Tottenham - EFL Cup Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't going to end well with potentially nine changes from the Villa game. I hope Pep goes strongest possible but I think there's zero chance.
Possibly a team like this: Steffen, Cancelo, Mendy, Ake, Laporte, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Torres, Sterling, Jesus, Aguero

We got into this position by fully utilising our squad. Yes certain players are out of form but like with Bernardo they need to have an opportunity to play to get back into their groove. Say what you want about Sterling but he will get his form back you don’t just become shit overnight (with the exception of joe hart).

We are talking about Sterling, mendy, Torres, ake, fern, Jesus, cancelo. 5 of these would start for spurs tomorrow these are good players who pep believes in. Add in other likely starts such as Bernardo,gundogan, Dias etc we have more than enough quality to beat spurs.

I am going tomorrow to support the team no matter what side he picks and to enjoy myself. If we end the season with ‘just’ the prem it’s still been a brilliant season especially considering our start.

We need our players 100% for PSG they are a top quality side. Whoever wins between us and PSG wins the champs league imo this is a huge opportunity for the club, pep and the players.

prediction for tomorrow city 2 spurs 0 Sterling & Jesus

This isn't going to end well with potentially nine changes from the Villa game. I hope Pep goes strongest possible but I think there's zero chance.
Possibly a team like this: Steffen, Cancelo, Mendy, Ake, Laporte, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Torres, Sterling, Jesus, Aguero
Do you ever get up feeling positive.

Reactions: CC1
If pep names sterling, Torres, Mendy, ake in this then he’s thrown it.

All season only players in form keep their place and all season it’s been “one game at a time”

Now we hear Pep saying we’ve got one eye on Dortmund and Palace.

This is a fucking Cup Final against a spurs with an interim coach and no Harry Kane! Start strong, win it and then bring players off for Dortmund.

What is the point in fighting on all 4 fronts all season just to throw the towel in at the semis and final of 2 domestic cups??
People are mistaking rotation in the League Cup as ‘throwing the towel in’. We have not lost a League Cup game since October 2016 and will have rotated in almost every one? The rotation is just all the more pressing considering the League Cup has not been out of the way relatively early in the season and is instead at the business end of the season when the two most important competitions are decided.

Just don’t want sterling near the team . Mendy is shit but we all know that so it doesn’t hurt when he fucks up but sterling is showing a side to his game which I don’t agree with because I definitely think there has been a fall out with him and pep and this his way of getting over it . When a player loses form you can see they are pissed off but he just laughs when he fucks up . A lot of people won’t agree with this but it’s my opinion and I’m entitled to it .

Just don’t want sterling near the team . Mendy is shit but we all know that so it doesn’t hurt when he fucks up but sterling is showing a side to his game which I don’t agree with because I definitely think there has been a fall out with him and pep and this his way of getting over it . When a player loses form you can see they are pissed off but he just laughs when he fucks up . A lot of people won’t agree with this but it’s my opinion and I’m entitled to it .
Mendy. He brings nothing to the team. Even his own players are reluctant to pass to him. Might as well play with ten. I would also start with Ed but that will not happen.

Very worried about folk saying our weakened eleven should easily beat Spurs. My fear is that Son alone can score more than our reserve strike force. Also they have tough tackling (dirty) players in Sassoko, Dier, Sanchez & Davies, who will try to hurt our creative midfielders and take advantage of the simple fact that we won't want to pick up any injuries. Not an easy game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.