Tonight's Matches

Re: Chelsea v Newcastle

Chelsea and Spurs win, just about rules out Newcastle finishing 4th and will hopefully leave them a little deflated if anything. Whatever the outcome, we still have a bloody tough game on our hands at the weekend. Newcastle have only lost 2 home games all season and conceded only 15, its a horrible place to go needing a win.

I think you're scaring yourselves a little too much over Newcastle. We went there and crushed them 3-0 when we were in the middle of our freefall under AVB when we needed a win. If you win that game you basically win the title. They're nothing special, they've just been good at dispatching the league fodder this season. If you had go to Anfield and win I'd be worried because those pricks will raise their game to spite you.

I wouldn't mind playing them if they had to get a win to keep their CL hopes alive. That would bring them onto us, hopefully leaving nice gaps at the back to hit them on the counter. If the defence can keep Cisse quiet, we should be able to beat them.

Castiel said:
I think you're scaring yourselves a little too much over Newcastle. We went there and crushed them 3-0 when we were in the middle of our freefall under AVB when we needed a win. If you win that game you basically win the title. They're nothing special, they've just been good at dispatching the league fodder this season. If you had go to Anfield and win I'd be worried because those pricks will raise their game to spite you.

Quite agree, Newcastle have been good this season, but not as good as soem people think

jimharri said:
I wouldn't mind playing them if they had to get a win to keep their CL hopes alive. That would bring them onto us, hopefully leaving nice gaps at the back to hit them on the counter. If the defence can keep Cisse quiet, we should be able to beat them.

Keep Ben Arfu (or whatever you call him) quiet and we will win easily, though he is a class player from what I have seen this season.

law74 said:
jimharri said:

Keep Ben Arfu (or whatever you call him) quiet and we will win easily, though he is a class player from what I have seen this season.
Good point. Forgot about Ben Arfa (I think that's how his name is spelt!).

Castiel said:

basically. Aside from United, they've beaten everyone they're supposed to have beaten, they've drawn/lost to Arsenal, drawn/lost to Spurs...it will be tough but it's a very winnable game. For City you really can't have any more incentive to win this game.

Not one for injury so a few red cards will do for me tomorrow

An early red card for Newcastle,so playing almost 90 minutes with 10 men should do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.