Tonight's stay aways should hang their heads....{merged}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tonight's stay aways should hang their heads....

kiam06 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
You really think that thread on here from some naive tubthumper will influence anyone's decisions about anything?

Not only are you arrogant and immature, you are deluded too.

The 38 pages of replies would indicate a few people are thinking about the point I made.

No , 36 pages means that most people think you are talking shite.

I can just imagine people all over Manchester before the next round thinking "I'd better get a ticket, I don't want Kiam calling me a joke again" PMSL

The point you seem to be missing is that you or noboby else for that matter can determine whether somone is a joke or not for not attending a football match.
I seriously doubt that as a Club we have a large % of Glory hunting plastics (and if we do then they aren't very good at it)

Season Ticket holders from out of the area may well choose not to shell out on transport etc for a Carling Cup match against Fulham reserves, so what theres nothing shameful in that.

Likewise people with Season tickets on the Zebra scheme might find an extra £15 on top of the regular payments hard to find.

Citycard holders might choose to attend a premier league match rather than Fulham reserves.

You seem to suffer from "whose got the bigger cock syndrome" but nobody needs to justify the attendance or non attendance to a game or not.

If you can afford to go and circumstances allow then great if not it doesn't make you any less of a supporter of our great club and to suggest otherwise is bollocks.

Greiver said:
emilymcfc said:
This thread is embarrassing to read as a City fan, hearing people squabble and trying to justify why they went to the game and why they didn't. Nobody should have to justify themselves or be subject to ridicule or hatred if their answer is met with distain.

I agree, in principle, to the issue that Kiam was trying to highlight. But so many people have a variety of various other commitments that stand in the way of attending (mainly) night matches and people who have these issues shouldn't be questioned whatsoever. Whether it be children and a school night, cashflow problems, other arrangements that you can't get out of...they are unquestionable. But for people who say they just couldn't be arsed...if you had the cash and just couldn't be arsed then shame on you. Where's the definition of loyalty in that? And where's the definition of loyalty in saying you will attend the Cup Final but won't bother going to any of the games in the lead-up to that? You should want to and be happy to go and support your football team at all times, whether it be the Premier League, the Carling Cup, the F.A. Cup and so on. Will you be saying 'ah I can't be arsed' when the rags come to Eastlands in April? I highly doubt it...

I think the club should implement some kind of system, based on loyalty points, for the Cup games, to try and encourage supporters to attend (and no, not the recent direct debit scheme, something where you get the first couple of rounds free for season tickets and perhaps an elevated price as we progress).

I'm not bothered if anybody shoots me down for writing my opinion. I have no job and am struggling on jobseekers allowance after graduating from university during the recession (and I job hunt every single day). It was a struggle to pay for my season ticket this year and I went last night because almost every single penny of my jobseekers goes towards following City (I'm lucky that I still live at home with hardly any bills in that respect). I was bored senseless with the football on show last night but...it's City and I went. There was a time when I went to every game home and away, and in Europe, but money now permits that. I have to watch the majority of away games on Sky Sports or Iraq Goals (lol) until my personal situation gets better. So whether you went to Schalke, or Lincoln away, or Wembley in 1999, don't use those games as a weapon in this vacuous thread, you don't need to justify your support. Just show it whenever you possibly can.

Mark Hughes is showing respect to the Cup by fielding his full-strength side, shouldn't we show the same respect and try to show our full-strength support when it permits us too?

Great post! Now only if Kiam could have written something this well constructed, then surely there would not be as many angry people as there curently are!

Stick or Carrot? If people are upset they need to look at themselves not me.

Didsbury Dave said:
emilymcfc said:
This thread is embarrassing to read as a City fan, hearing people squabble and trying to justify why they went to the game and why they didn't. Nobody should have to justify themselves or be subject to ridicule or hatred if their answer is met with distain.

I agree, in principle, to the issue that Kiam was trying to highlight. But so many people have a variety of various other commitments that stand in the way of attending (mainly) night matches and people who have these issues shouldn't be questioned whatsoever. Whether it be children and a school night, cashflow problems, other arrangements that you can't get out of...they are unquestionable. But for people who say they just couldn't be arsed...if you had the cash and just couldn't be arsed then shame on you. Where's the definition of loyalty in that? And where's the definition of loyalty in saying you will attend the Cup Final but won't bother going to any of the games in the lead-up to that? You should want to and be happy to go and support your football team at all times, whether it be the Premier League, the Carling Cup, the F.A. Cup and so on. Will you be saying 'ah I can't be arsed' when the rags come to Eastlands in April? I highly doubt it...

I think the club should implement some kind of system, based on loyalty points, for the Cup games, to try and encourage supporters to attend (and no, not the recent direct debit scheme, something where you get the first couple of rounds free for season tickets and perhaps an elevated price as we progress).

I'm not bothered if anybody shoots me down for writing my opinion. I have no job and am struggling on jobseekers allowance after graduating from university during the recession (and I job hunt every single day). It was a struggle to pay for my season ticket this year and I went last night because almost every single penny of my jobseekers goes towards following City (I'm lucky that I still live at home with hardly any bills in that respect). I was bored senseless with the football on show last night but...it's City and I went. There was a time when I went to every game home and away, and in Europe, but money now permits that. I have to watch the majority of away games on Sky Sports or Iraq Goals (lol) until my personal situation gets better. So whether you went to Schalke, or Lincoln away, or Wembley in 1999, don't use those games as a weapon in this vacuous thread, you don't need to justify your support. Just show it whenever you possibly can.

Mark Hughes is showing respect to the Cup by fielding his full-strength side, shouldn't we show the same respect and try to show our full-strength support when it permits us too?

I'll tell you what's embarrassing.

Young fans trying to tell others that you have a "duty" to turn up at the games.

The truth of the matter is that since the beginning of time these games have attracted low crowds. They are not glamourous or exciting, often you are watching second string players. Back in the 80s, when clubs took this competition much more seriously, City would get 10-15,000. All clubs everywhere get half a crowd for earlry Carling Cup games. City are no different.

No supporter is "duty bound" to attend games if they don't want to. It's childish to think like that.

And Yes, I was there. But I don't give a shit what the crowd was to be honest.

That's a disappointing attitude to have. I didn't say you have a duty. You should want to be there because it's your football team. I'm sure you want to see them win a cup? Therefore you should want to demonstrate your support and help them on the road to Wembley. Like I'm sure people will be falling over themselves to try and get tickets for the semi-finals and final stage. It's the 'can't be arseds' that I'm disappointed with. Like I said in my original post, it's awful to see City fans arguing and squabbling amongst themselves over the issue, I've said my opinion and that's that. People will agree, people will disagree. That's life.

hello said:
The point you seem to be missing is that you or noboby else for that matter can determine whether somone is a joke or not for not attending a football match.
I seriously doubt that as a Club we have a large % of Glory hunting plastics (and if we do then they aren't very good at it)

Season Ticket holders from out of the area may well choose not to shell out on transport etc for a Carling Cup match against Fulham reserves, so what theres nothing shameful in that.

Likewise people with Season tickets on the Zebra scheme might find an extra £15 on top of the regular payments hard to find.

Citycard holders might choose to attend a premier league match rather than Fulham reserves.

You seem to suffer from "whose got the bigger cock syndrome" but nobody needs to justify the attendance or non attendance to a game or not.

If you can afford to go and circumstances allow then great if not it doesn't make you any less of a supporter of our great club and to suggest otherwise is bollocks.

More feable excuses, maybe I should start a thread ' my excuse for not going to the game'.

Nearly half the ground have not turned up. Not everyone has the same passion for City. That's the facts. Our most loyal hardcore fan base is between 17-24k for a competitve match. That's why Blackburn away sells out so quickly and Oldham away a few years back had about 8k didn't it?

The rest are probably a pool of 60k fans that pick and choose matches. If the footballs good, they can't stay away, if it's a cold winters evening and we cannot beat Stoke, they watch the match still but in a pub/internet/tv

pinkwheeltrim said:
If people can't be arsed to go to games then so what!! Its not the fucking law to go to every match.
I didn't go,you know why? Because I had better things to do! Maybe that means I'm not as big a blue as some but who cares!

We all love our club on here(well most of us) but City is not my whole life and if it really is your whole life then I suggest you do something to try and change that because its a sad state of affairs!

sad state of affairs? city play 38 games and a few cup games in 10 months, i don't think that if u go to every game u don't have a life, if u can't be arsed goin that's great, maybe next week the players wont be arsed playin!

Pigeonho said:
kiam06 said:
I take your point mate, if we were 3,4 0r 5 thousand down I would agree but we are losing 50% of our gate, surely these people can't all have other stuff to do at the same time?

Why not? I, for example, had my kids last night and therefore couldn't go even if I wanted too. Some people might be away on business, some might be ill in bed. Some, for fucks sake, might me wanking off their dead camel but at the end of the day its their choice, just as it is your choice to go. Last time I looked though I don't remember a 'praise Kiam' thread, which would be the opposite of yours. Oh, sorry for the dickhead comment, you wound me up though pal.
You don't sell these by any chance do you ?

kiam06 said:
Greiver said:
Great post! Now only if Kiam could have written something this well constructed, then surely there would not be as many angry people as there curently are!

Stick or Carrot? If people are upset they need to look at themselves not me.

Quite frankly, I did not see anyone running around calling themself a joke. Sure it is fine to be dissapointed with the turnout of the crowd and to encourage more Blues to attend. However, it does not help your cause to insult them by questioning someones loyalty. You don't go around poking bears and expect them to not become angry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.