 5 years.

And you know what Sitting in block 112 row p seat 279, had a certain ring too it when It came to being in the best part of the stadium for atmosphere. When we were stood up all game, and the rest of the stadium wasn't, it felt like only the 1,500 fans of ours that were actually singing should've been the only ones too bother turn up.

Apart from that area the rest of the ground and I hate to say this, seemed like there was no atmosphere. Yes the football at times was dire, but I do dread to think what the atmosphere would've been like if we'd been playing someone like Fulham who bring no fans to any games really. Fairplay to the Stoke fans who actually made the noise today aswell, if it would'nt of been for them it would've sounded a bit like Old Trafford.

Also, it berates me that fans expect us to walk all over teams like Stoke, we all know football isn't like that, and Stoke played well today, and deserved to get the replay atleast.
We used to accuse the top 4 of arrogance and not knowing anything about football, and now some of City's fans are doing much the same. The City fans where I were sat were well up for the game mind you. And I thought we played well in the 1st half but our forward play was poor - not surprising given that we were missing Tevez and Bellamy, and Santa Cruz was returning.

100%manc said:
Anybody who did not go to the stoke game is NOT a real city fan. You are not loyal and you should be ashamed.

having bills to pay , work to go to, family to spend time with or your wedding to attend is a piss poor excuse IMO.

At a time when the sky is falling in over Man City we should all be banging the door down to get in and support our team.

We are a sad excuse for fans!

lol

EssexYid said:
fathellensbellend said:
just under 1700 at spurs 47 quid 10 days before christmas, midweek, on sky, comparable with some of the followings you have had at maine road for midweek games in the past, at much less cost.

you must have a sad life, anyhow when you can fill your ground for a home semi final come back, good job burnley had a good following, otherwise 25k spurs fans would have looked a bit sad.

Daniel Levy charged us up to £75 for a League Cup tie against Burnley a championship team a week or so after Xmas, our fans voted with their feet it is as simple as that pal, he has not made the same mistake since as our clubs ticket office was inundated with complaints over the pricing of that game, as well as formal protest from THST, who were outraged at the piss taking prices being charged by the club.

spurs are based in a city with 10 million people at a guess, and you couldnt sell above 25000 tickets for a semi final, you then have the cheek to take the piss out of city fans who would have spent in excess of 100 quid to go to white hart lane on a tuesday night just before christmas.

wages in london far exceed those of people in manchester, so the prices are relative.

at the end of the day spurs have a superb following, i know that, but for you to come and take the piss out of city's crowds is below the belt, we average 45500 despite not winning a jot for 34 years, and from a recent survey city fans were showed to be the poorest in the league.

mcfc_die_hard said:
mcfcjosh said:
i think our old song of "if your watching on the tele your a c*nt" would have been fitting today
I accept that some people can't go for different reasons and that doesn't bother me but the club were giving free tickets away in certaqin colleges etc plus staff got tickets to give out, i heard we gave 3000 free tickets out but that may not be right, but the fact is it is embarassing and people who say we have good support are deluded, our support is fucking shit

i was screaming this as loud as i could

that started just behind me,i was in row n,block 110

Every cup game we end up with one of these threads.

The fans the op's always talk about are NOT the ones who reply (work, money etc) it's the ones who can't be arsed who he's on about. They always end up with 'I can do what I want', 'Sorry Mr Superfan etc.' Bottom line is we get 42-45K for league matches and 20-22K for cup games not all the missing 20oddK are working skint etc some and you know who you are are just can't be arsed. It was no more a work day than a normal league game. We play maybe half a dozen home cup games a season a lot less that that on a Saturday. How many have missed more cup games through 'working' than League games?

I know football is expensive but so is the beer/food in the ground and when we have a full house the bars look pro-rata much busier than when the ground is half empty which indicates to me that if your skint just come to the game and if you miss out on a couple of pints of gnats piss you'll have paid for most of your ticket.

I know it's a free choice to attend or not but loyalty points are issued for loyalty. being 'loyal' umpteen years ago should not get in the way the younger fans being eligible for the big games.

Just spent a hour wading through mainly a sea of negativity on the board most of which seems to from the 'tv fans' and I'm not happy.

Rant over.

dw7 said:
ConnorMCFC said:

so your happy with the preformances of late and all the droped points to shit teams
nope im disgusted with the performances, and think its the worst style of football i have seen for a long time. How we have gone from looking like scoring 6/7/8 goals a game with brilliant free flowing attacking football to not even looking like scoring is beyond me!

As for dropping points against shit teams, everyone is doing it it one of the most open leagues for years, who would have thought burnley beating the scum, wigan beating chelsea, pompy beating liverpool, look at the season as a whole and where we are not individual games. Were joint 4th with 2 games in hand and have to play spurs, villa and liverpool at our place, we have lost the joint lowest number of games in the league which makes us one of the hardest teams to beat.

Im not one for slagging off managers, the syle of football is poor, but he is getting results. P12, W8, D1, L3. And one of the defeats was the game at OT in the semi.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.