Tommy Doyle | On loan at Wolves

His grandparents (Mick Doyle & Glynn Pardoe) are always going to come up in conversations and stories about him but I've never seen any indication that it affects him negatively in any way. Isn't he related to Alan Oakes in some way too (by marriage I think).

I don't mean Tommy Doyle is married to Alan Oakes BTW.
Oakes and Pardoe were cousins. That makes Doyle......er something, but definitely related.

Great interview! Tommy is a very articulate and mature young man. Congrats to the team on making the final. Bring on Liverpool!

Great interview! Tommy is a very articulate and mature young man. Congrats to the team on making the final. Bring on Liverpool!

I thought I watched 'em win last night, but this morning there is no report on the game in the DT, nay, there is neither sentence, phrase, word nor syllable that MCFC U18s have made it to the FA Youth Cup Final. Had that been the Ragamuffins then the Arse first team, unbeaten at home for ten games (!), would have had to make do with second billing.

Oh, hang on a mo, I've just heard this very moment Radio 2 giving us a mention, but there again, did I not hear some over-emphasis that we were playing LIVERPOOL in the final?

Has he started looking at £2 million mansions yet, even though he hasn't played for the first team, or started wearing £25k watches, or been shopping at Poundland, or got his Bentley ordered even though can't drive, etc?
Which German club is going to bid millions for him because he's not getting picked for the first team?
Is he tormented because his grandad was the bluest of blues yet deep in his heart he wants to wear the famous red shirt of the bestest ever team ever?
Haven't checked the papers yet.

Glad to see that the final is at home...will definitely go to that game whenever it is played.

Come the final, there’ll be more fuss made about Bobby Duncan being ex City and Slippy G’s cousin than about Tommy’s roots.

Come the final, there’ll be more fuss made about Bobby Duncan being ex City and Slippy G’s cousin than about Tommy’s roots.
Not a bad thing,hopefully it would let our boy get on with his football and make a name for himself independently,rather than have the constant reminder/pressure of his ancestry.Saying that,he looks very assured and confident,i don't think it will bother him either way - he's a star in the making.

Fantastic tonight apart from that tired lack of awareness. The kid can really whip a corner in. Also theres no glitz and glamour about him.
If Glyn is still anything like he was when coaching the 1986 youth tean, he will have kept his feet firmly grounded... Probably has him cleaning the pro's boots and sweeping the changing rooms each day after training ha ha ha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.