Tonight's game (definitely ON at Noon - see page 8)

Re: Tonight's game

DJRobb said:
Whats going on?? A bit of snow and all hell breaks loose. Does nobody remember the "ballet on ice" against Spuds? Snow never used to stop games that much. Get out the Orange ball, scrape the snow from the lines and off we go! Simples. Now we have heated pitches and SNOODS? If the roads and pavements are slippery, set off earlier and TAKE YOUR TIME. Be careful, but it shouldn't stop us in our tracks, bloody health and safety is ruining this country.

Rant over, bye for now.

Got to be honest. We're all amazed up in Scotland how everyone panics down the road when snow arrives! You're just getting a wee taste of what we've had for days along with the North East England. It's a helluva lot more deeper and colder here. It's been taking me 1 hr 45 mins to walk into work. Normally only takes me 30 mins! If nothing else I'll be either bloody fit by the time the snow clears or I'll be dead!

Well it's just stopped here. Roads are fine despite Fail council never gritting in Heywood.

Can't see why the country comes to such a stand still. Surely there's some lessons to be learnt from countries where it actually snows constantly. I doubt Norway et al grind to a halt at the site of a flake.
2nd day off work now because of snow.

cleavers said:
Just phoned them (4 hour journey), as things stand the game is definitely ON, roads around the ground are fine.

Obviously things may change, but they currently see no reason for the game to be called off.
Thanks Cleavers.

Don't think the match is in danger at all - it's more travel for fans after the game eg Trains to Sheffield / Glossop

PJMCC1UK said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Some folk! Bust ankle and snapped ligaments? 'Ad 'e bin picked 'eed 'ave turned up. Just 'cos it's on telly - feet up, waited on hand and foot, nice and warm. Part timers, can't be doin' with 'em.

I just love winding him up about it.
DSC01889.jpg

ok i might look lonely but it was half an hour b4 kick off had to get sat down with my broken ankle derby day the day after i broke it so you take the piss outta your part time mate lol

PJMCC1UK said:
Well it's just stopped here. Roads are fine despite Fail council never gritting in Heywood.

Can't see why the country comes to such a stand still. Surely there's some lessons to be learnt from countries where it actually snows constantly. I doubt Norway et al grind to a halt at the site of a flake.
2nd day off work now because of snow.

Im a wood lad too and yes the council are useless. Main roads arnt bad so cant see the game being off.

cityboy95 said:
PJMCC1UK said:
I just love winding him up about it.
DSC01889.jpg

ok i might look lonely but it was half an hour b4 kick off had to get sat down with my broken ankle derby day the day after i broke it so you take the piss outta your part time mate lol

You two related?

nmg682.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.