Todays attendance

johnny crossan said:
I left with 10 minutes to go yesterday, first time for ages, just couldn't stand it

I left the Portsmouth game early, something I never do after a nasty experience I once had at a certain Playoff Final. I don't give a toss what our resident Stepfords say, the standard of football is dire, so I chose to keep my money in my pocket yesterday. After watching the game on the box, I reckon I made the right decision.

EssexYid said:
City are bigger than Spurs, LOL based on what you fool, history trophies fan base, historical attendances thought not, try engaging your brain before posting mate it often helps.

Manchester City have like Chelsea extremely rich owners, and you might possibly go on to achieve great things, but you are talking crap by claiming that they are bigger than Spurs historically or currently.

Manchester City have won 9 trophies Tottenham Hotspur have won 17 trophies close there then LOL, Tottenham Hotspur also piss all over Manchester City in historical average attendances and also have a much bigger fan base than Manchester City hence the fact that our owners charge us up to £1675 for a season ticket knowing full well that supply and demand allows them to do so, Spurs currently have 77,000 club members and almost 25,000 fans on their season ticket waiting list, Manchester City got a crowd of just 17,000 last season for a UEFA Cup tie, Spurs on the other hand attracted a crowd of almost 20,000 for an FA Youth Cup tie, the very next day after playing a HOME premiership game v Boro.

If you insist on spouting crap pal, at least try backing it up with facts, and not just hot air

To be honest mate there are a hell of a lot of City fans who overestimate how big we are! many fellow blues think that we're as big as Everton and Villa, but both of them shit on us and even Spurs for success! and both have a greater attendance record than City! (although I didn't know Spurs did! where do you get your stats from on that!?)

Look at this site mate: http://www.aboutaball.co.uk/aboutab.../historical-ranking-of-english-football-clubs
You'll see that Spurs are not all that far above City! you might have won a fair few more cup comps than us but I think we've been in the top league for more seasons than you, and we've both only ever won the important one TWICE each!! (but yes you have a greater cup pedigree than we do!)
[I'd argue that Liverpool and United are in a league of their own; then Arsenal aren't oo far behind sort of as a stand alone 3rd; Everton and Villa are then the next tier as a group of 2; but Spurs Newcastle Sunderland Chelsea and City are all, in my eyes, of pretty much the same standard of clubs!]

And don't forget, City had the countries biggest club ground from when Maine Road was built in 1923 for a reason! we were viewed as a Premier club, a flagship club for the North and especially of Manchester at a similar time when United went 37 years without winning a single trophy! we regularly got crowds above 60,000 many times above 70,000 and a few over 80,000 with us having the largest ever club ground attendance of 84,569! (this is where I'd be interested to see where you get your stats from for attendances!?) (although I do know Spurs had the highest average attendance in the country about 6 times in the first decades following the war!) BUT IN NO WAY DO YOU SHIT ON US LIKE YOU SAID!!

But then something happened that changed the face of football in Manchester! Matt Busby started building a great team at United and they started to see a huge growth in their support, but the biggest point was that talented team were in that tragedy that seemed to touch, not only the people of Manchester, but the whole country! All of a sudden United had fans EVERYWHERE! And ever since United have had the biggest support in England! then with City's baron decades of succes-obscurity we've seen United get a good team under Fergie that luckily co-incided with a hell of a lot of money coming into footy! it's seen United propel into the biggest club in the world, they've literally got fans EVERYWHERE EVERYWHERE! and while City have been in obscurity there have been generations of City fans lost to the dark side!
- How can anyone compete with that!? - ans. they can't!!

And Spurs certainly do not have anything near that to compete with! all the clubs I. London combined aren't as big as United! there are probably as many United fans down south as Spurs! so how do we compete with that up in Manchester where only about 2million people live!!? (there's about 12million people live in London, it's surrounding counties and all around the south in close proximity to London!

So really, for us to get 25,000+ for UEFA, League and FA Cup games isn't such a bad shout! we've got generations of fans to catch us back up, we've won nowt in 34years! you
last won a trophy 2 years ago so that keeps your fans keen and tops attendances up!

Overall mate i think Spurs are an ever so slightly bigger club than City for the mere reason that you've won a few more cup comps than City! but you ask any Liverpool fan what trophy the REALLY want to win!!

dw7 said:
vincent said:
Its not great pal, but you are so fucking negative. Like you said yesterday, I am convinced you have been supporting City for only 18 months. 'Too many slip up's' ffs we are 5th in league (with 2 games in hand), we got to our first semi-final in 20 odd years. We are still in the FA cup. As I said, things need to improve but we are not doing too bad at all.

compared to te money we have spent we should be doin a lot better

The amount of money we've spent does not represent the actual quality we've actually got in our squad! in reality you could slash all them transfer fees in half and then with a £100million squad and us getting to one cup semi, a possible cup quater and a possible 4th-6th place Prem Lg finish; I think that represents a spot on season for us!!

We've also had a different back four for every game in the last 2/3 months, we've had attacking players out and still mount for a good season!

Definition of a Big Club, Dont know how reliable it is <a class="postlink" href="http://www.the-football-club.com/big-clubs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.the-football-club.com/big-clubs.html</a>

danburge82 said:
dw7 said:

The amount of money we've spent does not represent the actual quality we've actually got in our squad! in reality you could slash all them transfer fees in half and then with a £100million squad and us getting to one cup semi, a possible cup quater and a possible 4th-6th place Prem Lg finish; I think that represents a spot on season for us!!

We've also had a different back four for every game in the last 2/3 months, we've had attacking players out and still mount for a good season!

crap!!!!!

we spent the money end of

danburge82 said:
dw7 said:

Almost every game we lose a central defender, and yesterday we missed Johnson, Tevez and Bellamy. Despite a lot of problems we have exceeded most fans expectations - so far

Marvin said:
danburge82 said:

Almost every game we lose a central defender, and yesterday we missed Johnson, Tevez and Bellamy. Despite a lot of problems we have exceeded most fans expectations - so far

they lost etherington and had de lap on the bench im sure they had other injuries aswell

city fans are shit.....its simple,this discussion was brought up many times after our pathetic uefa cup attendancies of last year

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.