Tommy Doyle | On loan at Wolves

I’ve only seen him briefly a few times, and his quality is obvious - I need to see a lot more to conclude he’s got the potential to be an elite midfield player, but I can definitely see potential for a top class fullback there, minimum. It might even be a more immediate pathway to the first team for him, one which Gerrard initially took, as did Trent Alexander-Arnold recently.

Is there anywhere to get hold of footage of him and our other talent?
Good point about Gerrard. First time i noticed him he was playing in europe for liverpool at right back-next time i saw him he was at Maine rd playing against us at left back...

Good point about Gerrard. First time i noticed him he was playing in europe for liverpool at right back-next time i saw him he was at Maine rd playing against us at left back...
Lakey was centre forward for the youth team in 86 and 87 (winners and semi finalists) yet never played there in the 1st team indeed he kept going backwards in positions!

Lakey was centre forward for the youth team in 86 and 87 (winners and semi finalists) yet never played there in the 1st team indeed he kept going backwards in positions!
Yeah i know he was a atriker in his youthbteam days.
He did however play up front in place of an injured Imre Varadi or Stewart(cant remember which) at Goodinson Park in the LC quarter finals under Machin.lost 2nil.most of our takented youngsters looked over powered and a little out classed by a powerful hard running Everton side.

great story in with him being made of blue stock and has blue blood in his veins, and lets all hope he can over come the pressure of being linked all the time to both sides of family that played for city and lets hope he can earn his place and let his own talent show out, but looks a good player in his own right and his time will come

great story in with him being made of blue stock and has blue blood in his veins, and lets all hope he can over come the pressure of being linked all the time to both sides of family that played for city and lets hope he can earn his place and let his own talent show out, but looks a good player in his own right and his time will come
His grandparents (Mick Doyle & Glynn Pardoe) are always going to come up in conversations and stories about him but I've never seen any indication that it affects him negatively in any way. Isn't he related to Alan Oakes in some way too (by marriage I think).

I don't mean Tommy Doyle is married to Alan Oakes BTW.

His grandparents (Mick Doyle & Glynn Pardoe) are always going to come up in conversations and stories about him but I've never seen any indication that it affects him negatively in any way. Isn't he related to Alan Oakes in some way too (by marriage I think).

I don't mean Tommy Doyle is married to Alan Oakes BTW.

i don't know about the link to alan oakes ???

the pressure will come if he makes the grade and play in the first team and just like nicky summerbee the voices in the back ground saying he's nothing like his father ??? i hope the lad can make it all the way and for manchester city and if lad keeps all the good work in the youth teams then we will have a great player on our hands

i don't know about the link to alan oakes ???

the pressure will come if he makes the grade and play in the first team and just like nicky summerbee the voices in the back ground saying he's nothing like his father ??? i hope the lad can make it all the way and for manchester city and if lad keeps all the good work in the youth teams then we will have a great player on our hands
Pardoe and Oakes are cousins.

Pardoe and Oakes are cousins.

I won 2 tickets for a cup game against Stoke(away) at the junior blues in 80 something knowing that fact, well technically I didn't know but when the question was asked an old guy that was there told me the answer (he already had tickets) it's a fact that has been embedded into my mind ever since

Edit just checked the history section and it was 1981 LC second leg, christ that makes me feel old.

Last edited:
Fantastic tonight apart from that tired lack of awareness. The kid can really whip a corner in. Also theres no glitz and glamour about him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.