Today's shooting in America thread

She's not dead and is 'recovering', although I'm not sure how you recover from being shot by a 6 year old.

The gun was mummy's 9mm, I'd like to know if she left it lying around cocked and loaded although she can only be charged with a misdemeanour even then. At least the teacher can sue her and take her house from her.

I think parents in scenarios like this need serious criminal penalties and not ones that will atmost mean a heavy fine at most. But as you said the civil courts will take this parents to the cleaners.

I only saw this story today. 6 years old? Christ almighty. And, apparently, there's next to zero chance that anything can be done re this incident. I professor at a law University said it's virtually impossible to imagine a 6 year old being found competent to stand trial. Until that country takes drastic action re the gun laws, it'll remain fucked up. And no government is prepared to stare down the all powerful gun lobby.

I would definitely not prefer to see six year olds stand trial for things like this that could have been avoided with even the minimal parental/guardian duties.

Do you possess a gun?
Obviously I have many, however I don’t have a personal sidearm, don’t feel like I need one. I have lived in this country for longer than I did in England and have never felt even the remotest threat to my personal safety.
Any night out in any town in England would always have more threat of physical violence than anything even close here. You have to realize too, why would you fuck with someone who’d just shoot you anyways ?

Obviously I have many, however I don’t have a personal sidearm, don’t feel like I need one. I have lived in this country for longer than I did in England and have never felt even the remotest threat to my personal safety.
Any night out in any town in England would always have more threat of physical violence than anything even close here. You have to realize too, why would you fuck with someone who’d just shoot you anyways ?
The flip side to that is I've been in Yanksville for 11 years and I do too feel safe here - yet I dont have a gun!
That's not a criticism of you or anyone else that does. Maybe everyone assumes I have one too and leaves me alone!
And yes.... during my visits back home, walking through Piccadilly at night waiting for the last bus home to Moston I feel very vunerable......

The funny thing is I had my first experience of road rage today!
I was leaving a supermarket car park (parking lot for my Yankee friends) and rather than go all the way to the end of the parking lane, and back up another one, I cut across lanes and ended up going the ''wrong way'' up the lane. No big deal.... a car came towards me so I pulled over to the right..... and he pulls over to his left and stops in front of me. He shouts ''you are going the wrong way!''
I hold my hands up and admit that and suggest he simply goes around me (plenty of room) but he yells at me, telling me to turn around and go the right way.
I wind my window down and signal him to go round me and he yells more that I should turn around and go back..... now cars behind him are overtaking him and passing me by with ease.... I call to him to follow suit..... he starts blowing his horn and insisting I turn back. I am laughing at him shouting ''call the police I've broken the law'' and he is going mad!
At that point a car to my right moved out of the parking bay and a bloke next to the now empty space comes and suggests I simply turn into that empty space and follow through to the next lane, which I did....
I thanked the bloke, he stopped me and said I need to be careful.... these road ragers carry guns.... That struck me hard. In my amusement I hadn't considered that at all.......
All that shit over driving down a supermarket car park lane the wrong way lol

Last edited:
The flip side to that is I've been in Yanksville for 11 years and I do too feel safe here - yet I dont have a gun!
That's not a criticism of you or anyone else that does. Maybe everyone assumes I have one too and leaves me alone!
And yes.... during my visits back home, walking through Piccadilly at night waiting for the last bus home to Moston I feel very vunerable......

I was leaving a supermarket car park (parking lot for my Yankee friends) and rather than go all the way to the end of the parking lane, and back up another one, I cut across lanes and ended up going the ''wrong way'' up the lane. No big deal.... a car came towards me so I pulled over to the right..... and he pulls over to his left and stops in front of me. He shouts ''you are going the wrong way!''
I hold my hands up and admit that and suggest he simply goes around me (plenty of room) but he yells at me, telling me to turn around and go the right way.
I wind my window down and signal him to go round me and he yells more that I should turn around and go back..... now cars behind him are overtaking him and passing me by with ease.... I call to him to follow suit..... he starts blowing his horn and insisting I turn back. I am laughing at him shouting ''call the police I've broken the law'' and he is going mad!
At that point a car to my right moved out of the parking bay and a bloke next to the now empty space comes and suggests I simply turn into that empty space and follow through to the next lane, which I did....
I thanked the bloke, he stopped me and said I need to be careful.... these road ragers carry guns.... That struck me hard. In my amusement I hadn't considered that at all.......
You Morrissey types are trouble

You should’ve said “Do you know who I am? I was on Eggheads ffs”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.