Tottenham - EFL Cup Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
4 more games to lift the C.L. trophy, just one to lift the L.C in Wembley.... that's an easy priority for me...

We play PSG 3 days after. 100% this will be more of a Leeds/Chelsea team than the team v Villa. The team that played Villa will play PSG.
They won't train Monday imo, rest up so no need to leave everyone out

Get it fucking won then remove simples

Damned if you do, Damned if you dont is a perfect way to sum up this game on Sunday.

It is a Cup Final and would love to see all our main men on, But the more you think about Wednesday and thoughts of picking up injuries I'm starting to change my mind.
Incredible chance for us to be crowned Champions Of Europe this season so I can only see Pep leaving the big boys out of the Final on Sunday.
Ideal scenario is obviously resting the big boys and winning the League Cup!

Last edited:
I went to both in 81 and got smacked in the face from behind on Wembley Way before the replay. Champions League is the priority though. Think Dias and Laporte will play both.
Went to the replay in '81 and wanted revenge ever since, though it won't be true revenge till City beat Tottenham in another F.A. Cup Final. Would take losing on Sunday if City win on Wednesday (but hope they can win it by keeping Son & Kane quiet till 70th minute then bring on KDB and Foden.)

Damned if you do, Damned if you think is a perfect way to sum up this game on Sunday.

It is a Cup Final and would love to see all our main men on, But the more you think about Wednesday and thoughts of picking up injuries I'm starting to change my mind.
Incredible chance for us to be crowned Champions Of Europe this season so I can only see Pep leaving the big boys out of the Final on Sunday.
Ideal scenario is obviously resting the big boys and winning the League Cup!
This is my view as well. However you slice it, we play a much more important game on Wednesday. Make changes, let them do their best and give them all the support we can

They won't train Monday imo, rest up so no need to leave everyone out

Get it fucking won then remove simples
Thing is though, we will want to rest in the region of 9 players but there are only 5 subs. So straight away that is us making 4 changes to the starting line up as a bare minimum. But it will be closer to 9, imo. The Champions League is many times more important than the League Cup to literally every person working at the club. We are not risking fatigue or injury to anyone important. No chance. The club is desperate for the CL.

4 more games to lift the C.L. trophy, just one to lift the L.C in Wembley.... that's an easy priority for me...

4?

Only 3 games left in CL and one can get away with two draws in semis (as long as the one at home is nil-nil, and away one is a scored draw ... or even a loss in there as long as you keep away goal margin better in the other one ... then the final is a one off ... the only must-win ...

But I get your point and agree, we need to win on Sunday. It's our 4 in a row on line and also 8 in total cups ... and with that a chance to go one better next year. I'd be gutted if we don't win this now having come this close. That FA Cup semi final still hurting from last weekend ...

This is my view as well. However you slice it, we play a much more important game on Wednesday. Make changes, let them do their best and give them all the support we can
I think there will be changes but not as many as Leeds or Chelsea.

perhaps:
Steffen
Cancelo Dias laporte mendy
Gundogan Fernandinho rodri
Sterling Jesus foden

Are we seriously going to throw a cup final ? Last week was bad enough but that’s disgusting .
Last week was worse. We could and should have put our strongest side out. This final is 72hrs before a CL semi final with travelling involved, and so dictates that changes are needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.