Tommy Doyle | Signs for Wolves | will be confirmed Jul 1st

No I don't think he would be, otherwise he would have got offers from them clubs unless you think we orchestrated a move for him to go and play for Hamburg to deliberately stall his career?

He needs to earn his place in the team, can't just be gifted a spot because hes on loan from City.
Sorry, but the club had already agreed a favourable deal with Huddersfield for him to go there on loan this season. His agent instead took him to Hamburg, apparently without the knowledge of either City or Huddersfield. Huddersfield are sitting just outside the play offs.

Claudio Gomes has started Barnsley’s last 6 league matches, so had Doyle gone to Huddersfield, as the club had anticipated, then he’d likely have played more than he has. Sat on the bench for England U21 as well.
Yep and anyone who watches the youths and EDS knows Doyle is several levels above Gomes in terms of ability

By all accounts his agent was behind the Hamburg move, City had planned for him to play in the Championship, as already mentioned Huddersfield and Preston were very keen among many others

Sorry, but the club had already agreed a favourable deal with Huddersfield for him to go there on loan this season. His agent instead took him to Hamburg, apparently without the knowledge of either City or Huddersfield. Huddersfield are sitting just outside the play offs.
So City were strong armed into signing the paperwork by his agent to move him to Hamburg, what a load of nonsense.

Irrelevant of what Gomes has been doing, Tommy clearly has to do more to get in the Hamburg team. Doesn't matter how much ability he has if he isn't going to do what is required to get the game time.

So City were strong armed into signing the paperwork by his agent to move him to Hamburg, what a load of nonsense.

Irrelevant of what Gomes has been doing, Tommy clearly has to do more to get in the Hamburg team. Doesn't matter how much ability he has if he isn't going to do what is required to get the game time.
We don’t know what the reason is. Maybe he isnt showing enough. Or maybe the coach could just be a bit of a dick. Or feeling the pressure of underperforming in a shit league. Or a personality clash.
Whatever the reason, he isn’t getting the opportunity to show what he can do. And that is a waste. So there is no chance City will agree to extend the loan imo unless he starts getting some serious time on the pitch

As for it being ‘nonsense’ about Doyle’s agent taking him off to Hamburg without City’s knowledge and then refusing to let him sign on loan for anyone else, I suppose it depends on whether or not Huddersfield’s chairman is a liar. Don’t see any reason why he would need to make up a story

Last edited:

I don’t think we were forced into anything, nor do we force anyone to do anything. Rather like the case of Patrick Roberts, we simply advise and hope that the player listens.

Very few English loan players have fared that well ‘abroad’, and moving to Hamburg would have entailed learning in a new environment and all that entails. The Hamburg coaching staff have admitted that this is the case and that they are prepared to give him time. I rather admire Doyle’s bravery in choosing Hamburg, but whether it was the best move in terms of learning his football craft remains to be seen.

As for it being ‘nonsense’ about Doyle’s agent taking him off to Hamburg without City’s knowledge and then refusing to let him sign on loan for anyone else, I suppose it depends on whether or not Huddersfield’s chairman is a liar. Don’t see any reason why he would need to make up a story

I would say so. I certainly wouldn't be giving Doyle stick over his choice of loan move.

His agent would not possibly have taken him to Hamburg without the clubs knowledge. Maybe he worked out the deal behind city’s back but no way he went there without the club agreeing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.