Tottenham - EFL Cup Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Winning the league would be underwhelming? Only on bluemoon ...
Read the bit around it that. In relation to where we were this time last week, being heavy favourites for 4 competitions then yes only winning the league is underwhelming because there's an opportunity for significantly more.

Just like last season when the scousers looked like winning everything and having an unbeaten season at one point and then ended the season with just the league, despite waiting 30 years for it, many were rightly putting that down as an underwhelming season for them because of what they should have won. The same applies here.

Strongest line up from here on in.

No excuses.
100% he makes changes he cant help himself

If Mendy & Sterling start then I'm off for 2nd round of golf no way I can stomach watching the same shite as Chelsea with no energy, press & constant bullshit from the commentators fuck that

Eddy will be left out to start with & Walker you fucking watch

My guess will be

Steffen
Dias Laporte
Cancelo Mendy
Fernandinio
Bernardo Phil
Torres Sterling
Jesus

Subs
Eddy
Walker
Garcia
Akeĺ
Zinchenko
Rodri
Gundagun
Mahrez
Delap
Doyle

Judging by Guardiola's comments just now, the team on Sunday is going to be heavily heavily rotated. He laboured the point that normally this final takes place in Feb but this year it's in the busiest part of the season. He also laboured the point that his priorities are the PL and the CL. I now expect:

Steffen, Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, Mendy, Fernandinho, Rodri, Gundo, Torres, Sterling, Jesus.
2 HM no no no that's a disaster just like last week it was awfull

never in a million years would i criticise the most successful manager we have ever had at City. As a mere fan, i think Raz has too many mental issues at the mo, and Kun has already played his last game for us, Spurs may be a joke but have the ability to score against anyone on their day. There are many permutations available to Pep, some have seemed good on paper but never gelled on the pitch, but no changes at half time, leaves me perplexed, or it used to but now i am resigned to it. The myth that we have two first teams has been exposed these last couple of weeks, strong bench yes but not all are top class.
Anyway, an early goal, no unforced errors, no diabolical decisions and we keep our trophy for another year.

For some reason Spurs have been our kryptonite for the last few seasons. They’ve knocked us out of the champions league, drawn a match we played them off the park, beaten us twice with 4 shots on target, we’ve missed penalties, had goals ruled out by VAR and had Spurs score 2 dubious goals despite VAR. Whatever about 1981 we owe them for the last 3 seasons.

I hope we go relatively strong, maybe bring Cancelo & Ake at full back and Fernandinho at DM but with Bernardo and Gundogan. Foden, Sterling and Jesus up front. I doubt it somehow and chances are Pep will go close to identical to last Saturday.

Read the bit around it that. In relation to where we were this time last week, being heavy favourites for 4 competitions then yes only winning the league is underwhelming because there's an opportunity for significantly more.

Just like last season when the scousers looked like winning everything and having an unbeaten season at one point and then ended the season with just the league, despite waiting 30 years for it, many were rightly putting that down as an underwhelming season for them because of what they should have won. The same applies here.
I can see both points of view,and was secretly excited about the thought of winning four, but i remember the shite days of the thought of even a league cup final was enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.