totally underwhelmed

GStar said:
scorer said:
C'mon Gstar....is Lescott really of a quality that leaves us looking like lovelorn teenagers chasing the forbidden fruit? £8-10m max. Bridge...£10m plus? Hopeless in comparison to Koralov. Santa Cruz.... £18m youre having a real laugh there???
Bellamy brought too much baggage with him, Trouble at most clubs(not golf) he's been atand on balance probably just about justified being here...though again £14m?? Dont think Hughes will be offering 50% of that for him @ Fulham.

I think Lescott is good for our squad, i think his temprement and confidnece is in question, but he wouldn't be totally out of place in any of the top4's squad.

Bridge, price we over paid, but then we have for most transfers. I'm with you 100% on RSC, a Hughes 'comfort' signing who should never have been brought to the club.

Bellamy has brought very little baggage and was one of if not our best player last season, there's plenty of our squad gone public with disgrutles it would be unfair to single out Bellamy.

What we need to rmember, as i mentioned above, is that we've needed a buying curve, we couldnt build a title challenging squad from mid table in one season, we needed/need continuing progression to atrract continuingly better players.

i cant disagree more.
if you buy old average players you are building a middle table side.
if you want build a challenger you need to find gifted players in their prime so at least you can resell who eventually fail or show to not be good enough for where you are going.

anyway , what i want to say is just that its wrong when someone say "with all the investments done etcetc" when the large part of the money has been spent on very average players whom none top 4 team would touch with a barge pole.

Crabbers said:
fathellensbellend said:
it's more the mindset i am worried about.

Me too.

Me too. But I can also recognise an extremely tough opening fixture when I see one, so Mancini gets the benefit of the doubt from me for now. If we're still playing like that in a couple of months, with the likes of Adam Johnson and Adebayor sat on the bench, then I'll be joining the underwhelmed brigade. For now, I'm looking at the quality of the opposition and the length of time Mancini has had to work with his new recruits, and smiling at a potential opening day banana skin avoided.

fathellensbellend said:
regardless of the influx of new players, bonding etc, i cannot help but feel mancini again yesterday served up more of his anti football and without the brilliance of joe hart his negativity would once again have been exposed.

to my mind thats 7 games out of 8 against top sides under mancini tenure where we have barely mustered a shot. everton home and away last season, liverpool at home, arsenal away, utd at home. and now spurs at home and away. (the exception chelsea away)

in a sport that is results driven, it's just such a turn off, you work all week, spend a small fortune on tickets and travel and the manager cannot even be arsed to commit any players forward.

i suppose in the context of the league a 0-0 at spurs is a bloody good result, but the method and the style just doesn't appeal to me one bit.

i expect to get shot down in flames, but it's a forum and it's my view, and i want to see city trying to win games, not stifle the life out of them, and that has become a regular trend under mancini against the top sides.

Its difficult to disagree.

Mancio said:
i cant disagree more.
if you buy old average players you are building a middle table side.
if you want build a challenger you need to find gifted players in their prime so at least you can resell who eventually fail or show to not be good enough for where you are going.

anyway , what i want to say is just that its wrong when someone say "with all the investments done etcetc" when the large part of the money has been spent on very average players whom none top 4 team would touch with a barge pole.

We wouldn't have bought Silva/Balotelli etc if we hadn't improved on the pitch.

None of those palyers are "average"... if you have a strategy for a mid table team with lots of money to buy the top top players, why weren't you here to tell Garry Cook a few years ago ;)

GStar said:
Mancio said:
None of those palyers are "average"... if you have a strategy for a mid table team with lots of money to buy the top top players, why weren't you here to tell Garry Cook a few years ago ;)

my fault ;)

It's early season yet and we have had no game time with the first choice premier league starters do let's chill we will get it right.

Can somebody who is knowledgeable about Premier League football please answer this question for me:

How are the majority of goals scored in the Premier League?

I suspect the answer is 'set pieces' followed by 'crosses from open play' - in which case having no wingers and 2 midgets upfront is maybe not the best idea....

I stand to be corrected though...

Bring back Hughesy!

Was really exciting last time we played Spurs at WHL, 3 goals provided real value for money and nothing say's 'potential champions' to me like a resounding 3-0 defeat.

Better run, I need to have my 87th wank of the day over a picture of Mark Hughes fat arse in tight United shorts.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Bring back Hughesy!

Was really exciting last time we played Spurs at WHL, 3 goals provided real value for money and nothing say's 'potential champions' to me like a resounding 3-0 defeat.

Better run, I need to have my 87th wank of the day over a picture of Mark Hughes fat arse in tight United shorts.

finally some sense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.