Tom Ritchie ("City 'til I Cry" fanzine) RIP - Funeral today 14th October

This is devastating news. Tom was a legendary City fan. His knowledge of the club and the time he devoted were unbelievable. He was a top fella too. He will be missed dreadfully. Taken at such a young age. RIP Tom x

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211006-082700_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20211006-082700_Facebook.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 148
I knew that Tom had been in hospital recently, and at one point, was giving regular updates on his progress whilst focusing on being positive.

He'd also been commenting on my cricket umpiring posts, and I wondered why he'd suddenly stopped.

As for football, I always regarded Tom as City Royalty, and without checking, I seem to recall him being interviewed in LIFE AMONGST THE DEAD MEN, and making jokey comments about his City obsession making him ill.

Tom was there in the bad times, and I think his fanzine once provided a free straw for everyone to clutch in our annual fight against relegation.

Never get out of the boat Tom!

Incredibly sad news, myself and my dad are in shock.

Very fond memories of Tom, my dad was a regular contributor to CTIC! and we spent many a time outside Maine Road with him and selling the fanzine.

Used to look forward to the new issue as a kid as would laugh myself silly at some of the stuff in there and some of my earliest memories as a city fan came from him and his fanzine (particularly an article about Steve McManamans love for the Pointer Sisters)

As always, things like this put things into perspective and he was one of the long suffering blues who lived through it all. At least he got to see us win a few trophies for his troubles!!

RIP Tom,

Thoughts are with his family,

Just heard the news from Noel (BTH fanzine) which I used to write for in the 80s and knew Tom from the fanzines back then. Terrible news to hear, Tom was always a genuinely nice person whenever I caught up with him. Always had time to stop and chat and its another legend from the terraces we've lost. Last time I saw him sadly was at another Blue's funeral last October. Condolences to his family and friends and Tom will be greatly missed by us all. RIP Tom it was a pleasure knowing you.

Devastated. Knew Tom very well and have the full collection of CTIC, excellent fanzine. Big Blue right through the bad times. Didn't know he was ill. Thoughts with his family. If anyone knows the funeral details could they PM me please. RIP Tom.

I knew that Tom had been in hospital recently, and at one point, was giving regular updates on his progress whilst focusing on being positive.

He'd also been commenting on my cricket umpiring posts, and I wondered why he'd suddenly stopped.

As for football, I always regarded Tom as City Royalty, and without checking, I seem to recall him being interviewed in LIFE AMONGST THE DEAD MEN, and making jokey comments about his City obsession making him ill.

Tom was there in the bad times, and I think his fanzine once provided a free straw for everyone to clutch in our annual fight against relegation.

Never get out of the boat Tom!
Glad you ended your post with that phrase. It always featured in ctic and a fitting epitaph.
As for the straws, brilliant humour I'd forgotten about them. Thanks for reminding me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.