Today's shooting in America thread

The 2nd Ammendment was around in 1968 when the Gun Control Act banned the sale of all guns without a sporting use, and in 1994 when Clinton banned the sale of semi-automatic assault weapons.

The real issue is the Federalist society and their gang of bullshit, hypocritical wankers trying to impose the laws of the 1700's on everyone else. That started in the mid 1980's, before that the idea that we should try to base modern life off imagining what a bunch of rich white male slave owners from the 18th century would think of modern issues would get you laughed out of the building.
I'm not defending the mindset Domalino. But whether we like it or not, however it was achieved, the idea that the gun is a backstop to liberty, and that this is written into the constitution, is a stubborn argument in the US. The mere fact that this mindset has survived federal govt attempts at gun control only illustrates my point. I only referred to this ideology to make the point that I think it's unlikely that the US gun industry can carve out a market in the UK, because we don't have the same constitutional background, but we still have reason to worry because of our proximity to war zones.

You are a special kind of crazy, aren’t you?!

Sounds like you posted just after you got back from tripping home!
Ha Ha. No, I'm back from the pub tonight, and, thank God, I survived the walk there and back without being shot! I wasn't too sure about it, but you never know how lucky you can be on a night out, so I took the risk!

I had a convivial chat with my friends, and managed the walk home without tripping up on a loose paving stone or whatever else I couldn't see in my slightly dazed state.

I haven't touched drugs for 30 years or so, I had 4 pints, and I'm going to bed soon without the reassurance 3 Glocks in my house will provide because I don't need them.

I'm the crazy one?

I'm not anti American in any way, far from it as we have a lot to thank the US for, but two things I will never understand is your gun laws and lack of universal health care.

Ha Ha. No, I'm back from the pub tonight, and, thank God, I survived the walk there and back without being shot! I wasn't too sure about it, but you never know how lucky you can be on a night out, so I took the risk!

I had a convivial chat with my friends, and managed the walk home without tripping up on a loose paving stone or whatever else I couldn't see in my slightly dazed state.

I haven't touched drugs for 30 years or so, I had 4 pints, and I'm going to bed soon without the reassurance 3 Glocks in my house will provide because I don't need them.

I'm the crazy one?

I'm not anti American in any way, far from it as we have a lot to thank the US for, but two things I will never understand is your gun laws and lack of universal health care.
What a bizarre post

I'm the crazy one?

I completely agree with the sentiments!

And, funnily enough, I don’t worry about getting shot walking to and from the local establishments in my neck if the woods, either, and not because I’m packing, nor do I NEED to.

I know people THINK it’s the Wild Wild West, but it’s a huge country with teeny tiny hotspots that flare up every now and then , literally like pin holes on a map.

As for UHC, t’s scandalous that one’s basic human right to life is left to the devices of capitalism and the healthcare oligopoly!

Glad you made it home safely!

Fwiw, while we are discussing the details of your vices, I have never touched drugs, and have never smoked, but I was drunk once…a night out in the summer of 1983, the White Mountains of New England, 10 Budweisers.

I know, I know…but growing up seeing alcoholism firsthand and feeling as bad as I did the next day (although that could have been the 3 bowls of chili I ate with the beers, and regurgitated, not the beers themselves?!) was enough for me. It’s not something I miss, nor do I admire it when I see it.

I completely agree with the sentiments!

And, funnily enough, I don’t worry about getting shot walking to and from the local establishments in my neck if the woods, either, and not because I’m packing, nor do I NEED to.

I know people THINK it’s the Wild Wild West, but it’s a huge country with teeny tiny hotspots that flare up every now and then , literally like pin holes on a map.

As for UHC, t’s scandalous that one’s basic human right to life is left to the devices of capitalism and the healthcare oligopoly!

Glad you made it home safely!

Fwiw, while we are discussing the details of your vices, I have never touched drugs, and have never smoked, but I was drunk once…a night out in the summer of 1983, the White Mountains of New England, 10 Budweisers.

I know, I know…but growing up seeing alcoholism firsthand and feeling as bad as I did the next day (although that could have been the 3 bowls of chili I ate with the beers, and regurgitated, not the beers themselves?!) was enough for me. It’s not something I miss, nor do I admire it when I see it.
Some of the best shags of my life occured when I was stoned and drunk.

That was many years ago, when the Bee Gees were top of the charts,

I'm older and wiser now, but I can't deny my history on the booze and dope front.

I've never, ever, woken up without remembering what hasppened the night before, so I guess I wasn't that out of it.

Take care, and stay safe.

I'm older and wiser now, but I can't deny my history on the booze and dope front.

I've never, ever, woken up without remembering what hasppened the night before, so I guess I wasn't that out of it.

Oh well you remembered everything so wasn't such a Tragedy

Were you in Massachusetts?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.