Toni Duggan joins Barcelona

Her best attribute is she can shoot from distance pretty well. Not much pace (not slow either), not the best dribbler. She would be better as a striker.

Cheers for that. Strange choice to sign her then as wing play and their general attack is based on how the men's teams play at Barcelona. Goals from distance was not something the Femeni were profiting from so in that sense might help. Overall though, they were a very entertaining team last season to watch

Simply seems as if City weren't interest in renewing her contract, possibly no other UK club could afford her. Steph (twice) and Karen renewed / improved deals in that time and Toni never did.

Seems from around about a year ago she wasn't needed. New strikers were coming in to replace her and the lack of contract activity didn't show she was needed. Probably become an issue in the dressing room too, manager maybe couldn't manage it.

Barcelona is a nice place to live, but the quality of football is low in Spain for women, semi pro league, find it odd she has moved out there being as I don't think she really adjusted moving to Manchester from Liverpool.

Notice that her profile has been remove straight off the women's page, yet the new striker has yet to have a profile?

Last edited:
I think she just wanted/ needed more sun and the 'prestige' of saying she played for Barca.

It won't satisfy her competitive nature knowing how hard she's worked to get to where she is just to see the level drop. I'm surprised she didn't take a chance in going to the States where she could've really tested her mettle.

Intriguing decision making on her behalf.

Unfortunately for her I think with Lloyd coming in and a couple academy players emerging she was always going to be the one to suffer.

But best of luck to her anyway, she's always given her all.

Simply seems as if City weren't interest in renewing her contract, possibly no other UK club could afford her. Steph (twice) and Karen renewed / improved deals in that time and Toni never did.

Seems from around about a year ago she wasn't needed. New strikers were coming in to replace her and the lack of contract activity didn't show she was needed. Probably become an issue in the dressing room too, manager maybe couldn't manage it.

Barcelona is a nice place to live, but the quality of football is low in Spain for women, semi pro league, find it odd she has moved out there being as I don't think she really adjusted moving to Manchester from Liverpool.

Notice that her profile has been remove straight off the women's page, yet the new striker has yet to have a profile?

You heard anything who we are replacing her with?

I am hoping City go all out for an absolute superstar who can drag us to the CL final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.