Tommy Doyle | Signs for Wolves | will be confirmed Jul 1st

I think we should be glad that he is getting starts and affecting games. The positional argument does not hold too much water for me. Grealish played a very different role for Villa than he does for City but the club was willing to pay an English record transfer fee for him in the expectation that he can adopt.

Being the main set piece taker for a Championship side is great experience and he will be a better player if he manages to keep his starting position for the rest of the season. I am dubious that Tommy will ever make the leap to the City first team but I am sure he will have a good career in the game and I would be delighted if he proved me wrong.

If nothing else, his performances in a better league than Bundesliga 2 and his impact when given a rare chance over there makes his treatment by that dickhead of a coach at Hamburg even more baffling

Only if you have a 6 year old's view of football.

Different formations, different role, different styles of football, different language. Pep absolutely loves german football because it's so fast in transition and sent him to work with a former colleague who plays the game the way Pep thinks it should be played. Failing there and Steve Morrison playing him doesn't make the Hamburg manager a dickhead, and it doesn't mean Doyle is any closer to the City side.

Last edited:
Wow this might be one of the worst posts I’ve ever seen on this forum.

Ignore him proper spud probs never watched a youth games involving Tommy the fact he's mentally strong and tries to lead by example goes a long way, the effort the quality of his passes along with delivery from set pieces and positional sense meant he was already ready for the championship football 2 years ago, we held him back foolishly in my view but Hamburg took the piss his class is clear to see, whether he quite makes the grade here is a different matter but I hope he can, cos you know he'll give his all but I reckon he'll at least be a premiership quality player who starts bar bad injuries, same guy probs thought SWP was a league 1 standard player but thought Willo Flood was the next Liam Brady... It's very poor judgment his comment in my view but he can always save it for 3-5-8 years and tell us how wrong we all were.

Hoped to see a bit of Tommy against Coventry tonight but he has been dropped to the bench.

Hoped to see a bit of Tommy against Coventry tonight but he has been dropped to the bench.
He was almost involved in the late 2-0 goal, made a massive run to get open for a tap in but the guy finished it off without him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.