4 Mike Doyle
5 Dave Watson
6 Gary Owen
7 Peter Barnes
8 Brian Kidd/Tommy Booth/Gerrard Keegan *
9 Joe Royle
10 Asa Hartford
11 Dennis Tueart

* In an attempt to replace the injured Colin Bell, 3 different players - Tommy Booth, Brian Kidd & Gerrard Keegan - all shared the Number 8 shirt throughout the remainder of that season

GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:
Strongest 11 (for me) from that season
1 Joe Corrigan
2 Paul Power
3 Willie Donachie
4 Mike Doyle
5 Dave Watson
7 Peter Barnes
9 Joe Royle
10 Asa Hartford
11 Dennis Tueart
Sub:
Gary Owen

* In an attempt to replace the injured Colin Bell, 3 different players - Tommy Booth, Brian Kidd & Gerrard Keegan - all shared the Number 8 shirt throughout the remainder of that season

Just because he wore No.8 didn't mean Kiddo was a straight replacement for Colin, he was our main striker. Booth, Keegan and Power shared that central midfield role alongside Hartford with Barnes and Tueart out wide and Kidd and Royle up front.

Edit: Forgot Gary Owen as well in the centre-mid.

Don't think Power was fully established in the first team by then. The regular full backs were Clements & Donnachie.

It was a very attacking line up though with Barnes, Kidd, Royle & Tueart often playing in the same side.

1 Joe Corrigan
2 Paul Power
3 Willie Donachie
4 Mike Doyle
5 Dave Watson
6 Gary Owen
7 Peter Barnes
9 Joe Royle
10 Asa Hartford
11 Dennis Tueart

are you for real... you have paul power at right back... kenny clements was the 1st choice all season!!!

lancs blue said:
1 Joe Corrigan
2 Paul Power
3 Willie Donachie
4 Mike Doyle
5 Dave Watson
7 Peter Barnes
9 Joe Royle
10 Asa Hartford
11 Dennis Tueart
Sub:
Gary Owen

Just because he wore No.8 didn't mean Kiddo was a straight replacement for Colin, he was our main striker. Booth, Keegan and Power shared that central midfield role alongside Hartford with Barnes and Tueart out wide and Kidd and Royle up front.

you're spot on there LB - I only had 10 players in my original team selection as well - too early in the morning I guess - rectified it now, bringing Gary Owen in at centre-midd

2bluejacko said:
1 Joe Corrigan
2 Paul Power
3 Willie Donachie
4 Mike Doyle
5 Dave Watson
6 Gary Owen
7 Peter Barnes
9 Joe Royle
10 Asa Hartford
11 Dennis Tueart

are you for real... you have paul power at right back... kenny clements was the 1st choice all season!!!
Fair do's - tbh, I forgot all about Kenny, and was was struggling for a right-back from memory - I apologise

Happy Days

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQb4Gf7qdus&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.