Tottenham Hotspur thread (2015/16)

They're going backwards. Levy thinks he's the great wheeler-dealer who waits until the last minute to do all their deals hoping to get a bargain.

They simply haven't invested in the squad, which is criminal when there's been a top four place going begging the last few seasons if they'd gone for it.

One day he's going to wake up to the realisation that forward thinking teams like Swansea, Stoke & Palace have overtaken them. Won't that be amusing.

I don't know where this impression that Levy is shrewd in the transfer market seems to have come from. What he seems to be is totally unwilling to take a risk and spend a sizeable sum of money on a player who is either top quality, or has the potential to be so. If you want to crack the top 4 then £20m signings, although all well and good, won't cut it unless they are complemented by £30m-£40m signings as well.

I don't know where this impression that Levy is shrewd in the transfer market seems to have come from.

I would suggest this is partly due to Spurs selling players for fees above what most would expect. Paulihno is a recent example. At Spurs he was no better than Dabo was for us. Yet Spurs ended up selling him for more than £10m.

What he seems to be is totally unwilling to take a risk and spend a sizeable sum of money on a player who is either top quality, or has the potential to be so.

I have been saying the same thing for a while. He's a very good with money but he doesn't appear to do strategy. He follows a basic moneyball approach that is designed to increase the dividends for himself and Joe Lewis, rather than to develop a team. The lack of ambition and foresight of Levy and the Spurs board has held back the club (the more I think about it, the more like him).

I don't know where this impression that Levy is shrewd in the transfer market seems to have come from. What he seems to be is totally unwilling to take a risk and spend a sizeable sum of money on a player who is either top quality, or has the potential to be so. If you want to crack the top 4 then £20m signings, although all well and good, won't cut it unless they are complemented by £30m-£40m signings as well.
He thought spending 50m+ on Lamela and Soldado would take us to the next level but it backfired, it was the first time since the Ramos/Redknapp time that he really splashed the cash, I think that put him off a bit, although he did bid nearly 25m for Berahino. I can't see us spending 40m quid for quite a while.

There are rumours flying around that Llrois wanted to go to Old Trafford in the summer but the deal fell through, hopefully a load of bollocks but wouldn't surprise me

He thought spending 50m+ on Lamela and Soldado would take us to the next level but it backfired, it was the first time since the Ramos/Redknapp time that he really splashed the cash, I think that put him off a bit, although he did bid nearly 25m for Berahino. I can't see us spending 40m quid for quite a while.

There are rumours flying around that Llrois wanted to go to Old Trafford in the summer but the deal fell through, hopefully a load of bollocks but wouldn't surprise me

Lloris has been "wanting to leave" for a couple of years now, problem is he normally drops enough bollocks on the pitch for people to have 2nd thoughts at Levy's prices.

Great keeper 85% of the time, absolute bobbins the rest. Weird keeper.

Lloris has been "wanting to leave" for a couple of years now, problem is he normally drops enough bollocks on the pitch for people to have 2nd thoughts at Levy's prices.

Great keeper 85% of the time, absolute bobbins the rest. Weird keeper.

I'd disagree with you there mate I think he's fantastic. I think Chelsea, City, United and Spurs wouldn't swap their goalies for anyone else in the league. The only thing I don't like about Lloris is his distribution. He has made a few occasional clangers for Spurs but nothing that shits me up like Gomes used to do every match. It's just a shame we haven't got a good defence to match our goalie!

I'd disagree with you there mate I think he's fantastic. I think Chelsea, City, United and Spurs wouldn't swap their goalies for anyone else in the league. The only thing I don't like about Lloris is his distribution. He has made a few occasional clangers for Spurs but nothing that shits me up like Gomes used to do every match. It's just a shame we haven't got a good defence to match our goalie!

well yes, but there are some days you'd rather have Massimo Taibi than Gomes in goal.

For a supposed world class goalie, there are too many games I watch involving Spurs where there's at least one moment of "what the fuck are you doing, Hugo?"

Spurs have taken a gamble by signing Heung-min and N'Jie as their new forwards. Kane definitely needs help and how quickly those two players settle could well define their season.

Spurs look good defensively for me. Vertonghen and Alderweireld could develop into a very good CB partnership whilst Lloris is one of the best goalkeepers in the league. They're still short of quality in centre midfield. Mason, Dier, Bentaleb and Dembele as a group of centre midfielders is miles away from being the quality required to finish in the top four. I think they needed Waynama plus somebody like Cabaye. I've got no idea how they let Cabaye go to Palace, especially at that price.

I can't help but think Spurs missed a trick by not signing Draxler for the £30 million he went for - £5 million more than Spurs offered for Berahino.

Id rather have David James back then lloris. Every time I watch a spurs game live, he does something dodgy. Great shot stopper, but not a great keeper.

well yes, but there are some days you'd rather have Massimo Taibi than Gomes in goal.

For a supposed world class goalie, there are too many games I watch involving Spurs where there's at least one moment of "what the fuck are you doing, Hugo?"

I'd never have that Taibi in goal, mind you I can only remember him playing one game!!

I think the other rivals goalies I mentioned as well have had patchy spells but no one would give them up. Llrois is a good shot stopper but his decision making is a lot better than earlier on at Spurs, he's saved us more points than any other Spurs goalie we have had in a long time.

If I thought he was wank I'd be the first one to say it because I don't believe in overrating players if they aren't that great. He's been the best in my lifetime, I was a bit too young to appreciate Ray Clemence although my Dad prefers him and Jennings over Lloris

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.