Tottenham Hotspur thread (2015/16)

I can understand Southampton being pissed off with them, and West Brom. West Ham on the other hand are being a trifle precious, and I would suggest they are just using the opportunity to stick the boot in.

I don't think we done an awful lot wrong with WBA to be honest, Levy put in 3 legitimate bids that they refused, I think their chairman and player came out looking bad out of all of it. I don't blame them not wanting to sell he is one of their better players.

As for West Ham you could go on all day long, it didn't help us signing Carrick and Defoe for cheap or getting their best player Parker, they weren't too happy over the olympic stadium saga either. They weren't willing to pay all of Adebayor's wages and were angry Spurs didn't help them. I think ever since they got given a 600m stadium and 100m's worth of tax handouts they want everything for free

If we don't beat Sunderland away on Sunday we are officially wank. Hopefully we get to see more of Alli and Pritchard and Ponch is saying Son will play. Eriksen is still injured

David Gill was quite critical of Levy on Wednesday. He was talking about the Berbatov transfer and said they'd been trying to do it all summer but Levy was being a dickhead (not his exact words btw but that was the clear message).

He said that Levy squeezed an extra million or so out of them by delaying till the final day but didn't leave himself enough time to get a decent replacement. So he asked for Fraizer Campbell on loan. They'd virtually sold Campbell to Hull but at the last minute told him he was going on loan to Spurs.

I don't think we done an awful lot wrong with WBA to be honest, Levy put in 3 legitimate bids that they refused, I think their chairman and player came out looking bad out of all of it. I don't blame them not wanting to sell he is one of their better players.

As for West Ham you could go on all day long, it didn't help us signing Carrick and Defoe for cheap or getting their best player Parker, they weren't too happy over the olympic stadium saga either. They weren't willing to pay all of Adebayor's wages and were angry Spurs didn't help them. I think ever since they got given a 600m stadium and 100m's worth of tax handouts they want everything for free

In regards Adebayor's wages, Spurs are well within their rights to refuse to subsidise him playing for another club. You could argue that Levy has played a blinder and shown other clubs that Spurs won't be taken advantage of. However, in doing so he has cost his club an extra few million and has created a toxic atmosphere within the camp. The smart thing to do would be to take a pragmatic approach, but I suspect Levy is more worried about his image than the club being lumbered paying for a player who isn't even in the squad. It's incredibly small time from Levy.

David Gill was quite critical of Levy on Wednesday. He was talking about the Berbatov transfer and said they'd been trying to do it all summer but Levy was being a dickhead (not his exact words btw but that was the clear message).

He said that Levy squeezed an extra million or so out of them by delaying till the final day but didn't leave himself enough time to get a decent replacement. So he asked for Fraizer Campbell on loan. They'd virtually sold Campbell to Hull but at the last minute told him he was going on loan to Spurs.

I think United were in the wrong with that one, that's why we got Fraizer Campbell, otherwise we could have done them for tapping him up, afterall Fergie had picked up Berbatov in his car without the clubs permission. Fergie was angry at Spurs and City for bumping up the price (pretty sure City bid for him that day too) . We did get a mega price to be fair, but they got a steal with Carrick for 18m

In regards Adebayor's wages, Spurs are well within their rights to refuse to subsidise him playing for another club. You could argue that Levy has played a blinder and shown other clubs that Spurs won't be taken advantage of. However, in doing so he has cost his club an extra few million and has created a toxic atmosphere within the camp. The smart thing to do would be to take a pragmatic approach, but I suspect Levy is more worried about his image than the club being lumbered paying for a player who isn't even in the squad. It's incredibly small time from Levy.

I'm not sure of the figures, either way the club loses 4m probably this year. I think Villa and the Hammers wanted him for around 5m but wanted Spurs to cough up 40k of his wages a week. I'm not a maths person and definitely not into financial side of things but we should have just got shot. Either way Adebayor is rotting in the reserves or whatever he is doing but he doesn't mind that at all. He got compassionate leave on a few occasions but still dicked around. Saying all that though, that celebration against Arsenal is still one of my favourites from a non Spurs player, I giggled like a school girl and cheered like mad. He'll probably celebrate like that when he scores against Spurs next season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.