Today's Morrissey Evening News.......

hisroyalblueness said:
I'm amazed at the uneducated jingoistic ranting on this thread and I advise a bit of reading and a bit of reflection on the subject before unfounded opinions are embarrassingly posted.
The Falklands (as we call them) are 6000 miles away from the UK - they are not the Isle of Wight and have no history of British use until colonised by British military intervention (ergo stolen from the original inhabitants).
The Argentinian's have a valid claim on the islands and the only reason we keep them is to lay claim to mineral and fishing rights on the other side of the planet.
It's the British stealing from poorer nations by the use of guns and bombs as we have done for centuries - it's an appalling history that has brought no benefit to the working classes and especially not to the cannon fodder who join our armed forces with a misplaced passion to become 'heroes'.
Even at the height of the British empire we had young children working down mines and the old dying in poverty - the only benefit was, as ever, to the rich and the only benefit from our keeping the Falklands will be to the rich.
The last little campaign cost the British tax payer millions, cost both British and Argentinian families the lives of many fathers and sons and who benefited? Well Margaret Thatcher and her millionaire mates did and we . . well we just paid for it and / or died and / or lost loved ones.
And dickheads who didn't lose family or friends in the last fauklands fiasco come on here giving large from the safety of their bedrooms, not knowing the facts and never having knowingly suffered from it . . it's very sad indeed.

I'm no fan of Morrissey's but he's right.

First you know very little about the islands history and pretending you do makes it funnier.

Secondly the islands have had Spanish. French and Brits there. Please tell me who it was we "invaded" to gain control.

The french started a settlement unbeknown to us who also started a settlement. The islands were uninhabbited before that you thick person.

The Argentinians have a valid claim why ? because you feel it should be that way ? sorry kiddo the world does not work that way.

The Argies only kicked up a fuss after we found it had great oil reserves.

hisroyalblueness said:
I'm amazed at the uneducated jingoistic ranting on this thread and I advise a bit of reading and a bit of reflection on the subject before unfounded opinions are embarrassingly posted.
The Falklands (as we call them) are 6000 miles away from the UK - they are not the Isle of Wight and have no history of British use until colonised by British military intervention (ergo stolen from the original inhabitants).
The Argentinian's have a valid claim on the islands and the only reason we keep them is to lay claim to mineral and fishing rights on the other side of the planet.
It's the British stealing from poorer nations by the use of guns and bombs as we have done for centuries - it's an appalling history that has brought no benefit to the working classes and especially not to the cannon fodder who join our armed forces with a misplaced passion to become 'heroes'.
Even at the height of the British empire we had young children working down mines and the old dying in poverty - the only benefit was, as ever, to the rich and the only benefit from our keeping the Falklands will be to the rich.
The last little campaign cost the British tax payer millions, cost both British and Argentinian families the lives of many fathers and sons and who benefited? Well Margaret Thatcher and her millionaire mates did and we . . well we just paid for it and / or died and / or lost loved ones.
And dickheads who didn't lose family or friends in the last fauklands fiasco come on here giving large from the safety of their bedrooms, not knowing the facts and never having knowingly suffered from it . . it's very sad indeed.

As I was reading this, for some unknown reason I couldn't get the sound of the music from the Hovis adverts out of my head...

hisroyalblueness said:

So the people who live on the island who wish to remain British have no say so?The fact is they do not want to live under Argentinian leadership.

If you lost someone in the war I'm very sorry, and you're right, that was done for entirely the wrong reasons. But so is Morrissay's little speech. It's little more than an attention seeking rant designed to pander to a certain crowd, which does nothing more than dilute genuine debate about a serious issue.

Those t-shirts reminded me of a similar, Class War one I used to wear when I was about 15, with Charles and Diana on it.

Kind of grown up a bit since then.

Those blokes wearing them on stage just looked embarassed as I think most middle aged men pretending to be rebellious students would.

I loved The Smiths and quite a lot of Morrissey's solo stuff and there was a time when he seemed like an inherently good person with interesting and relevant things to say. Now though, he has barely written a decent song in nearly 10 years and he often comes across as horrendously petty and bitter. To say he has lost his way would be an understatement.

I have so many Morrissey stories .... not one of them paint him in a particularly good light.

The Argies only kicked up a fuss after we found it had great oil reserves.[/quote]

Whaling 1st then the Antarctic agreement I was lead to believe ,the countries involved got billions to preserve the area .Pinochet (chile)was as important in beating the argies as the british troops . Like the middle east ,south american politics isnt as straightforward as we are led to believe . I want nothing but peace in the region , oil, food, and all the other bare necessities are at a tipping point , another war/conflict and it will get out of hand ,over here . Sick to death of all the political diversionary tactics ,its making a mockery of us all now.

Oh! and shut it Morrissey , you boring old fister .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.