Today's referee

moomba said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
moomba said:
Marriner won't. I've got no problem with the red card though.

Imagine if he didn't send him off and Bradford somehow got back into the game.

Marriner will if you pay any attention to the Laws of the Game.

Marriner didn't apply the laws of the game correctly to both teams yesterday. If he gets a good assessors report we may as well give up.

apart from the Rodwell clean tackle and the 2nd Zaba on Hazard and maybe 1 or 2 either way's I thought he called it pretty much right, certainly no differently to nearly every other ref who tells Yaya and Silva to get up every game, and a lot of the time for good reason.

Anyway it's Mike Dean for Villa so we can all be content.

FWIW I wondered yesterday if Marriner went into the game with a pre conceived idea that certain players of ours are persistent foulers and that affected his decision making. The benefit of the doubt went against us nearly every time.

Then I wondered how refs get these pre conceived ideas (I'm sure they all have them). Do they form them themselves, or do they get scouting reports just like the players do.

Maybe the refs body had just done one about us, if you look at Mattys stats it would be easy to assume that we are a cynical, dirty team. So he has that in his mind at the start of the game and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

I don't buy that it was a bad day at the office, if it was you would have seen bad decisions go both ways.

cleavers said:
I didn't have a problem with the yellow cards (Kolo and Zab were certainly deserved, and I got the impression that Rodwell was for backchat not the foul, but he had fouled 2 or 3 times previously), or most of the free kicks given against us.

However, there is something plainly wrong when a team has the ball as much as we do, and it takes 43 minutes to get our first free kick, and when only get 4 in 90 minutes. I can't see how that is just incompetence. Identical fouls were committed by both teams, they got every one in their favour, we got none.

Interesting that Mariner looks quite pissed off on "Tunnel Cam" when he comes down the tunnel at the end of the game, a bit like his team had just lost.
Lol.
Maybe he was disappointed with his performance.

squirtyflower said:
cleavers said:
Pigeonho said:
Maybe he was disappointed with his performance.
I'd hope he was, it was abysmal.
can't agree with you there mate

if it was an abysmal performance, why wasn't equally abysmal for both teams?
I probably should have qualified that with "against us", see post higher up, I thought it was very dodgy, and you should have heard what I shouted at him at the final whistle.

cleavers said:
squirtyflower said:
cleavers said:
I'd hope he was, it was abysmal.
can't agree with you there mate

if it was an abysmal performance, why wasn't equally abysmal for both teams?
I probably should have qualified that with "against us", see post higher up, I thought it was very dodgy, and you should have heard what I shouted at him at the final whistle.
somehow i don't think you were alone

i'm slightly hoarse today and it wasn't through cheering on the blues!

squirtyflower said:
i'm slightly hoarse
07_02_2013---_1669225a.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.