Tonight / Operation One End / Away fans relocation {merged}

squirtyflower said:
liamctid said:
I just don't understand why we are so different to basically every other club in the division. I can only really think of Hull and Sunderland who have their main vocal supporters right next to the away fans, every other team has it on the otherside of the ground.
agreed
it seems ludicrous that we 'need' the away support there
is it because we spend most of the time looking at them instead of concentrating on supporting our own team

Its always been that way at City as far as I can remember. Kippax standing the main singers were down the end where the away fans were, North Stand same again, South Stand same again. It was embarrassing last night cos the 'singing section' were trying to get their songs going, South Stand trying to get theirs and a group sat in the middle not really knowing what to do. Should just be left as it is.

was in 114 last night, stood for most of the game and had a little bit of a sing song
but in all honesty the only thing that i felt was embarrassment, if this is what the away fans see and hear when visiting the coms no wonder they take the piss out of us 42,000 fans and we have 2 sections holding no more than 300-400 fans who sing,
the reason the one end thing wont work is that if we are honest with ourselves we dont have, never have had and never will have enough fans who want to sing.

Stood at back of 114 and Op One End didn't quite work. Was better than the usual library type atmos in the North Stand though.

Good effort by those that pushed this. Shouldn't be too downhearted, it the opportunity crops up again it will be worth trying it out to see if it improves.

The problem was that 113/4/5 were all made up of quite a lot of dads and lads, a family stand extension. So the songs didn't really carry.

I just don't think we have the singers I thought were hidden around the ground. I was fully expecting all these members on here claiming they would like to sing but can't because they're in the family section/third tier/north stand etc. to move to the south stand and it would work. Instead, it ended up being the usual suspects in 110 & 111.

At the very most, what we need to take from this is pushing it on Bluemoon and Facebook just isn't enough. We'd need to advertise it on match day with fliers or ask the club to let us do a programme article or something (don't think they'd agree - I'm not convinced at all of their enthusiasm for this after last night). At the very least, we just accept that we have a tiny singing section and just let it be that and only get a decent atmosphere once in a blue moon, like Hamburg or the derby.

Skashion said:
I just don't think we have the singers I thought were hidden around the ground. I was fully expecting all these members on here claiming they would like to sing but can't because they're in the family section/third tier/north stand etc. to move to the south stand and it would work. Instead, it ended up being the usual suspects in 110 & 111.

At the very most, what we need to take from this is pushing it on Bluemoon and Facebook just isn't enough. We'd need to advertise it on match day with fliers or ask the club to let us do a programme article or something (don't think they'd agree - I'm not convinced at all of their enthusiasm for this after last night). At the very least, we just accept that we have a tiny singing section and just let it be that and only get a decent atmosphere once in a blue moon, like Hamburg or the derby.

To be fair i thought the atmosphere was ok considering no away support,a lot of kids and it was a monday night,personally i feel it looks a lot better a full bank of blues behind the goal.

It certainly looked a lot better but there was never going to be a good atmosphere going with people enjoying their first visit to CoMS sat in a place we ultimately wanted to be rocking.

I think this sort of thing would show it's true potential in a game such as United, Villa or Spurs.

the club should relocate the family stand to the unpopular 3rd tiers (at the right price) and make the north stand the proper home end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.