Too many vehicles on uk roads

What do you mean?

car_photo_369484_25.jpg

I can't see any difference.
The one on the left has alloys

The whole infrastructure of public transport locally & nationally has been underfunded and profit driven for shareholders to the extent it's not fit for purpose on the whole.

There are pockets which will be good, buses and trams around where I am on the coast seem pretty good, on the odd occasion I do catch a bus they're really nice LED information screens, clean pleather seats, frequent, on time etc.

Would I consider risking travelling from home to a night game on public transport? No chance....either a bus or tram then train the latter may/may not run either to Manchester or back...so I use the car as being stuck in Manchester isn't a risk I want to take.

Sort out the system and people will come but, it's a long long way from being sorted, a reasonable service and reliable.

Leeds is trying to make it nigh impossible to drive into the centre. A large block in the centre is now pedestrianised and thru routes go around the city. A raft of local stations now have expanded car parks and frequent trains. No idea about the busses.

Folk complained about the proposed congestion charge, but I think it's going to be the only way out of this mess, yes public transport is woefully shite, but look at most of the buses and they are rarely more than half full, yet the roads in Manchester are jammed from 5am until 8pm everyday.

Leeds is trying to make it nigh impossible to drive into the centre. A large block in the centre is now pedestrianised and thru routes go around the city. A raft of local stations now have expanded car parks and frequent trains. No idea about the busses.
Parking in Leeds has always been shite, but the roadworks there at the moment are a joke.

Getting to the M621 takes forever and when you get there it’s 40mph average speed zones.

I need to start coming over to Leeds. Was thinking of driving to a station. Are there any you can suggest?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.