Tottenham Hotspur thread (2015/16)

I think David James was an excellent goalkeeper. He was much maligned for an occasional hiccup that was highlighted but I think he was a top keeper overall. IMO of course.

I'd never have that Taibi in goal, mind you I can only remember him playing one game!!

I think the other rivals goalies I mentioned as well have had patchy spells but no one would give them up. Llrois is a good shot stopper but his decision making is a lot better than earlier on at Spurs, he's saved us more points than any other Spurs goalie we have had in a long time.

If I thought he was wank I'd be the first one to say it because I don't believe in overrating players if they aren't that great. He's been the best in my lifetime, I was a bit too young to appreciate Ray Clemence although my Dad prefers him and Jennings over Lloris
Better than Kasey Keller!?

I would suggest this is partly due to Spurs selling players for fees above what most would expect. Paulihno is a recent example. At Spurs he was no better than Dabo was for us. Yet Spurs ended up selling him for more than £10m.

I have been saying the same thing for a while. He's a very good with money but he doesn't appear to do strategy. He follows a basic moneyball approach that is designed to increase the dividends for himself and Joe Lewis, rather than to develop a team. The lack of ambition and foresight of Levy and the Spurs board has held back the club (the more I think about it, the more like him).

I think that price had more to do with the fact that Spurs bought him for 19mil in the first instance.

I also remember when Spurs got Paulinho and Soldado in the same window when we got Fernandinho and Negredo we were lambasted for our poor purchases at the time...

I think that price had more to do with the fact that Spurs bought him for 19mil in the first instance.

I also remember when Spurs got Paulinho and Soldado in the same window when we got Fernandinho and Negredo we were lambasted for our poor purchases at the time...

The fact that Levy got anything for Paulinho was a masterstroke but I take your point, that he made a loss on the. Beazilian. My point was that Levy has a poor record in terms of purchases but a good record in sales.

The Soldado/Paulinho comparison with Nagredo/Ferna made me chuckle. Still does. I am not shy in repeating it to Spurs fans.

Edit: bloody autocorrect

Last edited:
Interesting to see what Spurs strategy is going forward. WHL holds just over 36,000 and is always full for league games (not all cup games). Spurs without doubt need a bigger stadium but the New WHL which is due to open in 2018 is expected to hold 61,000. Levy must spend some serious money between now and then to get 20-25,000 "fans" to leave their bar stools and actually attend matches. They are a very big club but the match going tradition has been lost / was never there for many "fans" due to the size of the current stadium. The fact that these "fans" don't turn up for cup games where tickets are available must be a concern for them.Will he spend the money required to fill the ground? In my opinion he'd be stupid not to but only time will tell.

Spurs and Arsenal are teams that have no bollocks. I look at both of their teams and there is one phrase that pops out at me every time, soft arses. They've got no players that will get stuck in. Add that to poor distribution of funds and you have two teams that can't score, and midfields that rely on a single player too much.

I can understand the people who don't think Lloris is excellent, he's been prone to high profile errors over the years. Though he's a brilliant shot stopper and is good at rushing out quickly and dealing with danger. He's not had the best defences in front of him too, let's be honest. One save that comes to mind is against us from an Aguero header, think it was 2013/14 season at WHL.

Interesting piece in the Express suggesting that Southampton and West Ham are both considering refusing to deal with Spurs anymore because of their transfer antics this season:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...anchester-United-Victor-Wanyama-Transfer-News

Be interesting if true, wonder if we can get a similar thing going with the entire Serie A.

I can understand Southampton being pissed off with them, and West Brom. West Ham on the other hand are being a trifle precious, and I would suggest they are just using the opportunity to stick the boot in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.