totally underwhelmed

The balance of this thread is way in Mancini's favour.

Hughes got more shite thrown at him because of dellusional and sad fans who couldn't get over his Utd connections whilst simultaneously knocking one out over the transfer of Tevez.

Marvin has jumped summed the thread up perfectly:

"Everyone seems happy with the point

Difference of opinion over the quality of our play."

It seems the people who are jumping on me for expressing areas of criticism can't wrap there head around that.

scorer said:
BillyShears said:
Don't insult my intelligence and try and take some sort of pathetic moral high ground. You turned up in this thread and talked shite for about three pages. In fact, you've made one serious post about the discussion at hand. The meat and potatoes of which was that "it was the first game of the season and the team weren't fit". Thanks for the newsflash Mr Clough.

TMQ... would you like to borrow a shovel to take tothe salt as opposed to the traditional pinch.

Cedrtain posters on here are always right, cant take another point of view or feedback. I cannot understand the people who expected us to go out and score 3 or 4 against Spurs.... after all everyone else is going to win there this season.

Im getting tired of always fighting my corner.

I'm happy to take insults, it reflects badly on others is all.

Wanting City to prosper is rapidly marking me out as different on here.

FOR A TEAM THAT HASN'T BONDED YET I'M THANKFUL FOR THE POINT NO MATTER HOW WE GOT IT. ONCE THEY HAVE PLAYED TOGETHER FOR A FEW GAMES AND THE RESULTS ARE THE SAME, THAT'S WHEN QUESTIONS WILL BE ASKED OF MANCINI AND THE TEAM.
SPURS BOGEY TEAM. ONE POINT FROM IT WILL DO ME.

TheMightyQuinn said:
scorer said:
TMQ... would you like to borrow a shovel to take tothe salt as opposed to the traditional pinch.

Cedrtain posters on here are always right, cant take another point of view or feedback. I cannot understand the people who expected us to go out and score 3 or 4 against Spurs.... after all everyone else is going to win there this season.

Me and you both....

I think Mancini is doing an excellent job. My realistic expectations are to improve on last years points tally and to finish higher. This along with a cup final.

I dont think I will be disappointed.

Keep the faith.<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:59 pm --<br /><br />
citygirl77 said:
FOR A TEAM THAT HASN'T BONDED YET I'M THANKFUL FOR THE POINT NO MATTER HOW WE GOT IT. ONCE THEY HAVE PLAYED TOGETHER FOR A FEW GAMES AND THE RESULTS ARE THE SAME, THAT'S WHEN QUESTIONS WILL BE ASKED OF MANCINI AND THE TEAM.
SPURS BOGEY TEAM. ONE POINT FROM IT WILL DO ME.

Great post 100% spot on.

TheMightyQuinn said:
scorer said:

There you go again questioning the loyalty of others. This in the same post as marding it up about personal insults being directed at you. You've let yourself down badly in this thread IMO.

scorer said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

Me and you both....

I think Mancini is doing an excellent job. My realistic expectations are to improve on last years points tally and to finish higher. This along with a cup final.

I dont think I will be disappointed.

Keep the faith.

Not writing him off after 1 game?

I suspect you're a rag or something.

alera said:
Brilliant result yesterday. Yes we were lucky but we will get much much better than that. The players are still strangers, most of them look nothing like match fit. Boatang and maybe Milner to come.

If we had got that result last season at spurs we would be in the champions league this season, it has to be looked at in that context. We are basically 1 point and 3 gd better off vs last season thats the way I am looking at it.

TBH I have no problem with the negative destroy football against the top sides if it means we get results out of games we would other wise loose. Obviously if we play ultra defensive in these games and still loose well questions will be asked.

Arsenal will have been happy with a point at Anfield, sometimes a draw is a good result.

i accept the point is a good one, but this is what concerns me about mancini and the tactics.

everton home and away last season, no shots, no goals
liverpool at home, no shots, no goals
arsenal away, no shots no goals
spurs last season, and spurs this season, no shots, no goals
utd at home in the league, no shots

i could also throw in the 2 ulta cautious semi finals as well.

regardless of personal, mancini's approach will continue in the same manner, and for me, with the players at his disposal, and the cost of watching football i find that frustrating.

i fully accept the point was good, but at the moment we are like a stuart pearce team with good players.

i cannot accept that a team that has the brilliance of tevez, silva, adebayor, toure etc at its disposal can muster barely a shot regardless of the teams circumstances.

there is also a notion that new players cannot blend, but how many times have we seen the opposite.

the thread has run its course i think, liverpool at home to me is a big game, and purely from an entertainment perspective, i want to see flair and skill not another no shot 0-0 bore.

TheMightyQuinn said:
GStar said:
Haha, a. You're not genuinely sorry.

b. You're not sticking up for the manager, this isn't an either/or scenario, you're just taking the piss very passively

c. No-one's opinion isn't valid, but the way its put across will give it less credibility and finally

d. I'm not judging mancini on one game, i'm seeing new players carry out the exact same instructions as last year. It may be that this is a long road that will end with us winning in this style, so far though it's proved successful since Mancini took over.

Although i'm lmost certain you knew all that already ;)

I just wanted to add some balance to the argument.

Mancini gets so much stick where Hughes was given free reign it's untrue.

If Mancini shipping out the shit players and earning us a difficult point at a team who usually stuffs us is bad then I'm waiting for the good and suspect I'll always be waiting.

Just as the press say 'Ade is lazy' and City fans stop watching him and just take this as gospel. So too are we now just accusing Mancini of stuff we've read or heard 'Lawro' say on TV.

I'll leave this thread now and let the moaners win.

I'll be the one weeping at COMS should we fail to win anything this season, I'll be easy to spot amongst all the celebrations as some people are proven right on Bluemoon which, after all, is all that matters to most who post on here.

I'm all for discussion but this is just Mancini slagging.

It's a shame that fans like me are in the minority on here but I'll never apologise for wanting City to be the best instead of being my own little 'shitty City' plaything.

Don't think you are. There is a small but very vocal group who have been slagging Mancini since day one. They actually sound like Fat Micky Quinn and the imbecile that is Lawro forever going on about three defensive midfielders.

The fact is that until Hughes is exposed as an impostor at Fulham both the media and some bluemooners will continue thinking that Hughes was badly treated and that Mancini is a no mark foreigner.

As we are now finding out the vast majority of Hughes signings have been poor. Some mentally others skill wise. Unfortunately as he was so keen to bring them in on high wages we are now struggling to get rid of them.

Mancini is introducing a style that is continental and at times looks slow and laboured. Maybe it would be more fun if we played with two wingers a la Spurs.
However he's the boss and he has brought in quality players who can play his system. Lets give it more than one game to gel.

fathellensbellend said:
alera said:
Brilliant result yesterday. Yes we were lucky but we will get much much better than that. The players are still strangers, most of them look nothing like match fit. Boatang and maybe Milner to come.

If we had got that result last season at spurs we would be in the champions league this season, it has to be looked at in that context. We are basically 1 point and 3 gd better off vs last season thats the way I am looking at it.

TBH I have no problem with the negative destroy football against the top sides if it means we get results out of games we would other wise loose. Obviously if we play ultra defensive in these games and still loose well questions will be asked.

Arsenal will have been happy with a point at Anfield, sometimes a draw is a good result.

i accept the point is a good one, but this is what concerns me about mancini and the tactics.

everton home and away last season, no shots, no goals
liverpool at home, no shots, no goals
arsenal away, no shots no goals
spurs last season, and spurs this season, no shots, no goals
utd at home in the league, no shots

i could also throw in the 2 ulta cautious semi finals as well.

regardless of personal, mancini's approach will continue in the same manner, and for me, with the players at his disposal, and the cost of watching football i find that frustrating.

i fully accept the point was good, but at the moment we are like a stuart pearce team with good players.

i cannot accept that a team that has the brilliance of tevez, silva, adebayor, toure etc at its disposal can muster barely a shot regardless of the teams circumstances.

there is also a notion that new players cannot blend, but how many times have we seen the opposite.

the thread has run its course i think, liverpool at home to me is a big game, and purely from an entertainment perspective, i want to see flair and skill not another no shot 0-0 bore.

Last season Mancini had to work with Players he would not necessarilly have bought himself. His first and most important job was to stop us shipping goals and, he more or less did this. Now he has brought in his own men I expect better especially going forward. All I would say is two things.

1. I would not judge his team and his squad on one game
2. If I was going to judge it on one game I would disregard Spurs away.

Spurs could not beat us yesterday and they are much more appreciative of us on their forums than are many posters on here.

It's a pity really.

GStar said:
The balance of this thread is way in Mancini's favour.

Hughes got more shite thrown at him because of dellusional and sad fans who couldn't get over his Utd connections whilst simultaneously knocking one out over the transfer of Tevez.

Marvin has jumped summed the thread up perfectly:

"Everyone seems happy with the point

Difference of opinion over the quality of our play."

It seems the people who are jumping on me for expressing areas of criticism can't wrap there head around that.
Rightly so, you've to admit he didnt do a very good job under his 18 months.

first season 10th worse than the year before.
two and a half month of draws.
Made our defence worse
Made our midfield unbalanced
Didnt let any kids get a chance what so ever.
absolutly unable to change tactics when needed.
And he had som chocking defeats.

But hey at least he didnt play negative football right? and that what counts in the end,

PS.
Anyway i always supported him never said one bad word about him, when he was in charge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.