Tommy Doyle | Signs for Wolves | will be confirmed Jul 1st

As far as I am aware Sheffield United are still under a transfer embargo because of failing to pay other clubs for players. If they go up this will probably be resolved but they have a lot of work to do to sort out contracts for existing players and so may not have the £££ to buy Tommy or, if they really want him, would probably have to accept the terms City demand in terms of buyback or sell-on clauses.

I think if Tommy were convinced that he would get chances at City next year then he would probably be happy to be part of the squad but I guess that depends upon what happens with Silva, Gundo and any new signings.

He has done really well this season and could be a useful squad player for us but still not sure whether he could realistically challenge for a starting place at City.

Of the current PL clubs he would be ideal for someone like Brentford. They are set-piece focused, quite compact, then hit on the break direct and high tempo. Would show off his best assets and mask his weaknesses.

So much to learn about his position, no rush for players that play there to break through early.

Of the current PL clubs he would be ideal for someone like Brentford. They are set-piece focused, quite compact, then hit on the break direct and high tempo. Would show off his best assets and mask his weaknesses.

So much to learn about his position, no rush for players that play there to break through early.

What do you think are his weaknesses?

What do you think are his weaknesses?
Physical mainly and doesn't have the experience to make up for it yet in such a key position at the top level. If he gets caught out I don't think he has the ability to recover, like peak Fernandinho was quick and agile, Rodri strong and lanky.

Physical mainly and doesn't have the experience to make up for it yet in such a key position at the top level. If he gets caught out I don't think he has the ability to recover, like peak Fernandinho was quick and agile, Rodri strong and lanky.

Fair comment,i think similar.

He puts himself about plenty,full of industry and enthusiasm,but he does occasionally find himself poorly positioned or misses the challenge.....and as you say,he usually doesn't have the mobility or speed to recover.

Do we bring back Tommy as number two to Rodri? Would he have enough games to develop? Is he good enough and mentally able enough to replace Rodri in time? I was lucky to see both of his grandads plays and it would be fantastic to see Tommy as a City number 6 for the next decade.

Do we bring back Tommy as number two to Rodri? Would he have enough games to develop? Is he good enough and mentally able enough to replace Rodri in time? I was lucky to see both of his grandads plays and it would be fantastic to see Tommy as a City number 6 for the next decade.
For both Tommy and James, I bet Sheffield United would GLADLY take them on loan again to help thme stay in the premier league.

That is simply invaluable experience in catapulting them to a higher standard and they'd play every week unlike here, I think it's worth letting them go on loan again.

If Gundogan stays another year, KdB can still play at the top next year, and with likely other top profile replacements coming in anyway, it's best to maybe wait a year to introduce those two.

My only problem with your post is calling Rodders, lanky !!
Thats the fucking last thing he is. ;)
Other than that I agree with you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.