Torres - potential laughing stock.

A player being a laughing stock for being loyal to his club!.

Is this the end of football as we know it?

His problem is the comments he made about city a couple of years ago.....
He said in a tabloid spread that we had no history..and that he,d never join city as Liverpool were a big club with history and that was important to him etc etc at the time liverpool were top 4 whilst city were top ten. it was an easy way to endear himself to the kop faithfull-never mind how much money they can offer,you can,t buy history..that sort of thing...

Torres has had to watch as we have progressed steadily from the team that lost at home to the bindippers under hughes , then carved out a nil nil draw which put paid to their chumps league hopes last season,and then smashing them 3nil this season to complete the transformation of city

I,d say he knows he,s in the shit.and his frustration is showing in matches..knows he,s playing for a club in transistion and that he can,t go elsewhere in the premier cos chelski can,t afford him,arsenal won,t buy big, utd are skint and wouln,t buy frm binddippers anyway leaving little old city with no history as his only option...

a top player, but shud have just kept his mouth shut.you,ve made yer bed,lie in it
Fernando.

dennishasdoneit said:
He said in a tabloid spread that we had no history..and that he,d never join city as Liverpool were a big club with history and that was important to him etc etc at the time liverpool were top 4 whilst city were top ten. it was an easy way to endear himself to the kop faithfull-never mind how much money they can offer,you can,t buy history..that sort of thing...

Torres has had to watch as we have progressed steadily from the team that lost at home to the bindippers under hughes , then carved out a nil nil draw which put paid to their chumps league hopes last season,and then smashing them 3nil this season to complete the transformation of city

I,d say he knows he,s in the shit.and his frustration is showing in matches..knows he,s playing for a club in transistion and that he can,t go elsewhere in the premier cos chelski can,t afford him,arsenal won,t buy big, utd are skint and wouln,t buy frm binddippers anyway leaving little old city with no history as his only option...

a top player, but shud have just kept his mouth shut.you,ve made yer bed,lie in it
Fernando.

Everyone has forgotten what he said mate.

Like I said a couple of weeks ago: when does he think he'll play in the CL? How old will he be? When does he think he'll play in the CL for a club that has a chance of winning it? How old will he be?

Delusional.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/4276858/Liverpool-striker-Fernando-Torres-says-Manchester-City-move-wrong-for-Kaka.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Kaka.html</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Fernando-Torres-I-will-not-join-Manchester-City-because-I-want-my-daughter-to-have-a-Scouse-accent-la-article241925.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Fe ... 41925.html</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/802722-torres-pledges-loyalty-to-liverpool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/8 ... -liverpool</a>

Sigh said:
dennishasdoneit said:

Fernando.

Everyone has forgotten what he said mate. Oh indeed how they have forgotten. Quite a twat about us he was. I have never forgotten, you neither.

Like I said a couple of weeks ago: when does he think he'll play in the CL? How old will he be? When does he think he'll play in the CL for a club that has a chance of winning it? How old will he be?

I,ll never forget the article-big page spread putting the boot into City...he,d only been in the country ten mins! i,d like to see Fernando squirm all the way to May,locked in a relegation battle.

My feeling is that he doesn't respect Liverpool FC

He might respect the idea of LFC, but as always, the reality is very different.

The club got rid of a manager he hated, cashed all it's credibility chips with the ludicrous mega-takeover stories, the fairy tales of an unimaginable future that The Times so foolishly ran when it appeared he was on the verge of leaving.

And by December, it had all gone wrong again, the stories of his desire to leave start surfacing all over again... within a week, Hodgson is gone.

At best, he's given them countless opportunities to prove they can keep him happy.

At worse, he will feel they are pathetic for not standing up to him.

I thought at the time, that LFC should have sold Torres or Gerrard, probably both, at the start of the summer, in order to give the new guy a real opportunity to build a new team capable of fighting for the top 6. They are trying to build on a busted flush. I admit that I was impressed with Benitez's final first eleven on paper, but it's never even come close to working. They elected to hold onto the dreams rather than cut their losses and come back stronger. Maybe it felt comforting in the midst of all the turmoil but they've wasted time, and money. It's also dreadful to be out of the top half with three hugely strong players on your books. This season could be so bad that there is lasting damage to the image and confidence of the club and team.

daveduke67 said:
I'd like to think that there are players about that wouldn't desert any sinking ship purely for money. If he does stay and try to get his club going again I'd gain a great deal of respect for him - well as much as is possible for a scouser.

Let's wait and see though.

They are gonna have to spend big in order to get a quality midfielder who can supply him with a constant opportunity to score. Gerrard is now blowing hot and cold and appears not to have much left in the career tank.

I've not forgotten his or Reina's interviews. Whether they were miss quoted, or their quotes were taken out of context is irrelevant. Some basis of fact must have been contained and both of them were very critical of us.

As a player I would love to see somebody of his calibre playing for us, whether I want him at the club is another matter. We are now fortunate that we can look at Torres and say, we don't really need you.

To address the original question; Torres will never be a laughing stock, in fact his loyalty and ambition are probably seen as laudable by his peers. If he judges sucess by medals then he wont realise that at Liverpool in the short term but we shouldn't get complacent or even arrogant. Liverpool will again be a force to be reckoned with. It's not history, they have experience as a club. We mock them in jest, good old fashioned banter but we should never dismiss them as that would be what the scum have become self opinionated and arrogant of others.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.