Tonight / Operation One End / Away fans relocation {merged}

I was on the edge of 113 (the edge closer to the east stand) and thankfully because I was on the edge and the bloke behind me wanted to stand too I was able to stand up. But it was disappointing seeing so many people who just wanted to sit and watch the game in there.

The reason though, is that the area was selling very poorly at the end of last week. There were absolutely loads of empty seats and it would have been embarrassing for the club to not fill them having moved Wigan to the upper tier. So I think the club panicked a bit and filled it with kids which to be fair is better than nothing.

The normal South Stand (117 etc) seemed to offer very little noise. 111 were better but the attitude of some of them was pretty poor. I can understand that they were disappointed with everyone sitting down but maybe if some of them had relocated the 'one end' might have worked. Instead a lot of them were shouting 'fuck off new boys' and stupid comments about free shirts at the people in there. Away fans are important in generating atmosphere and the lads in 111 clearly missed them. I joined in all the singing (apart from U-N-I... because it's shit and the people who sing it clearly enjoy singing their name far too much) but aside from one or two others in 113 it was dead.

Credit to the TBA lads, they kept some noise going in the middle of the stand. It could have worked had enough people who wanted to make noise relocated. Sadly the club was left with the choice of empty seats or filling it with kids and to be honest that isn't much of a choice to make.

davet said:
was in 114 last night, stood for most of the game and had a little bit of a sing song
but in all honesty the only thing that i felt was embarrassment, if this is what the away fans see and hear when visiting the coms no wonder they take the piss out of us 42,000 fans and we have 2 sections holding no more than 300-400 fans who sing,
the reason the one end thing wont work is that if we are honest with ourselves we dont have, never have had and never will have enough fans who want to sing.

I relocated last night n took me Mam n me Sis!

I honestly thought the atmosphere from our usual "vocal areas" (South Stand and East Corner) was -apart from a few- appalling! I usually sit on the half-way in EastStand L1 and normally think our vocal areas are queit and are usually drowned out when the away team brings a full end because there's fewer City singers than away fans when that happens! But lastnight I thought having an away fan perspective of our singers would be interesting, however, I honestly thought our usual vocal areas were more pathetic than I usually think they are when I'm further away!

Well done to about 100 lads at the back of the East Corner who actually did sing a lot, the other 1500 people there are a joke! and I really didn't hear a peep from the South Stand at all (and you started the banner at the start of the game off sideways on!)

Well done to about 4 lads at the back of one of the blocks of relocators (was this you mate- the guy I've quoted?!!) because they stood and sang all game! I joined in with most - apart from the ones where you were making up stuff, but at least it was funny!

Other than that I came away thinking that when visiting fans come to our ground they must think it is a complete library atmosphere, especially when there's 3000 of them singing!

Sorry my fellow City fans but as much I hate to say this, as much as many won't like hearing it, as much as we used to have excellent vocal support; we are shit fans!! (it's not muh different away from home for us neither!!)

[EDIT:- there were also a lot of school kids, a lot of foreigners and a SouthEast Asian football team in these blocks where the away fans usually sit! it wasn't like a load of City fans like the 7000 at Ewood and 9000 to OT! because that is way way more, more than double, than what usually sit/stand in the SS and EC!]

masterwig said:
I was on the edge of 113 (the edge closer to the east stand) and thankfully because I was on the edge and the bloke behind me wanted to stand too I was able to stand up. But it was disappointing seeing so many people who just wanted to sit and watch the game in there.

What row and seat number?

Skashion said:
masterwig said:

What row and seat number?

U 123

There was a line of people in the 123 seats on that edge who stood up.

Skashion said:
masterwig said:
U 123

There was a line of people in the 123 seats on that edge who stood up.

Don't you mean you mean U 321? If so, I was in that line of people. Kind of sad that we can identify each other there were so few of us standing.

Yeah you're right it was 321.

masterwig said:
Skashion said:
Don't you mean you mean U 321? If so, I was in that line of people. Kind of sad that we can identify each other there were so few of us standing.

Yeah you're right it was 321.

I was a bit further down, M 321. Just wondering if you were one of the people standing up who I ended up talking with, but I'm guessing you weren't as you about nine rows behind.

masssive fail for operation one end?

People take the atmosphere far to serious. calling fans appalling and a disgrace because they dont sing for 90 minutes is quite petty. Footballs meant to be fun, get pissed and have a laugh with your mates.

danburge82 said:
Well done to about 4 lads at the back of one of the blocks of relocators (was this you mate- the guy I've quoted?!!) because they stood and sang all game! I joined in with most - apart from the ones where you were making up stuff, but at least it was funny!

We do try to have a laugh! Hey hey hey Danny Granville!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.