Tonight's Matches

Re: Chelsea v Newcastle

Castiel said:
I think you're scaring yourselves a little too much over Newcastle. We went there and crushed them 3-0 when we were in the middle of our freefall under AVB when we needed a win. If you win that game you basically win the title. They're nothing special, they've just been good at dispatching the league fodder this season. If you had go to Anfield and win I'd be worried because those pricks will raise their game to spite you.

You have a point, Bolton overplayed them 2 weeks ago at SJP for 60 minutes and should be 2-3 up before that great Ben Arfa's goal, Swansea battered them and somehow lost the game, Wigan destroyed them..

Good team, can give a game to anyone but definitely beatable..

Not really bothered about this result it doesn't change anything we've still gotta go there and beat them. A few red cards 1 to coloccini (however ya spell it) but a back 4 of Simpson,Coloccini,Williamson,Santon will have a job keeping us out. The 1 thing that plays on my mind is it being Newcastles final home game of the season there Defo gunna wanna finish on a high.

Krul

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Santon

Guthrie Tiote Cabaye

Ben Arfa Cisse Ba

Not a bad forward line but gotta look at the defence and say nobody stands out other than Coloccini who I thinks a decent player.

Hart

Zaba Kompany Lescott Clichy

Barry Yaya

Silva Nasri

Tevez Aguero

City's best team other than maybe Micah for Zaba but Zaba deserves his place. Get at them from the off and don't stop for 90 mins score an score again I can see us scoring 2/3 goals it's a matter of keeping our heads at the back on not conceding.

So this is it blues 36 games gone 2 more to go and u go down in history if u win them both 1 final charge is needed let's be having if Sunday please :)

I think handling the pressure is what separates the men from the boys, and I'd expect us to be better at that than Newcastle. If they get a win tonight, it'll give them something to play for, and something to lose and that could just put the doubt in their mind that we need to take advantage. Plus as somebody has mentioned, if they need three points they have to attack us and that will make for a more open game.

So on that basis, this could work either way.

we as supports may want this, but the footballers themselves must expect no favors

a very minor accident after the game leaving the entire first team squad out for 5 days with collective stubbed toes

city v newcastle reserves 6-0 should do it

all this because i wouldn't put it past the red bastards to beat swansea by 7

Not to fused about the result but i would like for Newcastle to get a few injuries and suspensions.

Castiel said:
I think you're scaring yourselves a little too much over Newcastle. We went there and crushed them 3-0 when we were in the middle of our freefall under AVB when we needed a win. If you win that game you basically win the title. They're nothing special, they've just been good at dispatching the league fodder this season. If you had go to Anfield and win I'd be worried because those pricks will raise their game to spite you.

I think you're underselling them. At certain points this season they've had the second best defensive record in the league. Krul has kept more clean sheets than anyone apart from Joe Hart and could still win the golden gloves and they've conceded less at home that the Rags, Spurs and yourselves.
Newcastle away will not be easy.

as long as both of them still finish above the spuds any result will do

I just want Newcastle to run themselves into the fucking ground for 90+ minutes. We'll be a lot fresher than them with a full squad to chose from.

Wouldn't mind Cisse and Ba picking up a slight knock though

stony said:
I think you're underselling them. At certain points this season they've had the second best defensive record in the league. Krul has kept more clean sheets than anyone apart from Joe Hart and could still win the golden gloves and they've conceded less at home that the Rags, Spurs and yourselves.
Newcastle away will not be easy.
Their position in the table proves that they're not to be underestimated and they should be congratulated for what they've achieved so far, especially considering they're JUST back from relegation. But they've been built up into more than they are through fear of falling at the last hurdle/hope from United and their media in my opinion.

Considering my team plays them in a few hours I really shouldn't be here tempting fate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.