Today's referee

Caveman said:
People saying he's bent are letting him of the hook. He was fucking shit yesterday!

But a hell of a lot of the decisions that he was getting wrong he was giving on the back of the linesman on the East Stand side who was flagging for them. It was the linesman who flagged for Rodwell's perfectly good but hard tackle on Ramires and for Rodwell's booking when he didn't even touch Ivanovic.

Why do linesman get away with getting the stick? I haven't got a programme to have but he needs naming and given shit more than Marriner. That linesman was a disgrace!

Correct. The Lino flagged for a lot of them.

I agree that Marriner's performance was poor yesterday and he missed a couple of little incidents that should have gone City's way but City players were still leaving their foot in here and there (which isn't a bad thing sometimes). Also, when you have soft bastards like Hazard flinging himself to the floor at every opportunity then that doesn't help the foul count either.

The penalty, upon viewing of the replay, was a sceptical one. I can totally understand why he gave it and there isn't much fierce protest from any of the City players from it either.

As for corruption, still a big nope from me. Regardless of whether it may have got rescinded or not, he'd have sent Hart off if he really wanted Chelsea to win or City to lose.

Also, (in response to some people's arguments) why wouldn't they want City to win, since the gap is 12pts and, in your words, "Not good for viewing figures" if the title race isn't a close one"?

sjk2008 said:
Caveman said:
People saying he's bent are letting him of the hook. He was fucking shit yesterday!

But a hell of a lot of the decisions that he was getting wrong he was giving on the back of the linesman on the East Stand side who was flagging for them. It was the linesman who flagged for Rodwell's perfectly good but hard tackle on Ramires and for Rodwell's booking when he didn't even touch Ivanovic.

Why do linesman get away with getting the stick? I haven't got a programme to have but he needs naming and given shit more than Marriner. That linesman was a disgrace!

Correct. The Lino flagged for a lot of them.

I agree that Marriner's performance was poor yesterday and he missed a couple of little incidents that should have gone City's way but City players were still leaving their foot in here and there (which isn't a bad thing sometimes). Also, when you have soft bastards like Hazard flinging himself to the floor at every opportunity then that doesn't help the foul count either.

The penalty, upon viewing of the replay, was a sceptical one. I can totally understand why he gave it and there isn't much fierce protest from any of the City players from it either.

As for corruption, still a big nope from me. Regardless of whether it may have got rescinded or not, he'd have sent Hart off if he really wanted Chelsea to win or City to lose.

Also, (in response to some people's arguments) why wouldn't they want City to win, since the gap is 12pts and, in your words, "Not good for viewing figures" if the title race isn't a close one"?
Good point. That is indeed what they were saying last year.

sjk2008 said:

Perhaps even Marriner thought that would be a bridge too far. He couldn't wait to point to the spot but if he'd red carded Hart he'd have been subject to serious media scrutiny and Hart would 100% have had the red card rescinded. (Ba running away from goal, not in control of the ball and the ball heading out of play. There is not a chance that could have been considered a goal scoring opportunity).

As it was, MOTD2 didn't show a single incident of the any wrongly awarded free kicks to Chelsea (some of which should have been given the other way), free kicks not beng awarded to City (like when Aguero was flattened) and the ridiculous yellow cards given to Zabaleta and Rodwell. Therefore no post match talking points and Marriner gets away with it.

Walton was the most bent ref I've ever seen but (as far as I recall) never gave a penalty against City. Instead he gave soft free kicks just outside the area to the opposition (usually Everton or Liverpool) and even softer free kicks against City when they were going forward, thereby breaking down their attacks. As I and others have already state on this thread, Marriner's performance was the worst since Walton and Mason reffed a City game. No ref at this level is that incompetent. That was a bent performance.

I'm sick to fucking death of fans blaming referees. It's time for the PFA to take responsibility for the cheating cûnts they represent. They dive, cheat, roll around feigning injury, and bully referees all game. Yaya didn't cover himself in glory yesterday, alongside quite a few Chelsea players. They have absolutely no shame.

Therefore, it's time for the PFA to step in. However we all know it won't happen as everyone with a voice is either an ex-player or has a vested interest in not upsetting the players - hence everyone blaming the refs. Fans have swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

laserblue said:
sjk2008 said:

Perhaps even Marriner thought that would be a bridge too far. He couldn't wait to point to the spot but if he'd red carded Hart he'd have been subject to serious media scrutiny and Hart would 100% have had the red card rescinded. (Ba running away from goal, not in control of the ball and the ball heading out of play. There is not a chance that could have been considered a goal scoring opportunity).

As it was, MOTD2 didn't show a single incident of the any wrongly awarded free kicks to Chelsea (some of which should have been given the other way), free kicks not beng awarded to City (like when Aguero was flattened) and the ridiculous yellow cards given to Zabaleta and Rodwell. Therefore no post match talking points and Marriner gets away with it.

Walton was the most bent ref I've ever seen but (as far as I recall) never gave a penalty against City. Instead he gave soft free kicks just outside the area to the opposition (usually Everton or Liverpool) and even softer free kicks against City when they were going forward, thereby breaking down their attacks. As I and others have already state on this thread, Marriner's performance was the worst since Walton and Mason reffed a City game. No ref at this level is that incompetent. That was a bent performance.
In your opinion, you can't say that factually.

It was the worst performance at the Etihad since Stuart Attwell against Wolves last season 18 fouls we committed to their 6 according to phantom goal man. Much as I earlier said Chelsea attempts at late Oscar nominations didn't help Attwells foul count has been surpassed 19-5 according to Citys match day centre that says it all.

Pigeonho said:
laserblue said:
sjk2008 said:

In your opinion, you can't say that factually.

True. The same as you can't say for a fact it wasn't. However, I was there and I know what I saw.

i really dont understand referee's these days, it seems like every foul is a yellow card. it certainly shouldnt be. It is becoming a no contact sport, but they allow wrestling in the box week after week. They are the areas they should address and start booking people for that

mekonmcfc said:
i really dont understand referee's these days, it seems like every foul is a yellow card. it certainly shouldnt be. It is becoming a no contact sport, but they allow wrestling in the box week after week. They are the areas they should address and start booking people for that
For years they've gone on about all that in the box on shows like MOTD yet when we got the penalty against Everton for Fellani pulling on Dzekos arm they came out with "happens all the time"

mekonmcfc said:

Nope Utd need to foul 10 times before a yellow. We seem to get a yellow per 2/3 fouls

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.