Today's Morrissey Evening News.......

Mad Eyed Screamer

<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/tv_and_showbiz/s/1487652_morrissey-stokes-falklands-row-with-we-hate-william-and-kate-t-shirt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... te-t-shirt</a>

Morrissey has waded back into a row over the Falklands by repeating his claims the islands belong to Argentina and having his band dress up in T-shirts on stage saying: "We hate William and Kate".

He first made remarks about the islands during a concert in the Argentine city of Cordoba last week and repeated them at a concert in the capital Buenos Aires on Tuesday. Morrissey, 52, told an audience of more than 10,000 fans: “We all know that the Malvinas are Argentina’s.” Asking them not to blame the British people, he added: "It's the government that decides, they never listen to the people." Five members of his band then posed on stage wearing T-shirts showing William and Kate on their wedding day with the words: "We hate William and Kate."

The former Smiths singer, who is hugely popular in South America as a solo artist, did not wear the T-shirt himself.

Prince William is currently serving in the Falklands as a pilot and tensions have been raised between Britain and Argentina ahead of the 30th anniversary of the 1982 conflict.

I love the Smiths I love Stephen Patrick Morrissey some of his songs have brought me to tears on a few occassions
However the older he and I get the little bit more he annoys me
Sadly he hasnt done anything truly good since 'You are the quarrey' and this seems the only way he can keep in the news these days
He probabaly should have made his Manchester come back show his Grande Finale

trying to be clever telling them what he thinks they want to hear, but "protecting" the people of Britain so he can still walk the streets when he gets back.

Sheesh the lengths some will go to in a vain attempt to resurrect a career.

Traitor !!

Sing your shite songs and fuck off.

We could not give 2 shits what you think about politics and current events.
People go to your shows to hear music not some self involved wanker who believes his own shit smells of roses.
His music is shit, he is a miserable bastard and seeing a cat trip up today has brought more joy and glee to my life than he as an entertainer ever will.

You are an irrelevant dinosaur who needs to go into politics if thats what you want to waffle about nowadays. That or stfu and sing your god awful songs.

pxzFn.gif

When's Morrissey going to get bumped off? pretty soon I hope. One boring, self-obsessed c@nt.

It's also lost on him that the people who inhabit the Falklands want nothing to do with Argentina.

I'm amazed at the uneducated jingoistic ranting on this thread and I advise a bit of reading and a bit of reflection on the subject before unfounded opinions are embarrassingly posted.
The Falklands (as we call them) are 6000 miles away from the UK - they are not the Isle of Wight and have no history of British use until colonised by British military intervention (ergo stolen from the original inhabitants).
The Argentinian's have a valid claim on the islands and the only reason we keep them is to lay claim to mineral and fishing rights on the other side of the planet.
It's the British stealing from poorer nations by the use of guns and bombs as we have done for centuries - it's an appalling history that has brought no benefit to the working classes and especially not to the cannon fodder who join our armed forces with a misplaced passion to become 'heroes'.
Even at the height of the British empire we had young children working down mines and the old dying in poverty - the only benefit was, as ever, to the rich and the only benefit from our keeping the Falklands will be to the rich.
The last little campaign cost the British tax payer millions, cost both British and Argentinian families the lives of many fathers and sons and who benefited? Well Margaret Thatcher and her millionaire mates did and we . . well we just paid for it and / or died and / or lost loved ones.
And dickheads who didn't lose family or friends in the last fauklands fiasco come on here giving large from the safety of their bedrooms, not knowing the facts and never having knowingly suffered from it . . it's very sad indeed.

I'm no fan of Morrissey's but he's right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.