Torres (Merged)

Re: Torres is a done deal

eljefecito1709 said:
Robinho's_thumb said:
Liverpool have had it. Your downfall is inevitable.

It's a matter of time before players relaise they have to leave to win something.

And I'm guessing City are now set to dominate world football for as long as Sheikh Mansour lives?

Like I said earlier, there is an air of arrogance on this board that I usually associated with the Red side of Manchester. Both sets of fans are now equally arrogant, what's worse though, is look at your trophy cabinets. City actually haven't achieved anything, just spent lots of money. Yet you lot think you can attract world class talent this summer? Congratulations when you sign a new band of Make-shift galactico mercenaries in the summer.

I'll re-iterate, as a Liverpool fan but also a football fan, it is better for the game for clubs at the top to be as strong as ever, it maintains competition and high standards in the Premier League, boosts our reputation abroad so better players want to play here, furthermore it makes attending games, paying Sky, ESPN etc. worth my while. Like I said before, I'm not arrogant and I believe every club deserves a chance at success, however you fans are making a bad name for yourselves, and the people representing your club e.g. Gary Cooke and Roberto Mancini are making bad names for themselves in the media. I don't Mancini being here for too long anyway, isn't he more of a stop-gap? then you're moving for someone else in the summer, Mancini is a new Rafa Benitez, Negative defensive tactics where he plays not to lose against better sides, that's why you'll fail to make fourth place. You easily have the team to do it, but I see more stalemates with Spurs and Villa ahead like our stalemate with you. Must make for some fun viewing, as a Liverpool fan I know all too well how boring it is haha.

I'll agree to an extent aboutsome of our fans bit, the bit about mancini making a bad name for himself?????? what the fuck has he done? He only stated the obvious in any of the top teams would be interested if torres became available.

Blue Phil said:
Damocles said:
Because Liverpool have no desire to sell, and I'm pretty sure that they know that we have a bit of spare cash knocking around.
No desire to sell? Im not pretending to know what the state of Liverpool's finances are in... but i'm pretty sure that the owners are selling up, Barcleys wants 100million pounds in the next 4 months or something, they arent going to get 50 million from champions league football and there managers future is in doubt... Im pretty sure they would bite our hand of if we offered 40 million...

Why would Barcleys want £100M when RBS are the ones who are the creditor?

johnwaynebobbet said:
Blue Phil said:
No desire to sell? Im not pretending to know what the state of Liverpool's finances are in... but i'm pretty sure that the owners are selling up, Barcleys wants 100million pounds in the next 4 months or something, they arent going to get 50 million from champions league football and there managers future is in doubt... Im pretty sure they would bite our hand of if we offered 40 million...

Why would Barcleys want £100M when RBS are the ones who are the creditor?
iirc the debt has been passed onto barclays, could be wrong though

eljefecito1709 said:
And I'm guessing City are now set to dominate world football for as long as Sheikh Mansour lives?

Like I said earlier, there is an air of arrogance on this board that I usually associated with the Red side of Manchester. Both sets of fans are now equally arrogant, what's worse though, is look at your trophy cabinets. City actually haven't achieved anything, just spent lots of money. Yet you lot think you can attract world class talent this summer? Congratulations when you sign a new band of Make-shift galactico mercenaries in the summer.

I'll re-iterate, as a Liverpool fan but also a football fan, it is better for the game for clubs at the top to be as strong as ever, it maintains competition and high standards in the Premier League, boosts our reputation abroad so better players want to play here, furthermore it makes attending games, paying Sky, ESPN etc. worth my while. Like I said before, I'm not arrogant and I believe every club deserves a chance at success, however you fans are making a bad name for yourselves, and the people representing your club e.g. Gary Cooke and Roberto Mancini are making bad names for themselves in the media. I don't Mancini being here for too long anyway, isn't he more of a stop-gap? then you're moving for someone else in the summer, Mancini is a new Rafa Benitez, Negative defensive tactics where he plays not to lose against better sides, that's why you'll fail to make fourth place. You easily have the team to do it, but I see more stalemates with Spurs and Villa ahead like our stalemate with you. Must make for some fun viewing, as a Liverpool fan I know all too well how boring it is haha.

I feel your envy.

Trouble is though, you've had all these years where you've been getting champions league money to piss it away on sub standard rubbish. You have zero youth academy to speak of where as Everton seem to have a production line of Scouse youth.

It's your own fault. Deal with it.

A Liverpool fan complaining about arrogance?

As far as Liverpool are concerned, there's only one football club in existence. I don't agree with lording it over most other clubs, but when it's towards the rags and Liverpool I couldn't care less. They've had it coming for years.

Spindash said:

As far as Liverpool are concerned, there's only one football club in existence. I don't agree with lording it over most other clubs, but when it's towards the rags and Liverpool I couldn't care less. They've had it coming for years.

Wait for 5 years, for city to win some big trophies, and watch the ego's of Man city and it's fan inflate beyond that of Liverpool and United. Then rethink this comment....

eljefecito1709 said:
Spindash said:

Wait for 5 years, for city to win some big trophies, and watch the ego's of Man city and it's fan inflate beyond that of Liverpool and United. Then rethink this comment....

Still here? Shush now.

We've put up with shit from you glory supporters for decades. Now it's our turn to give it back and you don't like it.

There is a couple of recent additions to Liverpool's problems , ie Torres has now been quoted saying he doesn't think he can physically stand up to the " hurly burly " of the Premier League .. I can't see him going to Real Madrid though , it would be like Mancini putting a sneaky little bid in for Gary Neville :) the other problem is the rumours circulating Merseyside concerning Steven Gerrard getting a 16 yr old girl pregnant and his Mrs is playing away with Kris Commons :) :) :) , The word is he's going abroad next season .. and just to put the final nail in the coffin one of Liverpool's potential buyers has now switched their attention to Everton because they won't cost as much to buy , their squad is as good if not better , a better , more stable management and the stadium refurbishment plans are less costly than Liverpools new planned development .... Are the wheels coming off at planet Anfield ? Will Agent Glazier drag Manure down the same path Hicks and Giblet have taken Lierpool ? ... Watch This Space !!!!

INJURY-HIT SEASON
Torres fears for long-term health in England

April 25, 2010

* Comment
* Email
* Print

Liverpool striker Fernando Torres fears a lengthy spell in the Premier League could result in chronic long-term injuries.

Fernando Torres

GettyImages

Fernando Torres: 22 appearances this season

• Chelsea pull plug on Torres bid
• Benitez warns City off Torres bid

Torres is currently ruled out for the season with a reoccurring knee problem that has also limited him to just 22 appearances this season, although he has still scored 18 goals.

The Spanish international, who expects to be fit in time for the World Cup, is concerned at the physical toll of the English top-flight and is amazed that players like Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard have performed at such a high level for so long.

"The Premier League is such a tough competition and I have always admired this championship and the players who are here," Torres told the News of the World.

"This is my third season and I'm still amazed to see Gerrard, Rooney and Lampard, players who have been here a long time, still playing at such a high level and with such impressive rhythm because the English league really wears down a player.

"I just can't imagine what state I'll be in within five or six years if I continue to play here - it could easily give me problems when I stop playing. The physical level is superior to all other countries."

Torres' future is currently the subject of much speculation but another Premier League club, Manchester City, reportedly head the queue to sign the 26-year-old.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.