4. Dortmund
5. PSG
6. Atletico
7. City
8. Chelsea
9. Napoli
10. Rags

Would have 11. Arsenal 12. Roma

Don't know why people think Chelsea should be ranked above City, we consistently finish above them and despite their performances in Europe we are a better side overall. Rags are clinging on, they would still get results against those top sides but have lost an edge with Moyes now there.
Because there is more to football than retaining possession and short passing. I think your squad is stronger man for man but we're currently the better team. By all accounts we should have put you to the sword in the first half on Sunday; Torres (twice) and Cahill missed some huge chances while City only really had Silva's chance forcing a great save from Cech. Aguero's goal wasn't a great chance at all, it just shows how special of a player he is to score from there because few strikers could. But the point is we managed to restrict you significantly (especially considering you do have the best attack in the league) and cut you open repeatedly with much less time on the ball. The quality of the chances and defending do matter.

The best illustration of this was Barcelona v Bayern last year. Barca had more possession, more shots on and off target and all the corners. They were dominating by every statistic, but who was the better team? Over the last few seasons you have undoubtedly been better, but our team cohesion is returning now and we have a competent manager - whereas before we had AVB (disaster), RDM (inexperienced) and Benitez (toxic atmosphere) complete with sackings midway through seasons. It isn't easy for a team to function under those conditions, and it's amazing we achieved what we did considering.

1.bayern
2.barca
3.dortmund
4.madrid
5.psg
6.chelsea
7.city
8.juventus
9.atl madrid
10.arsenal

Castiel said:
supercity88 said:
1. Bayern
2. Barca
3. Real Madrid
4. Dortmund
5. PSG
6. Atletico
7. City
8. Chelsea
9. Napoli
10. Rags

Would have 11. Arsenal 12. Roma

Don't know why people think Chelsea should be ranked above City, we consistently finish above them and despite their performances in Europe we are a better side overall. Rags are clinging on, they would still get results against those top sides but have lost an edge with Moyes now there.
Because there is more to football than retaining possession and short passing. I think your squad is stronger man for man but we're currently the better team. By all accounts we should have put you to the sword in the first half on Sunday; Torres (twice) and Cahill missed some huge chances while City only really had Silva's chance forcing a great save from Cech. Aguero's goal wasn't a great chance at all, it just shows how special of a player he is to score from there because few strikers could. But the point is we managed to restrict you significantly (especially considering you do have the best attack in the league) and cut you open repeatedly with much less time on the ball. The quality of the chances and defending do matter.

The best illustration of this was Barcelona v Bayern last year. Barca had more possession, more shots on and off target and all the corners. They were dominating by every statistic, but who was the better team? Over the last few seasons you have undoubtedly been better, but our team cohesion is returning now and we have a competent manager - whereas before we had AVB (disaster), RDM (inexperienced) and Benitez (toxic atmosphere) complete with sackings midway through seasons. It isn't easy for a team to function under those conditions, and it's amazing we achieved what we did considering.

I am not bothered about a one off game between City and Chelsea, and the performances in that game. Bayern, Barca, Arsenal, Dortmund. More to football than possession and short passing. Hmmm. I actually think that the purist's football and the style of the teams mentioned at the top of the list predominantly features short passing and possession. Bayern soaked up the Barca possession and hit them on the counter. But I am talking about Bayern now, they Bayern that have adopted Guardiola's possession football. That have adapted and evolved their style. City are a better side than Chelsea, Mourinho may have improved Chelsea and that is why I put them where I do currently. But taking into consideration previous seasons and current play City are in my opinion better than Chelsea. It is purely opinion as the league table suggests otherwise and UEFA rankings suggest otherwise too. But currently I would expect City to beat Chelsea more times than vice versa so put them above. You have Chelsea tinted specs on. You had a few chances just like us, and scored a winner from a defensive error. The game I was watching would not have had you out of sight in the first half.

Anyway do not need to argue that game as it is irrelevant. I stand by the table I put forward. On current form and results I would move Chelsea above City in a couple of months, there is not much between them. But we are better.

"At present" would be this imo:

1.) Dortmund
2.) Bayern
3.) Roma
4.) Barcelona
5.) Arsenal
6.) Atletico Madrid
7.) PSG
8.) Chelsea
9.) Real Madrid
10.) Juventus

That's sort of an "on form" list.

GHoddle said:
"At present" would be this imo:

1.) Dortmund
2.) Bayern
3.) Roma
4.) Barcelona
5.) Arsenal
6.) Atletico Madrid
7.) PSG
8.) Chelsea
9.) Real Madrid
10.) Juventus

That's sort of an "on form" list.

Where are Southampton!!!

I think a lot of people are massively overrating PSG. They have a lot of superstar players, but they are too many big ego's and their results depend more of Zlatan than the team.

supercrystal7 said:
I think a lot of people are massively overrating PSG. They have a lot of superstar players, but they are too many big ego's and their results depend more of Zlatan than the team.
It's hard to judge them as a team because it's a pretty new side, their league doesn't have a lot of coverage and they don't compete against high quality opposition that often.

I've got them down as 9th, depending on Ibra isn't a bad place to be. I think their individual quality would see them favourites against all but the very best teams.

supercrystal7 said:

Sirgu's class, the full backs are pretty wank to be fair but Alex, Thiago Silva and Marquinhos is better than anything City have, Motta, Matuidi, Verratti are class in the middle. The middle. Cavani and then one of Lavezzi/Pastore/Lucas behind Zlatgod is wank worthy. They'd beat City over 2 legs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.