Todays Mirror

mcfc_paul said:
Completely valid article. Garcia is terrible in almost all depts apart from heading. Dzekos time is up. No one at that level particularly in our team should struggle to control a ball and his lack off effort is embarrassing particularly when you see the effort of negredo and aguero.

Questions also are rightfully asked of pellegrini. At the mid point of the second half it was almost a farce with just Garcia in midfield. Silva nd navas on the right wing with Milner behind Nasri on the left and Dzeko and negredo up front. Leaving Garcia on and taking Milner off was shambolic when we were desperate for a midfielder to get his foot on the ball and look forward.

Some people are far too sensitive when it comes to city related media.

Questions to be asked of Pellegrini? Idiot...

Nasri went central midfield, the clue was, he kept taking the ball off Clichy in field not on the touch line like normal.
Milner got injured, he came off. Putting Milner at right back was the correct call.
While he didn't have a standard sky 442 or 4231 the system he went to was quite easy to spot. A back 4, Nasri & Garcia Central, silver central in front of them with Navas and Negredo playing wide of Dzeko.

In case you didn't notice, we won. We looked like scoring each time we attacked after we scored.

Now I agree with you, Garcia is not the answer, I'd much prefer to see Rodwell in there, but Garcia is currently the only defensive midfielder we have.

We made changes, we made changes to keep players fresh for Swansea away. If Fernandinho had continued, he would have been in no shape to play Wednesday, and may have picked up an injury.

All in all why not delightful, it was a win, Dzeko scored a vital goal, yes he was lethargic, so was Clichy, as was Silva, we had an off day two days after beating Liverpool, we won and went top of the league.

So cheer up..

schfc6 said:
mcfc_paul said:
Completely valid article. Garcia is terrible in almost all depts apart from heading. Dzekos time is up. No one at that level particularly in our team should struggle to control a ball and his lack off effort is embarrassing particularly when you see the effort of negredo and aguero.

Questions also are rightfully asked of pellegrini. At the mid point of the second half it was almost a farce with just Garcia in midfield. Silva nd navas on the right wing with Milner behind Nasri on the left and Dzeko and negredo up front. Leaving Garcia on and taking Milner off was shambolic when we were desperate for a midfielder to get his foot on the ball and look forward.

Some people are far too sensitive when it comes to city related media.

Questions to be asked of Pellegrini? Idiot...

Nasri went central midfield, the clue was, he kept taking the ball off Clichy in field not on the touch line like normal.
Milner got injured, he came off. Putting Milner at right back was the correct call.
While he didn't have a standard sky 442 or 4231 the system he went to was quite easy to spot. A back 4, Nasri & Garcia Central, silver central in front of them with Navas and Negredo playing wide of Dzeko.

In case you didn't notice, we won. We looked like scoring each time we attacked after we scored.

Now I agree with you, Garcia is not the answer, I'd much prefer to see Rodwell in there, but Garcia is currently the only defensive midfielder we have.

We made changes, we made changes to keep players fresh for Swansea away. If Fernandinho had continued, he would have been in no shape to play Wednesday, and may have picked up an injury.

All in all why not delightful, it was a win, Dzeko scored a vital goal, yes he was lethargic, so was Clichy, as was Silva, we had an off day two days after beating Liverpool, we won and went top of the league.

So cheer up..

If anyone went to the game expecting to win 4/5/6 Nil they are deluded, 2 matches in 44 hours was never going to be anything else, we put a lot in to Liverpool game so expected lots of changes , when you make lots of changes you lose that togetherness and cohesion. I went home as happy as I did after every other game, because..... we won, we got 3 points and got that game out of way, we will not have to play 2 games in that time period again, so winning is all that matters.
Put decent team out NYD then rest all for Blackburn game, so full weeks rest for main team for cup semi, with maybe one or 2 exceptions.

Brendan110_0 said:
Cobwebcat said:
Disagree that our reserve team is a huge drop (see Bayern away) but he does highlight the problem on an individual basis. Boyata and Garcia.

Didn't Boyata play well? Some cracking balls into the box from what I remember, never caught out of position in defense.
Boyata did nothing wrong that I could see, he's a centre back filling in at right back, were some people expecting surging overlaps??

I'll start worrying when we get totally outplayed by Norwich and only manage to win by a shocking bit of good fortune.

Brendan110_0 said:
Gingers Dad said:
It's a typically snide article from the Mirror but there are some valid points in there.

There's no valid points at all, another day we get 20 shots ON target, worst team that we've played, 1 - 0 down and they still never came out of their half. Respect to them for getting every effort on target though.
We had the same number as them 4 on target not 20 http://mcfc.co.uk/matchday?ref=f695086 Only area we dominated was possession in terms of clear chances they were equal

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Brendan110_0 said:
Gingers Dad said:
It's a typically snide article from the Mirror but there are some valid points in there.

There's no valid points at all, another day we get 20 shots ON target, worst team that we've played, 1 - 0 down and they still never came out of their half. Respect to them for getting every effort on target though.
We had the same number as them 4 on target not 20 http://mcfc.co.uk/matchday?ref=f695086 Only area we dominated was possession in terms of clear chances they were equal

Read the post again, I said on another day we'd have hit the target 20 times. Anyhow, we dominated, we won, Dzeko scored a cracker, good day all round.

2sheikhs said:
I'll start worrying when we get totally outplayed by Norwich and only manage to win by a shocking bit of good fortune.

I can only agree with this..

I'm in complete disbelief that merson is the only one who is actually saying things as they are. Maybe the drugs and booze are making him forget his contractual obligations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.