Tottenham Hotspur thread (2015/16)

I think Dier, Bentaleb and Mason will continue to get better but not enough for one challenging for anything special, Alli looks great on the ball so far, I'm surprised how quick he's settled in. Eriksen, Kane and Lloris could easily move and go onto better things, but Eriksen blows hot and cold too often for us, if he was consistent then we'd have a real player on our hands

I think Spurs do have good young players that Pochettino will be right to place his faith in. Alli and Pritchard both have the potential to be really good players and England squad regulars. Two very promising youngsters.

The difference between Alli/Pritchard and Mason/Bentaleb is I don't think the latter two have that potential to become top players. I think Mason and Bentaleb will always be good but not great Premier League players, so it seems a little strange to place so much faith in two young players who don't have too much potential. Alli and Pritchard in 3/4 years could both be fantastic players, could Mason and Bentaleb? I don't think so, they're more likely to be at Sunderland than Man City.

Dier is a really good young centre back, but he's playing out of position in centre midfield and it shows. If Spurs needed a holding midfielder, why not sign one? Cabaye and Wanyama would have solved your centre midfielder problem for around £30 million.

I think Spurs do have good young players that Pochettino will be right to place his faith in. Alli and Pritchard both have the potential to be really good players and England squad regulars. Two very promising youngsters.

The difference between Alli/Pritchard and Mason/Bentaleb is I don't think the latter two have that potential to become top players. I think Mason and Bentaleb will always be good but not great Premier League players, so it seems a little strange to place so much faith in two young players who don't have too much potential. Alli and Pritchard in 3/4 years could both be fantastic players, could Mason and Bentaleb? I don't think so, they're more likely to be at Sunderland than Man City.

Dier is a really good young centre back, but he's playing out of position in centre midfield and it shows. If Spurs needed a holding midfielder, why not sign one? Cabaye and Wanyama would have solved your centre midfielder problem for around £30 million.

yhp, Tottenham could have had Wanyama, Cabaye, Ayew, Payet, Shaqiri, Song, Rondon all of whom have gone to smaller clubs than Spurs, who added into a nice combo with younger talent could have made a strong, exciting team. Haven't even looked at what other big clubs bought, or abroad at potential targets, Spurs have been ridiculous. The money they could have earned next season from a proper outlay this summer would more than have covered the expense. Get in the CL, supplement that squad, bring in the revenues, add higher sponsorships and then move into your new ground, s'not a difficult concept, in 2011/12 Tottenham had the tools to go on and be formidable, and they blew it spectacularly in subsequent years. It resembles the disassembling of City's hopes in the late 70s/80s. Poor management written all over it.

masons been one of spurs best players this season and last. I think he's a really good midfielder. Bentalab hasn't been so great. pritchard and eric dier will be class in the future

I think MP needs to give Alli and Pritchard a good run in the team to see what they can do and how much they will improve. Bentaleb was playing brilliant towards the end of the season and dominated the midfield pretty easily with Mason against the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal. The good thing all of them should get better. Very difficult to predict how good all of them can be. Bentaleb looks like he could improve a lot more, whereas I think Mason is playing out of his skin every game.

I think Spurs were interested in Wanyama but there is no way they would do business with us, we couldn't get Schenderlin because we got their boss. I think it goes back a lot lot further than people think. I remember Sugar throwing his toys out the pram when we couldn't get Le Tissier and seemed to get great pleasure when we done them at The Dell when Rosenthal hit a hat-trick in the FA cup. Fast forward a few years and their chairman (sure it was Lowe) said he'd never do business with Spurs again after we got Hoddle. When they done us 4-0 in the cup they rubbed it in back in

It's obvious MP wanted one though but not sure what Levy's game is, I'm not 100% sold on Dier at centre back or defensive midfield but he's not doing too badly right now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.