Top 5 City moments of 2011

ifiwasarichfan said:
Cheers guys, I remember the one at Ewood now but did you get the point I was making?
Yeah; it's sort of ''we're scoring that many goals nowadays that it can be hard to remember individual events''. That goal was a massive (sorry!) goal though as, IIRC, it put us in sight of getting third spot. Edin got two in one of the Europa league ties but without looking up on youtube, I can't remember how they came about.

FA Cup Final
Semi Final
1-6
Leciester away- Neil Young trubute by the fans
The laughable United parade after our parade

1) FA Cup semi final. Its such a close one but for me this tops it because it was the first time we saw that we could take on the rags on the biggest stage and beat them. And I knew that even if we didn't win the cup that year, and let's face it there was always a chance against that unique brand of stoke football, that a trophy win would come very very soon.
2) FA Cup Final. It was fucking amazing.
3) 6-1. So funny and it just confirmed everything we learnt from the semi, and also showed that we were serious contenders after our amazing start.
4) Aguero debut. Never, ever in a million years thought we would buy a player of his ability.
5) Villareal home. Showed us that we are finally adapting the rag never say die attitude. Which we need to win the league.

What a year. We've been so lucky.

1) Watching Spurs get mauled in their own back yard by us.
2) Watching rags get mauled in their own back yard by us.
3) Yaya Toure in the Semi.
4) Yaya Toure in the final.
5) The creation of the Balotelli song.

I think I have to go with the FA Cup Final, even though I failed to get a ticket for the game, I watched it on the telebox with my Family, it was one of those periods of life where you forget everything else exists apart from what's infront of your eyes. When Toure lashed that ball into the back of the Stoke net I felt years and years of hurt vanish, many a school bully mocking me for being blue over red, many an arrogant scouser going all 'historical' on me, those years of pain and absoloute shite football (in the main) were thrown into the nostalga book of rememberance of what we use to be...... When the final whistle went, I'll be honest I cried, I cried because we'd won it, we'd won it in the year Neil Young passed away into that great blue heaven in the sky, we'd thrown the gauntlet down for the future, but that is our defining moment of the year for me.

1) Walking into my local the day after the semi which is always packed with rags. Didnt have to say a word. The stick I've taken over the years was almost unbearable and that one match changed everything. For some reason they didnt want to share the banter that day. They knew there was a power shift and I knew crowing about it would bring me down to their level. Awesome feeling.

2) Everything else about the club, its fans, business on and off the pitch and the unprecedented run of results.

For me a moment is not a full game.

1. The final whistle at wembley in the fa cup semi final and the realisation that after watching us for 34 years inwould finally see us in a final.

2. The final whistle in the final...joy, relief, chaos...

3. The ball hitting the back of the net in the final.

4. Dzeko's 2nd goal at the swamp and the realisation that times are changing.

5. Marios shoulder goal.

1) FA Cup final-First time seen city win anything (Major) in my life. Proud as could be....and yes, i did shed the odd tear.

2)Semi final- Just meant so much to win, carry on the quest for the FA Cup. Plus is was against them lot.

3) 6-1. Found a bar in Cofu, owned by a Blue. Just lapped it up as all the Essex reds on holiday left the bar. Humilitated :)

4) Champs league debut. Never thought i would see the day.

5) Tough one this, got to be some of the football i have witnessed this season. Various bits from different matches...Stitch them all together and its SEXY FOOTBALL....
Merry Christmas Blues, Mark :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.