Tonight / Operation One End / Away fans relocation {merged}

i was really dissapointed with the atmosphere i belive tickets are tthe main reason look at the hamburg game cheap tickets so people went in large groups and sang. Also the south stand is now shit look at the bolton game last season it was one of the best atmosphere ive seen from the stand , but ive now noticed the type of people have changd there mainly old and dont sing wheras they youst to be young and sing. the only positive I can see is the other stand are joinging in more- not much but sometimes the north stand is better then the south. All I want to do is jump up and down and sing so next season might be better with us propbably being in europe and those uefa cup away day were great

COME ON CITY

Unfortunately until the ground is either redeveloped or a brand new one is built, there is nothing we can do about the current seating/standing situation.

A few things I noticed last night after relocating to block 115 in the away end.(I normally sit in SSU next to the away fans)

TBH, only 110/111 sing.(the same songs) That's probably 500-750 fans.(max) The rest of the Kippax(why it's called that I don't know) just sit and watch the match.

The rest of the stadium and stands are also quiet. Considering we're talking about 30-35,000 fans, that's pretty damned poor.

The most dissapointing stand was SSL.(the fans stood up) For such a large bank/amount of fans that have been together from day one, they were terrible. I noticed a few trying to sing in the bottom right corner, but the rest of SSL weren't bothered.

People may not like what I've wrote or agree, but I was making my honest observations as a temp away fan located in the away end. I know it was Wigan and the atmosphere will be different for the big games coming up, but the overwhelming feeling I got was one of apathy, apart from a few hundred fans in the two corner blocks who kept on singing the same songs.

Tin hat on, runs and hides.

Skashion said:
masterwig said:
Yeah you're right it was 321.

I was a bit further down, M 321. Just wondering if you were one of the people standing up who I ended up talking with, but I'm guessing you weren't as you about nine rows behind.

i was v 321 least we were singing

jrb said:
Unfortunately until the ground is either redeveloped or a brand new one is built, there is nothing we can do about the current seating/standing situation.

A few things I noticed last night after relocating to block 115 in the away end.(I normally sit in SSU next to the away fans)

TBH, only 110/111 sing.(the same songs) That's probably 500-750 fans.(max) The rest of the Kippax(why it's called that I don't know) just sit and watch the match.

The rest of the stadium and stands are also quiet. Considering we're talking about 30-35,000 fans, that's pretty damned poor.

The most dissapointing stand was SSL.(the fans stood up) For such a large bank/amount of fans that have been together from day one, they were terrible. I noticed a few trying to sing in the bottom right corner, but the rest of SSL weren't bothered.

People may no like what I've wrote or agree, but I was making my honest observations as a temp away fan located in the away end. I know it was Wigan and the atmosphere will be different for the big games coming up, but the overwhelming feeling I got was one of apathy, apart from a few hundred fans in the two corner blocks who kept on singing the same songs.

The South Stand have been shite for a few years now, sometimes the noise generated in the north stand is louder than the south stand.

Immaculate Pasta said:
jrb said:

People may no like what I've wrote or agree, but I was making my honest observations as a temp away fan located in the away end. I know it was Wigan and the atmosphere will be different for the big games coming up, but the overwhelming feeling I got was one of apathy, apart from a few hundred fans in the two corner blocks who kept on singing the same songs.

The South Stand have been shite for a few years now, sometimes the noise generated in the north stand is louder than the south stand.

all the grounds shit not just the south stand, a few kids singing invisible man in the 111 corner is hardly atmosphere. It's always gonna be shit with the stadium like it is, it's not built for atmosphere the roofs are to high.

Noticed around the 114 area some old bloke in a reddish cap or hat telling a steward to get some lads to sit down. Thanks fella next time p*ss off up to the heavens, well level 3.

fathellensbellend said:
the club should relocate the family stand to the unpopular 3rd tiers (at the right price) and make the north stand the proper home end.
i am not alone , thank god, this is the answer ,been saying it for a year

ballinio said:
fathellensbellend said:
the club should relocate the family stand to the unpopular 3rd tiers (at the right price) and make the north stand the proper home end.

It has been discussed and it won't work. Fans won't relocate there. They would rather be next to the away fans. If and when City either redevelop COMS or build a new stadium and include a KOP styled stand with a large dedicated singing section(2000 fans?) and actively promote it via special season tickets, a members area, etc, nothing will change until then.

'The away fans cannot be moved' because of various reasons, so the situation as it is now will remain the same until one of the above happens.

That is fact.

jrb said:
ballinio said:

It has been discussed and it won't work. Fans won't relocate there. They would rather be next to the away fans. If and when City either redevelop COMS or build a new stadium and include a KOP styled stand with a large dedicated singing section(2000 fans?) and actively promote it via special season tickets, a members area, etc, nothing will change until then.

'The away fans cannot be moved' because of various reasons, so the situation as it is now will remain the same until one of the above happens.

That is fact.
the reason it didnt work last night was because it was a one-off which meant the tickets were sold to families. The away fans must be moved, we all know it. I`d move them to the 3rd tier, half the 3rd tier for league matches, full 3rd tier for cup games. Make sure theyre all searched,they`ll have a prime view which they will be charged for accordingly. The south stand will then be all city fans and will have time to develop into a loud stand with like minded fans.I think it would work. People beating themselves up because it wasnt like Hamburg last night are crazy.It just needs planning, i remember maine rd being deathly quiet most games.

ballinio said:
jrb said:

That is fact.
the reason it didnt work last night was because it was a one-off which meant the tickets were sold to families. The away fans must be moved, we all know it. I`d move them to the 3rd tier, half the 3rd tier for league matches, full 3rd tier for cup games. Make sure theyre all searched,they`ll have a prime view which they will be charged for accordingly. The south stand will then be all city fans and will have time to develop into a loud stand with like minded fans.I think it would work. People beating themselves up because it wasnt like Hamburg last night are crazy.It just needs planning, i remember maine rd being deathly quiet most games.

I'll repeat it once again for the record. The away fans cannot be moved for various reasons. The away fans will not be moved until either of the two scenarios I have mentioned happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.