Tommy Hutchison book

For what it's worth, @Mr Magic, I can confidently assure you that, whatever else any of the rest of us might think of your club, MES is the only poster on here who'd say anything even vaguely resembling the above. :)
And proudly so......
15 years of living in the ghost town..... the scars still run deep.....
Went to the game midweek 1978 (aged 15) when we lost 4-2 with Wallace and Ferguson running riot in the 2nd half.
The shit I received at school the next day from pupils and even the teachers just made me dig the heels in deeper and stand proud as a Blue.
@s1ty m was at the same school..... them were horrible days....
Belligerent ghouls ran Coventry schools....

Last edited:
And proudly so......
15 years of living in the ghost town..... the scars still run deep.....
Went to the game midweek 1978 (aged 15) when we lost 4-2 with Wallace and Ferguson running riot in the 2nd half.
The shit I received at school the next day from pupils and even the teachers just made me dig the heels in deeper and stand proud as a Blue.
@s1ty m was at the same school..... them were horrible days....
Belligerent ghouls ran Coventry schools....
Do you remember the good old days before the ghost town?

It reads like the guy who has put that together is relying on a report from the Daily Mirror about Hill having the score flashed on the screen (no disputing that, it’s true) and then hear say from Sunderland supporters over the years. I was there, I know what went on. Do you really think that an official from a club can go to the referee and say ‘We want the KO delayed by 15 minutes’. I think the referee would want to know the reason why and also want evidence. As I say, the police and the referee decided to delay the start. Hill would have had no influence over that. secondly, if Hill had not flashed the Goodison score up on the board, it would have made no difference, the players had already downed tools (wrongly in my opinion). The report states that the last 15 minutes of the game were a sham, but also says that Bristol got their equaliser 12 minutes from the end. It correctly states that Bristol went on to dominate the next few minutes, the period of non competition was only for the last 5 minutes. As far as I am aware, Coventry appealed against the findings of the FA, were exonerated as having no case to answer. Certainly no punishment was applied.
I am sorry about your experiences at the hands of Coventry fans. There are a fair share of idiots and anti-social knob heads who attach themselves to our club. Unfortunately every club has them. My son‘s and myself suffered verbal abuse and threats a few years ago away at Port Vale. I was threatened by a Spurs fan when watching Coventry at White Hart Lane. It’s a shame that football crowds can’t keep the edge that makes match day at the football special, without the need for violence.
All is not lost however as most people who go to games are decent. The fact that I can come on to your forum and be treated with respect by everyone, including yourself, even though we disagree, says a lot.
Have you considered that Jimmy Hill may have had a word with the police about requesting to the ref that the game is held back?
It's not like the West Midlands Police ever won any awards for being outstanding in holding up the laws of the land.....

After all these years and from someone who was at both final games in ‘81, I’ve only just noticed there is no “n” in his surname. doh……
Often spelt wrongly, just like the scorer of that superb volley in the replay Steve Mackenzie (not Mckenzie).
Going back to Tommy Hutch , very good player to watch, but was he seriously only 33 when he was at City? (looked more like 53 to me!)

One of the finest crosses of a ball I have ever seen, he was a wonderful signing for this club, such a shame he came in the twilight of his career.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.