Tommy Doyle | Signs for Wolves | will be confirmed Jul 1st

The Germans seem really keen on young English talent at the moment which I’d guess played a part in him going. Why would city not put a clause in the contract that pulls the player if it’s not working? He’s losing value by sitting on the bench.

Barnsley, Blackpool, and Swansea are all apparently interested in taking Doyle in the window, though he’s still keen to make a go of it at Hamburg. Other teams on the continent are also interested.

Think Blackpool would be a good fit as they’re well placed but in need of a bit more creativity in the middle of the park. Critchley also has a secure contract and a background of developing younger players. City are concerned about Doyle’s lack of playing time.

It’s very strange this loan. Whenever he has played he’s played really well and been like a fan favourite but then it’s so weird why he’s playing so little. Obviously they are just doing really well in midfield and it’s difficult for him to get in but it’s confusing because it’s not been a bad loan at all but he’s still just getting little gametime.

Do we have any info on what the coaching is like etc? Game time only accounts for 180mins a week at best. What's he actually learning/improving in his game in the meantime?

I know the coach was Germany U21 coach for a decade or so, winning couple of European championships, so much have something about his development & coaching you would think.

Do we have any info on what the coaching is like etc? Game time only accounts for 180mins a week at best. What's he actually learning/improving in his game in the meantime?

I know the coach was Germany U21 coach for a decade or so, winning couple of European championships, so much have something about his development & coaching you would think.
I think you're maybe talking about Horst Hrubesch, but he only managed Hamburg for the final three games of last season. Tim Walter is the current coach and he was Bayern U17 coach when Guardiola was in Munich, so you can see similarities in terms of playing out from the back (and missing loads of chances..). However, Doyle simply needs game time and that's currently proving hard to obtain.

I think you're maybe talking about Horst Hrubesch, but he only managed Hamburg for the final three games of last season. Tim Walter is the current coach and he was Bayern U17 coach when Guardiola was in Munich, so you can see similarities in terms of playing out from the back (and missing loads of chances..). However, Doyle simply needs game time and that's currently proving hard to obtain.
ah ok, Ta.

So at least still being coached in the same style/development, as long as he's learning and not rotting. The team itself seems in a good run of form right now, not lost since august. (too many draws though)

ah ok, Ta.

So at least still being coached in the same style/development, as long as he's learning and not rotting. The team itself seems in a good run of form right now, not lost since august. (too many draws though)
Hamburg is a huge club in a great city, yet while that might be impressive and novel for a player coming from a small provincial club, it's arguably not what Doyle needed or indeed now needs. The pressure of playing in a big city for a big team is inconsequential having been at City: he simply needs time out on the pitch.

The Germans seem really keen on young English talent at the moment which I’d guess played a part in him going. Why would city not put a clause in the contract that pulls the player if it’s not working? He’s losing value by sitting on the bench.
they go for young english talent because in 2 years time they can sell them back to the prem clubs who pay way over the odds

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.